Manu Gopalan Nair
Email Id : firstname.lastname@example.org
I am offering 18 years of experience in the field of Safety operations and management. Indian Army experience in handling safety & security operations, safety inspections, and fire fighting’s has helped me refine my skills to perfection with the highest level of systematic approach towards a situation on hand. I am an approved trainer for safety personnel. Post retirement from the Armed Forces of India, I was employed with Kochi Refinery (BPCL) as Safety Officer. My strong organizational, communicational, auditing, training and leadership skills help me to create safe and healthy work environment for the well-being of employees and the optimization of business outcomes. I am currently on the pursuit of a position in the Occupational Health and Safety & Environmental Management System sectors. Seeking for job of HSE Officer.
Fire Fighting Safety & Quality Assurance Field Training & Personnel Assessment Safety Operations Site Management & Execution Tool Box Talk Quality Control On job Trainings Site Supervision Resource Planning & Management Schedule Tracking Team Management & Resolving Disputes Safety Inspection in Area of Responsibility
Safety Auditing of Confidential and Restricted Documents Safety Patrol CAREER TIMELINE
May 2017 to April 2018
Kochi Refinery (BPCL) -
January 2000 to March 2017 -
- Specific Project: Integrated Refinery Expansion project at Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Kochi, Kerala.
- Within my role in the Indian Army, I handled activities around the Safety field, Supervising, Planning, Operations, Training and in Administration. Rich experience in Clerical as well as Store-in-Charge. TRAININGS & CERTIFICATIONS
• SAFETY OFFICER DIPLOMA - Diploma in Industrial Safety Management, Fire Fighting & First Aid - National Institute of Security Management, Bangalore - October 2012
• NEBOSH - International General Certification in OH&S - NIST Institute Pvt Ltd - November 2017
• IOSH – IOSH- Ensign Safety Academy - April 2018
• OHSAS-18001 - OH&S MS Lead Auditor – Ensign Safety Academy - April 2018
• ISO- 14001 - Environmental Management System - Ensign Safety Academy - May 2018
• First Aid, CPR, AED Course - First Aider - American Heart Association (AHA) - April 2018
• IELTS – January 2018 – 6.5
• FIELD TRAINER ARMY-58 - Field Trainer for Armed Security Guard – Indian Army, NSDC & SSSDC - March 2017 PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
• Professional approach, coupled
with strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent planning, organizational
and time management skills.
• Excellent communication skill in English,
Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam languages.
• Strong IT and presentation skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Ability to work in, and adapt to a
rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to work co-operatively with
others to complete tasks and
implement process improvements.
• Flexible and co-operative at all times.
• An assertive but calm demeanor.
• SSLC - Netaji High School, Pathanamthitta
- March 1997 - 65.3%
• PRE-DEGREE - St Thomas College,
April 1999 - 52.8%
• BA - Arunachal University of Studies
– Aug 2016 - 62.5%
• GRADUATION- Indian Army Special Certificate of
Education for ‘DEGREE’
May 2017 to April 2018:
Kochi Refinery (BPCL) – SAFETY OFFICER
Specific Project: Integrated Refinery Expansion project at Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Kochi, Kerala.
• Ensure safe workplace environment without risk to health.
• Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
• Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
• Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
• Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
• Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, Risk Assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
• Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
• Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
• Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
• Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
• Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
• Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager, Board of Directors/Senior Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
• Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters. January 2000 to March 2017: INDIAN ARMY
• Preparing safety training programme and train as per schedule.
• Worked as an Instructor and commanded 120 manpower.
• Safety Auditing of Confidential & Restricted documents.
• Safety inspections in Area of Responsibility (AoR).
• Safety Patrolling / Provide Safety instructions, conduct Pre-Induction Training for man under control.
• Making safety reports and reporting issues to higher authorities.
• Safety & Quality Perception.
• Fire Fighting & Mock Drills.
• Handle Stressful job operations & survive in different environment.
• Conduct portable fire extinguisher training.
• Incident investigations.
• Auditing and monitoring H&S compliances.
• Trainer for Quick Reaction Team (ERT).
• Rich IT awareness as well as clerical & Personal Assistant (PA) duties.
• A skilled Store In-Charge who handled various stores of Weapon, Ammunition, Ration, Clothing, Tentage, and Controlled Equipment in Indian Army.
ENGLISH, HINDI, MALAYALAM : Speaking, writing, Reading Tamil : Speaking
Indian Driving License (LMV)
Qatar Driving License (Manual)
Nationality : INDIAN
Date of Birth : 01 JUNE 1982
Passport No : M 9953162
Place of issue & Validity :Trivandrum, Kerala, India. 15 JUNE 2025