Augusta Reeves, CPA, MS
***** ******** ** • Montgomery Village, MD 20886
Phone: 240-***-**** • E-mail: email@example.com SUMMARY
Highly accomplished Financial Management Professional with over 20 years of progressive financial oversight, technical financial reporting, staff development, strategic leadership and management experience. PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong technical knowledge of general accounting and financial statement reporting using GAAP.
• Demonstrated ability to perform accounting research for new or unusual transactions to develop appropriate technical financial reporting conclusions; providing concise, complete supporting documentation.
• Ability to lead and manage multiple projects in a complex, mid to large scale environment ($500M-$6B annual revenue environments)
• Ability to lead, develop and motivate high-performing teams of accounting experts and cross-functional professionals.
• Working knowledge Not-profit and For-Profit entities including SEC reporting (earlier in career)
• Extensive knowledge of implementing and evaluating financial and operational controls systems
• Ability to identify, design, and implement innovative results-based approaches to conducting business.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills aligned with priorities and process management.
• Demonstrated leadership in change management and strategic planning.
• Significant knowledge of treasury functions including debt covenants, cash flow and financial ratio projections, and banking
Sr. Manager, Technical & Financial Reporting American Chemical Society Washington, DC
Accountable For Thought Leadership Associated with Compliance with Appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Industry and External Reporting & Regulatory Requirements, As Well As Leading the Formulation, Determination and Execution Of Management Policies and Process Improvements. Led a team of 3 Accounting Manager Level Professionals.
• Led efforts to achieve audit and industry regulatory excellence; reduced financial reporting discrepancies by 30% through meticulous oversight and process improvements.
• Led the efforts to provide proactive, executive decision support, expert consultation, and technical support on business transactions; identifying and addressing accounting policies and procedures, reporting issues and opportunities.
• Led efforts to monitor, analyze and document developments (including new standards) from the FASB, OMB, and PCAOB that could impact the Corporation’s accounting policies, practices, and disclosures.
• Key participant in planning and execution of complex organizational restructuring activities. Analyzed financial activity for multiple affected business lines across legal entities (both Not-for-Profit and For-Profit) within the organization.
• Led training/information sharing initiatives for various financial and operational teams across the organization.
• Served as a member of financial liaison team to the Board of Directors Audit Committee Sr. Manager, General Ledger American Chemical Society Washington, DC
Accountable For Managing General Ledgers and Reporting Systems, Ensuring Compliance with Appropriate Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Regulatory Requirements, Donor Requirements, And the US Office Of Management And Budget As Well As Leading The Financial Closes and Audits. Directly Managed a team of 8 Accounting Professionals.
• Monitoring, analyzing, and documenting developments (including new standards) from the FASB, OMB, and PCAOB that could impact the Corporation’s accounting policies, practices, and disclosures.
• Designed and implemented accounting/financial reporting systems, chart of account structures and business policies and procedures to control and report company's financials.
• Accounting lead in design, development and implementation of all new software systems and modules; successfully managing an ERP implementation across all operating locations - resulting to 40% increase in productivity and 20% savings in implementation costs.
• Lead Expert on contracts review for key business elements, proper revenue and expense recognition and external reporting requirements.
• Establish and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with executive management, Program Leaders, Legal and other internal stakeholder groups ensure timely and accurate exchange of information.
• Managed relationships with external Accounting, Finance, Tax and Audit support personnel. Financial Reporting Supervisor National Public Radio Washington, DC
Managed the Financial Reporting Team to Achieve General Ledger and Month-End-Closing Deliverables for All Corporate Departments and Subsidiaries. Directly Managed a team of 5 Accounting Professionals.
• Manages the month-end close to produce timely financial statements that are consistent with GAAP and accounting practices/policies. Reduced close schedule from 10 to 6 days
• Responsible for leading the research and documentation of accounting issues related GAAP & FASB
• Lead in the formulation, determination and execution of management policies for the corporate units
• Support CFO/Sr. VP of Finance in quarterly Executive committee and Board meetings
• Work closely with management to refine forecast assumptions (analysis for revenue and expenses as well as ongoing cash and working capital requirements)
• Develop and implement processes to enhance operations and financial reporting Sr. Accountant National Public Radio Washington, DC (2002-2007) Served As Lead For General Ledger And Month-End-Closing Activities Of 30 Corporate Departments. Served As Back Up To Accounting Manager/Supervisor in All Financial Reporting Functions
• Conducted monthly close activities, including close meetings with Business Managers, Controller & CFO.
• Prepared month-end consolidation and internal financial statements including two subsidiaries
• Provided accounting guidance on transactions and new accounting rules to departmental financial managers.
• Prepared analysis to support variances in budget to actual financial statements Sr. Accountant/Auditor /Consultant Thomas Havey LLP Washington, DC (2001-2002) Managed Financial Statement, Compliance, And Operational Audits Of Entities In The Not-For-Profit And Commercial Industries Reporting Revenue Up To Several Billions Dollars.
• Supervised audit projects involving the preparation of financial statements and required tax filings.
• Provided management with advice on business process reengineering.
• Executed procedures to test the propriety and presentation of accounting policies. Audit Sr. Accountant Deloitte & Touche LLP Mclean, VA
Planned And Supervised Financial Statement, Compliance, And Operational Audits of Entities in The Not-For-Profit, Technology And Financial Services Industries Reporting Revenue Up To One Billion.
• Prepared and analyzed Financial Statements of companies in various industries.
• Identified procedures to improve financial reporting and operations
• Developed solution-based recommendations for commercial, financial, and production areas of clients ‘business. EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
• Master of Science in Accounting and Information Systems - University of Maryland University College, May 2007
• Bachelor of Science –Dual Major-Accounting / Finance University of Maryland- College Park, May 1997
• CPA - Maryland State Certification (In process of renewing) PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
• Member- American Institute of CPA (AICPA)
• Member - Beta Alpha Psi (National Honorary Accounting Fraternity) SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE:
Software skills include proficient knowledge of:
• MS Office application ; MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project, MS Outlook
• Accounting software applications ; PeopleSoft, Epicor, Great Plains Ultipro Payroll Software
• Financial Reporting & Analysis applicatios: Nvision, Crystal reports and FRX, Cognos Impromptu, Hyperion, Blackline
• Tax Software ; Prosystems Tax Software, ATX Tax Software, Turbo Tax, Intuit Taxact