GIULIA CARLA GIOVANELLI
University of Massachusetts Amherst Amherst, MA
Isenberg School of Management
Master of Business Administration (MBA); 2017; GPA 3.9
• Emphasis Marketing
• Awarded MBA Fellowship
• National Association of Women MBA (NAWMBA)
• Consulting Club, Net Impact
University of Colorado Denver, CO
Bachelor of Arts in Sociology; With Distinction; 1997 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
THE CREATIVE BUSINESS (February 2016- Present) South Hadley, MA Owner/Lead Consultant
• Development comprehensive digital media campaign for B2B and B2C.
• Market trend analysis to uncover new business opportunities.
• Program and planogram analysis and proposals.
• Marketing and promotional and sales presentation material development.
• Forecasting model development using regression analysis. CANSON, INC. (November 2005-December 2015) South Hadley, MA A 458-Year-Old French based company. An International leader in the Fine Art Paper Industry. Marketing Manager Fine Art, North America (Aug 2012- Dec 2015)
• Developed and implemented analytically based marketing strategies in line with corporate objectives.
• Managed life cycle and P&L for a broad product portfolio consisting +1,600 Skus.
• Lead cross functional team in development and launch of numerous product lines, and promotions.
• Lead consumer research team quantitative and qualitative brand awareness study.
• Developed and presented brand repositioning strategy for US market to international leadership team.
• New Product Development and repackaging under new branding strategy resulted in 35% sales increase.
• Developed and managed digital media communications plan for North American market. Marketing & Sales Account Manager- Education, Craft, and Book Chain (Jan 2010- Dec 2015)
• Established strong customer relations with key accounts.
• Drove growth with strong understanding of customer, consumer, and category needs and objectives.
• Prepared and presented in-depth planogram analysis for category growth: product selection, placement.
• Developed creative merchandising solutions, signage and innovative consumer promotions.
• Increased drive isle placement during key selling season from 4 to 16 products.
• Top customer sales increase 40%, with customer sales out the door increasing 28.69%.
• Educational Accounts: completed through catalog review, optimizing product placement. o Attended Educational regional shows gathering market data from educators and retailers. o Developed products geared toward the needs of educational market. Marketing Manager- PAPERSHOW (Jan 2009-Dec 2011)
A high tech digital writing solution using Bluetooth and Annoto technology for interactive and dynamic presentations in schools and in the boardroom.
• Managed marketing and sales new business venture in North American market.
• Collaborated with international marketing team on best practices.
• Drove growth through new market penetration (Amazon, Office Super Stores, High Tech specialty shops)
• Presented to small and large groups (largest over 1,000 people), Television and radio interviews.
• Directed PR agency in the execution of communications campaign.
• Managed all consumer technical support calls.
Product Manager – Young Core and Craft & Hobby (Nov 2005-Feb 2009)
• Lead cross functioning team to develop award winning children’s product range.
• Sales results exceeded corporate expectations by 25% in year 1.
• Built strategic alliance with licensing partners.
• Negotiated with vendors both locally and abroad to find cost effective solutions for the company.
• Developed and presented quality product presentations to top customers.
• Trained sales force and customer service on features and benefits of all ranges.
• Presented NPD to international marketing team and annual sales meeting events. CREATIVE SWEETS, INC. (May 2003-January 2005) Amherst, MA An e-commerce site specialized in hard to find confections Owner/Proprietor
• Managed and maintained all aspects of the business.
• Business maintained a 50% annual growth with 95% profit margins.
• Negotiated terms and pricing with top US confectionery companies, and shipping suppliers.
• Created e-commerce platform using the latest technologies. RAGOLD’S INC. (November 1998-March 2003) Chicago, IL A Germany confectionery company known for introducing the first sugar free mint in US Market. Brand & Private Label Manager
• Developed and managed marketing and sales budget to meet corporate objectives.
• Established strong relationship with customers and worked one on one to develop private label program.
• Worked closely with two licensing agencies on licensed confectionery range development.
• Created and executed marketing communication, and event marketing to increase brand awareness.
• Developed innovative merchandising to win consumers at “first moment of truth”.
• Negotiated with overseas vendor saving company $80k annually. Skills
• Proficient with: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Business Objects, Diver, and Planogram software.
• Familiar with: JD Edwards, Photoshop, SAP and Google Analytics; SEM Rush.
• Hands on Experience: SQL, Rapidminer, Tableau; SPSS Languages: Level 5 proficiency Italian, Level 3 proficiency French and Spanish Activities
American Marketing Association (AMA)
EORC Running Club Member, Volunteer assistant race director
Software Development Manager
Atlanta, GA - development manager, software, development,...
Electrical Engineering Project
Plano, TX - network, delphi, transmission,...
Quality Engineer / Python Developer
Santa Clara, CA - python, quality engineer, automation, storage,...
Bulgaria - formulation, gis, segment, introduction, operators,...
Miami, FL - 3d, autocad, architecture, oil, studio, virtual,...
Fort Lauderdale, FL - finance, markets, plc, sox, reporting, strategic,...
Sr. Technical Support / Jr Engineer / Team Lead
Charlotte, NC - citrix, windows server, vmware, desktop, physical,...