Crownsville, MD *****
email@example.com • +1-301-***-**** • linkedin.com/in/stan-williams-b718986/ Finance & Operations Leader
Seasoned professional with solid history of success in government and private sector environments. Extensive background managing accounting, pricing, contracts, human resources, information technology, supply chain, programs, legal, security, import/export and business management. Strong strategic ability to build and lead teams that meet and exceed designated goals. Financial and Management Competencies
• Team Building and Leadership
• Staff Training and Development
• Cost Analysis and Cost Reductions
• Strategic Planning and Analysis
• Contract Negotiations and Management
• Budget Development and Oversight
• Profit and Revenue Optimization
• Strong Financial Modeling Skills
• Regulatory Compliance / Process Improvements
• Full-Cycle Project Management
Williams & Co., Annapolis, MD
Consultant, Managing Director 2018 – Present
Williams & Co. is a boutique consulting firm focusing on assisting CFO’s emerging companies and start-ups with financial operations, financial statement improvements efficiencies. Key Customers: Sierra Nevada Corp, Ferra Aerospace, Delta Consulting Group, Windham Ltd., TA/S, SBA, Covington & Burling, and Cordia Resources
Key Platforms: USAF Light Attack Aircraft, USAF/USN F-35 Program, DOD, International Consulting Services to-date: Strategic Supply Chain Sourcing, Rates & Factors Development, Executive Management Augmentation, Market Surveys, Market Identification, SBLO Support, SAP / IFS Migration, Strategic Sourcing, Cost Reductions, Proposal Management, Accounting & Financial Statement Improvement, transfer pricing, network security planning, equipment financing and international office expansion
• Providing consulting services to a large Aerospace manufacturer in the Midwest on Supply Chain improvement, proposal management and supplier negotiations. After one week with the team on-site, was asked to lead the SCM proposal efforts to reduce the subcontracts by 15%-20% while increasing the Small and Disadvantaged content to 23% on a $6B-8B must-win proposal.
• Map, understand and analyze material cost movements on the financial statements, including inflation, sourcing savings, small business contributions and mix.
• Led strategic sourcing teams to improve the supply chain network, reduce risk, and identify new partners to reduce supply chain costs. While working to develop, monitor and track performance of sourcing savings projects.
• Coauthored a 100+ page strategic market survey titled, “Assessment of Market Dynamics, Suppliers, Alternatives, Negotiation Strategies and Other Considerations” regarding international competition of Light Attack Aircraft and strategic suppliers.
• Advising a F35 international partner setting up a US operation to parlay team their position and relationships into additional US / F-35 business through its US subsidiary.
• Working expansion strategy to grow orders and revenue from $35M to $100M in five years for manufacturing client.
• Located and closed $10M in expansion funding which included a business acquisition, construction loan and $3M in equipment financing (all non-recourse to foreign owners/trusts).
• Developing PE relationships for long-term financing and developing a path to go public or exit strategy for the owners.
• Designing accounting and process upgrades to make company financials IFRS & GAAP and FAR Compliant.
• Produced hiring strategies for International Home Office: Group Accountant, Controller, EA, Finance, IT Manager, SAP BW / FICO Consultants. Saving 25% hiring costs on each employee. Also provided services for office design, IT setup and implementation.
• Major rate & factor updates and redesign of manufactured cost flow to be supportable in multiple DCAA audits.
• Strategic planning preparation, lead ERP upgrade (SAP S/4 HANA –cloud.
• Reviewed ITAR processes and protections. Initiated planning efforts for FOCI and Proxy boards to be able to potentially handle sensitive, classified, ITAR and EAR controlled activities. Stan Williams • Page 2
• Set up US banking, Insurance, 401(k) and other relationships. Provided salary and compensation surveys.
• Developed and analyzed cash flow models and assess all financial program variables including taxes, insurance, and local industrial bonds.
• Hired by an international law firm to assist in providing legal advice to their client regarding the development of a potential new indirect rate structure and calculation of indirect rates as well as manage and oversee the preparation of their long-term cost proposals.
• Working with PE firms to target takeover or investment opportunities.
• I also donate time to mentor to small businesses in the SBA program seeking expansion capital, business loans and equipment leasing. Developed and trademarked “Pitch and Chat”, a Shark Tank style/speed lending business forum matching investors and entrepreneurs.
Terma North America Inc., Arlington, VA
Vice President/Chief Financial Officer 2011-2018
Director of Business Management / Controller (promoted) (2009-2011) Finance Manager (promoted) (2006-2009)
Hired to standup the US headquarters, engineering, maintenance depot and R&D center of excellence for the US defense markets. Oversaw daily operations and budgets of the regional business area and its departments which included information technology, finance, human resources, contracts, accounting, supply-chain management, pricing, import/export, and business management teams with more than 25 overall staff. Analyzed, reviewed and understood financial data related to performance and proposed business policy options, staffing allocation, and business operations to enhance performance and EBIT. Formed and sustained strong relationships with senior-level leadership. Key Customers and Partners: USAF, USN, ANG, FMS, NASA, EPAF, DOD, DoS, Lockheed, Northrop, Boeing, BAE, Raytheon, Gulfstream, L3, Iomax, BAH, GTRI, Airbus, IAI, Sierra Nevada, Mercury, UAE, Tata, Harris/ITT, Danish DOD, RNLAF, CCC, Canadian DND, etc.
Platforms/Products: F35 (pods/pylon composites, skins), F16 (EWMS & Sensor SW Integration), C130J (EWMS), G450/550/650 (Winglets), Archangel (EW), Scanter (Radar Sensors), etc.
