email@example.com 810-***-**** North Carolina/Georgia border linkedin.com/in/shawn-munn-professional1 SHAWN MUNN
MANUFACTURING MANAGER LEADER TRAINER SAFETY SPECIALIST MANUFACTURING MANAGER, PRODUCTION MANAGER AND LEADER with an eye for detail. Core values include fairness and consistency, operating with accountability, integrity and dedication. I believe in leading my team and understanding the strengths and weakness of team members with the goal of fostering the growth of those who desire it while attaining company goals. PROFESSIONAL ACHIEVEMENTS
● Led a successful team while at MSC, breaking every production record of a 100-year-old company in my 2nd year at the plant.
● Saved $147k by working with vendors to design, build and install a bulking system.
● Saved $130k a year by identifying savings in waste discharge systems.
● Saved Quaker Houghton $325K through hard-dollar guaranteed saving through Ford by getting by-offs.
● At Quaker Houghton, saved Ford $157K from a mistake it made in diluting one of our coolant tanks.
● As a superintendent at MSC, identified, validated and corrected 842 safety concerns as site safety manager.
● Served as Customer Liaison for W-Industries while at Spartan Motors because it was a struggling supplier.
● Oversaw multi-million-dollar capital improvement projects at several career stops. SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Time Management Monitoring & Documenting Product Lifecycle Conflict Resolution Root Cause Analysis
Value Stream Mapping
Outside the Box/ Critical Thinker
Lean Manufacturing Training
S.O.P. Writing & Implementation
Implementing Lean tools Identify & Correct Safety Concerns Manufacturing Safety Training Identifying cost savings Quality /Administrative Audit system Monitoring CAREER PROGRESSION
Manufacturing Manager, PHA USA Grand Blanc, MI 2022 to 2023 Responsible for day-to-day operations, including manufacturing, receiving, shipping and scheduling
• Oversee 6 Direct and approx. 75 Indirect daily workloads.
• Assign work to each asset based on our daily requirements from auto industry.
• Reduce scrap and make process improvements where allowable.
• Building & Equipment PM and TPM Program.
• Several different reports and kpi performance report out. Manufacturing Manager, ROBERT SINTO CORPORATION Grand Blanc, MI 2021 to 2022 Oversaw all production lines and machine builds, responsible for KPIs and making budget
• Spearheaded five-line, $5MM production project
• Oversaw 8 direct and ~50 indirect daily reports
• Responsible for daily budget targets and project budgets
• Assure safety compliance daily for all associated with the manufacturing floor
• Building & Equipment Program Manager and TPM Program.
• Work with all vendors, customers and suppliers to maintain stock levels On-Site Program Manager, QUAKERHOUGHTON Romeo, MI 2019 to 2021 Led Metallurgy and Chemical Lab for Ford Motor Company
• Over Saw 12 Direct reports between metallurgy and chemical labs this includes PPAP approval for FMC shifts
• Responsible for complete P & L for location and establishing budget with FMC Controller
• Safety meetings & Compliance as well as training
• Complete oversight of 14 chemical systems & 44 Wash systems all ranging between 500 Gal. and 75K gallon as well as all stock
• Working relationships with FMC MGT. Vendors, as well as all skilled trades at FMC
Maintenance Manager, KARS NUTS Madison Heights, MI 2018 to 2019 Oversaw and assured mechanical reliability
• Oversee maintenance and repair of all assets in a 24/7 operation
• Maintain equipment, PM’s, Manage outside services.
• Employee training, mentoring and development.
Shift Superintendent/Site Safety Compliance Officer/Safety Secretary, MICHIGAN SUGAR Sebewaing, MI 2011 to 2018 Led and supervised record-breaking production team
• Coordinated the daily activities for production, electrical and mechanical crews.
• Address safety concerns, generate work orders for addressing safety issues while continuing to keep a pulse on the daily production quotas.
• Monthly conduct safety meetings, do safety audits, and record and report to all safety committee members the status of all open safety issues and expected completion dates.
• Interact with vendors, customers, owners and all levels of management of various situations and also oversee specific capital improvements.
• Annual budgeting of improvement projects, operations, as well as maintenance for ongoing work and work to be completed.
• Keep track and report on Key Operating Indicators.
• Coordinate and schedule annual training of Hazmat, confined space and rescue training.
• Annually discuss with management as well as stock shareholder/owners of capital improvements needed and the implementation of such improvements.
• Participate in AIB Audits, Safe Quality Food Audits as well as Farm Feed and Aggregate Audits.
• Daily assign work to all skilled trades and implement daily PM & TPM schedules.
• While at MSC I designed a cross training chart that easily allowed you to know each asset and each employees’ capabilities. PREVIOUS CAREER HISTORY
Property Manager, KMG PRESTIGE 2009-2011
Production Manager, W-INDUSTRIES 2008
Production Manager, SPARTAN MOTORS 2007 to 2008
Certifications: Colorado State University (Agriculture/beet harvesting) & (Food/Sugar Production) Course work: Lansing Community College (Business Management) Certified: NSF- post Aggregate food practitioner
CIVIC ENGAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP POSITIONS
Volunteer, Disability Network Partner (House our Service Member’s) 2019 to Present Volunteer, Genesee County soup kitchen 2019 to 2022 Volunteer, Young people development camp 2015 to 2021 Volunteer, Homeless (feed & House) 2009 to 2015
Volunteer, Homeless tally & reporting to state for funding) 2009 to 2015 1
Private and Conﬁdential