San Jose, California Seeking Software Engineering Internship for Summer 2020.
CONTACT Email: email@example.com Mobile: 415-***-**** URL : linkedin.com/in/nagarajanakshaya
EDUCATION MS, Software Engineering, Specialization in Data science Aug 2019 - Present San Jose State University, California
Relevant Courses: Algorithms, Data mining, Large scale Analytics, Enterprise software platforms. Bachelor of Technology, Information Technology July 2010 - May 2014 SASTRA University, Thanjavur, India CGPA: 8.27/10
Relevant Courses: Data structures, Software Engineering, Design and Analysis of Algorithms. TECHNICAL
Programming Languages: Java, Python.
Others: Nginx, Node.js, Git, SVN, Jasmine and Karma frameworks. WORK
Tata Consultancy Services, Chennai, India Aug 2014 – Aug 2019 Software Developer
• Developed Fido.ca online application end to end for Canada’s leading telecom provider which went live for users in November 2015. Developed highly responsive and interactive, mobile-first web pages using AngularJS, Bootstrap, adaptable for any screen (desktop, tablet, mobile) with Unified Touch Experience. Improved performance by creating a faster response system by handling requests asynchronously (using Nginx server) and caching JSON responses from server.
• Overhauled legacy web pages with old UX (JSP/ Servlets) to completely responsive web pages using Angular and Java, improving the site’s performance and usability significantly.
• Implemented the analytics system for tracking the number of consumers/dealers, ecommerce products searched and purchased, site interactive events and errors using Adobe Analytics (DTM).
• Developed e2e unit test suite for testing the products using Angular test frameworks – Jasmine. PROJECTS TaxiPool: Large Scale Analytics on Taxi Rides to find the number of rides that can be aggregated
• Extracted the rides that can be pooled in real-time from New York taxi rides dataset. Implemented using KDD, SQL joins and Spark Window functions on the data. Supervised Learning, Email Spam Detection
• Classified emails into spam and regular emails using supervised Machine Learning algorithm - Naïve Bayes on the Enron dataset. Used the model to identify spam in everyday emails in Gmail. Secure Cookie scheme
• Implemented Keyed Hash algorithm for encrypting cookies using Java Servlets. Developed the application to improve the security of user provided information stored in cookies on server and to maintain confidentiality while transferring from the client to server. Greedy Routing Algorithm for Non-Trivial Graphs
• Developed a Greedy routing algorithm for finding minimum distance between multiple nodes in a network by finding the optimal solution at each step. CERTIFICATES
• Dean’s list scholarship holder (Top 3%-10%) for Semesters 3, 4, 5, 6.
• Oracle certified Java SE6 programmer and Java Web services developer.
• Consistently recognized for excellence at work at TCS. VISA F-1