• Grew 13-person company with $1M in annual revenues into $60M in orders and $45M+ in revenue within six years and within ten years: $230M in orders and $135M in US-based revenue.
• As CFO, I administered daily accounting and administrative functions and payroll department. Partnered with key business teams and marketing leaders to enhance operational profits. Set financial, operational, and credit policies.
• I also identified, secured, and analyzed potential new business in federal civilian and Department of Defense sectors.
• Monitored escalated issues at the Group or Board levels. Led enhancements to internal controls, business process and re- engineering processes.
• Executive oversight of bid and request for proposal response process. Helped create and launch new policies, procedures, and programs. Deciphered staff abilities and identified potential hires.
• Serve as advisor and presenter for Board of Directors and audit, compensation, and security committees. Board included General Ed Eberhart, (ret), USCG Commandant, Thomas Collins (ret), and original LM F35 PM, Tom Burbage
• Routinely achieved higher than budgeted revenue, margins and EBIT.
• Achieved notable “Low Risk” Rating from DCAA, avoided annual and proposal audits.
• Led double-digit CAGR in orders and revenue over 12 years.
• $3B+ in proposal leadership (and Cost Lead) in wins. I have been responsible for “Cradle-to-grave” management of these contracts including supply-chain solicitation process.
• Helped develop and execute short- and long-term growth plans and direct program execution to optimize potential earnings and critical performance measurements.
• Key Stakeholder in Must Win Proposals Led proposal reviews (as part of executive management) to review risk and opportunities, investment and IRR.
• Postured the company for long-term competitive growth by preparing rates and factors – aligned with the long-term company strategy, ICE model reporting and ultimately rate close-out proposals and negotiations with DCAA.
• Led manufacturing and supply chain improvement activities which included, learning curve analysis, Kaizen efforts, supplier audits (including rates and factors), and negations.
• Led nationwide supplier audits/negotiations and led negotiations with international suppliers. Stan Williams • Page 3
• Fully supported customer’s proposal audits which often lead to less than 2% reductions in prices from USG and Primes. Generally achieved, through negotiations, 12%-15% profit levels (35%-50% margin) in hardware/equipment sales by supporting risk profiles (foreign exchange, software integration, test and development risk.
• Prepared cost savings proposals for innovated changes to manufacturing process and material management for the USG.
• Created and led FP&A teams to review performance against plan/s and advise on corrective matters and reporting.
• Created and negotiated Service Level Agreements with key vendors to improve long-term pricing and margin protection.
• Improved Cash collections to 17-28 days for 80% of customers / Held primes to <45.
• Instilled discipline in CRM, order/sales forecasting and budgeting processes.
• Established budgets, forecasts, accounts receivable cash management, job costing, and tactical planning.
• Worked with sales and product leadership to determine objectives, R&D / product development and ROI expectations.
• Setup and trained staff in ITAR, licensing, company firewalls and sensitive how to handle non-exportable data. Acquired export licenses for small companies that could not export to reduce risk.
• Led ERP installation (IFS & Prophix) with IT and Business Transformation depts.
• Supervised internal and external audits (Rodl, via EY & KPMG). RGII Technologies Inc., Annapolis, MD
Business Manager (Pricing, Contracts, Marketing), 2004-2006 Key Customers and Partners: USN (Pax), DOL, DOJ, DOA, IRS, FEMA, DHS, and HUD
• Demonstrated, through competitive wins, how to lose half the business base while maintaining 100% of the prior EBITA
(RGII had graduated from 8a status and found it difficult to compete)
• Arranged financial and accounting proposals for regional, national, and managed service activity including month-end close, quarterly and annual AOPs, QBRs, and multiple analytical support projects.
• Directed cost and pricing models (structure, content, attributes) and databases for all existing and new product options develop pricing guidelines for new products.
• Led all pricing team and cross-functional activities guaranteeing on-time completion of costing/pricing. Served as backup technical proposal manager.
• Transitioned company into competitive large business sector before eventual sale to Maximus. Orbital Sciences Corp. (Orbital ATK sold to NGC), Dulles, VA Pricing/Cost Analyst 2002-2006
Hired to perform Pricing and Cost Estimating and led or assisted with Business Management, Cost Control, Financial Modeling, and Earned Value Management Systems as well as performance measurements.
• Produced cost proposals for satellites and launch vehicles in the $25M - $650M range (single handedly).
• Created ROM model (based on production history) that was 3 accurate to the eventual price, to allow BD to price satellites and launch vehicles while visiting international customers in real time. Savings: time & proposal preparation
• Led winning proposal efforts for approximately $1.4B in new long-term business.
• Developed financial analyses (including statistical analysis, learning curve analysis, work-flow analysis, and risk analysis), and price modeling tools, detect pricing trends, and validate proposed program prices.
• Participated as the lead in internal audits and as the primary interface with government (DCAA) to ensure understanding of financial data, methodology and applicability under appropriate government regulations. Education and Credentials
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Accounting, University of Baltimore, MD 2004-2006: Employee Performance Awards (Unrestricted Common Stock) 2006-2018: Numerous internal performance awards and paid annual / long-term incentives 2007 NSA – Special Citizen Recognition Award for (pro bono) ad hoc financial system design and training provided to mission analysts. 2018-present: small business mentor to Investors and Tech Companies Systems: SAP, IFS, Costpoint, ProPricer, Unanet, Quickbooks, Office365 & Project, MCPS, Dropbox, Sharepoint etc. Hobbies: Golf, Tennis, Photography, Hiking, Travel, Biking, Racquetball