South Park, PA *****
Patient Care Technician in hospital, emergency department or physician office. Skills
Experienced PCT providing in hospital care, emergency room support and patient care in physician offices. Data entry, keyboarding,, basic MS Word and Excel. Functional
● Established career working in hospital settings and doctor’s offices providing quality care and education.
● Set up and performed 12 lead EKGs for cardiology patients. Responded to STAT ER calls.
● Performed patient assessments to collect and accurately enter data into medical records, blood glucose, weights, vitals, I&O, Foley care and IV insertions, Bladder scan, straight catheter, and dressings.
● Explained procedures to patients to reduce anxiety. Worked as part of a team providing medical and behavioral health care. Organized and encouraged patient participation in social, education and recreation activities.
● Performed front and back office functions, including phlebotomy-blood draws, chart entries, electronic medical record updates, office and computer equipment operations.
● Knowledge of insurance billing.
Education [ July – December 2009 ] National Career School Uniontown, PA. Patient Care Technician, phlebotomy and medical assisting
● Certified in EKG, IV Therapy, and Phlebotomy
● Certified Basic Life Support and CPR (June 2018)
● PA Essentials of Fire Fighting (88 hours)
Employment [ Patient Care Technician ] Magee Women’s Hospital Pittsburgh, PA (2 Years )
[ EKG Tech ] Canonsburg Hospital Canonsburg, PA ( 2 years )
[ Medical Office Assistant ] Dr Jay Herman MD Pittsburgh, PA