Joel Rodríguez Díaz CPA
cell phone 55 2966 7075
Address Paseos de las Higueras México City
PROFESSIONAL OBJECTIVE: to be part of the team of leaders in a leading company in its branch; at areas of administration and finance, comptroller, internal or external audit, etc., in which I can contribute all my knowledge in it for the achievement of the objectives of the area, of the company in general and of the shareholders.
Strong knowledge in internal and external audit, NIFS, taxes, NIAS, internal control, planning and strategic thinking, situational leadership with human capital, focus on results, teamwork, relationship skills, work under pressure, business English, Microsoft office, experience and reports focusing on the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX), COSO, focused on achieving goals and budget.
• Certified Public Accountant by the Mexican Institute of Public Accountants, A.C. (# 1077)
• Master of Taxation in the Institute of Specialization for Executives (degree seminar)
• Bachelor of Public Accounting, UNAM, professional certificate 1850046
• Diploma in "Administration" Institute of Technology and Higher Education of Monterrey
• Diploma in Internal Audit Certification at IMAI
• Diploma in Prevention of Money Laundering, College of Public Accountants of México, A.C.
• Partner of the College of Public Accountants of Mexico, A.C.,
• Former member of the Audit Committee of the same College period 2008 - 2015
• Currently Vice President of the Quality Management Commission of the College of Public Accountants of Mexico, A.C.
• Member of the Local Contributions Commission at the College of Publics Accountants of México, A.C.
• Exhibitor of various courses at the College of Publics Accountants of México, A. C., Mexican Stock Market
OVER 30 YEARS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Independent advisor performing internal, external and special work audits (April 2019 to date)
• Current Commissioner of GlaxoSmithKline de México and Dermatological Laboratories Darier
• Accounting Firm Group Day, Audit Partner (2009 - March 2019)
• Group Salinas, Director of Internal Audit (2008-2009)
• Hogares Unión, Exitus Capital - Internal audit partner in Out sourcing (2017)
Activities performed in internal audit
a. Preparation of the annual internal audit plan based on the identified risks
b. Verification of compliance with internal control
c. Validation of the application of the manual of policies and procedures to achieve operational efficiency
d. Fraud Identification, risk matrix supervision and risk heat map
f. Determination of risk inventory
g. Preparation, issuance of reports and follow-up of observations and findings
h. Meetings with the audit committee and meetings with external auditors
i. Attention and monitoring the Honestel tool (line of complaints for employees and external)
j. Training to area staff
• International accounting firm BDO Castillo Miranda, Senior Audit Manager (2004-2008)
• International accounting firm Deloitte, Audit Manager (1995 - 2004)
• L'Oreal de México, head of the internal audit area (1994-1995)
• International accounting firm Salles Sainz Grant Thorton, senior audit (1994 - 1992)
• International accounting firm Arthur Andersen - Ruiz Urquiza y Cía., S.C. semi-senior audit (1991-1992)
• International accounting firm Coopers & Lybrand (today PWC) Roberto Casas Alatriste, auditor (1989 - 1991)
•Bank BBVA Bancomer, banking operator (1985 - 1989)
Activities performed in external audit
a. Development and implementation of strategic planning to achieve objectives and budget
b. General administration of the audit area in general (planning, staff programming, training etc ...)
c. Control and supervisor of the annual budget
d. Review of consolidated, individual financial audit reports, verifying compliance with Financial Information Standards, review of compliance with SOX, COSO, internal control, application of International Auditing Standards, preparation of internal audit reports
and. Relationship with clients and negotiations
e. Dictaminator with records at the SAT, Treasury of the Government of the CDMX and EDOMEX, IMSS and INFONAVIT for audits for financial, fiscal, IMSS, Infonavit, local contributions, share disposal opinion, PLD audits (Sofomes); as well as experience to perform internal audits to identify operational risks and issues of adherence to manuals of policies and procedures; the above in national and multinational companies under NIFS and IFRS; review of reports to the BMV, SEC report 20 - F; Preparation of a letter of recommendations to improve internal control in operational, administrative, accounting and fiscal aspects.
Companies audited: hotel industry, logistics, construction, textile, industrial, commercial, services, retailers, marketers, government sector, etc ... auditing companies such as: Elektra Group, Samsung, L'Oreal de México, GICSA, Grupo Posadas, Hotels Calinda, Club Med Hotels, Hotel Sheraton Suites Santa Fe, Televisa, subsidiaries of Grupo Gigante, Ivonne, Henco Global, Aldo Conti, CDMX government entities etc ...