Sima Marzban firstname.lastname@example.org
Chapel Hill, NC
UNIVERSITY OF NORTH CAROLINA at Chapel Hill
Master of Public Health,Public Health Leadership Track
● Awarded by the Leadership Department in developing and evaluation of public health solutions,
● Invited speaker at GillingsX 2019 Global Health Event,
● Related coursework: Project Management, Public Health Solutions, Systems Global Public Health, Understanding Public Health issues, and policies, Measure and Method, Analysis, Quality Improvement, Evidence Review, Community Participatory Research AZAD UNIVERSITY, SCIENCE AND RESEARCH BRANCH at Tehran Doctor of Philosophy, Health Management
● Top student at the program entrance exam
● Related coursework: Global Comparative Health Systems, Healthcare Policy Making, Strategic Planning & Management, Healthcare Financing, Budgeting, and Allocation Patterns, Data Analysis in Social Science, Health Economics
TEHRAN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCE
● Earned under-100th rank in the national entrance exam to enter the top Med School in the country May
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, US Gillings Global School of Public Health
Adjunct Instructor at SPH, Academic Affairs
● Provided a high level of student outreach and connected with students, academic advisors and team leads on a frequent basis to ensure student success
● Created lesson plans aligned with targeted competencies, improved student assignments based on course objectives, and managed online classes Shahid Beheshti Medical University, Tehran, Iran
Second top-ranked university in Iran
April 2012- June 2018
Assistant Professor at School of Public Health, Department of Health Management
● Conducted Task-based Curriculum Revision Project at the HPM Department that led to the revised syllabuses and lesson plans by faculty to meet the required competencies/skills for after graduation roles.
● Established workshops on Healthcare Transformation for Public Health Leaders to build the capacity for change leadership. Quality issues and equity concerns have been also covered in the 40 hours program.
● Directed collaborative research and joint courses between School of Medicine & Health Management Department in the field of Community Based Healthcare, Systematic Review, and Quality Improvement Shahid Beheshti Medical University – Tehran, Iran
June 2003- June 2012
Quality Director at Clinical Excellence Center
● Conducted a systemic assessment of quality steering elements including leadership commitment and organizational enablers in terms of structure, staff, process, and outcomes. Disseminated the results particularly patient experience-oriented findings in a quality dashboard.
● Empowered C suit and operational managers in the organizational development of quality departments and staff competencies.
● Aligned strategic plan of the university and resource allocation pattern with continuous quality improvement requirements
● Planned analysis of care outcomes and service quality-related data of seventeen affiliated hospitals National Research Institute of Health Tehran
Research Project Manager
● Contributed to the study on healthcare financing mechanisms to optimize Out of Pocket Payment in Iran
● Collaborated with country profile developers in the WHO Representative Office in by the Provincial Health Account study led to Provincial Health Accounts drafting and presentation in the annual meeting of Cairo World Health Organization Office.
● Conducted the project on drawing the current system of Medical Technology Selection and Use in Social Security Affiliated hospitals (first phase) and in Iran (second phase) with WHO sponsorship.
National Institute for Health, Tehran, Iran
Health System Research Division, Project Manager
● Closely collaborated with principal investigators to develop the design and project plan
● Accelerated team roles and responsibilities, patient visits, data management, budget, and equipment, managed training meetings and result in share sessions
● Led the planning and achievement of goals and objectives consistent with time limits
● Maximized collaboration with physicians & nurses to correct problems &improve services
● Optimized longitudinal monitoring and quality assurance of patient visits, exams, etc.
● Maintained research project activities/progress in compliance with project plan timelines
● Contributed to proposal/project plan reviews, team assessment, equipment qualifications LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
Institute for Health Technology Assessment, Tehran, Iran Month 2009- Month 2013
● Member of director board developed the institute’s strategic and action plan. Planned and adjusted the performance-based budget drafts during the 4 years of collaboration
● Coached the research teams to involve with the target community of projects like Review of Costs and Effects of Homecare vs. Hospitalization for the neuromuscular disease-affected population. OUTSTANDING SKILLS
Strategic and action planning/setting measures to monitor and evaluate, Project Management/budget developing/cost analysis, Team leadership, organization and training/SOP and PDP development, Applying systems thinking and design approach/tools to identify and resolve public health issues, Planning and evaluation of the healthcare programs (logic modeling), Process/quality improvement through RCA, FMEA, and Lean approach.