P. 1 of 2
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
● CMA with 10+ years of experience with Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting and Reporting.
● Expert level knowledge of MS Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Visio.
● Advanced knowledge of Business Objects and SAP.
● Intermediate knowledge of PeopleSoft, and MS Dynamics Navision.
● Demonstrated leadership, staff development, coaching and mentoring ability. Assisted with the onboarding of new staff and development of existing staff.
● Recognized for ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders to achieve buy in.
● Recognized for ability to communicate financial and technical matters to non-financial/non-technical staff.
● Identified risks in contracts/agreements that have saved my employers over $300K. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Ernst & Young – Corporate Business Services - Finance – Contact to Cash Specialist Sept 2015 – Present EY is most global of the Big 4 accounting firms. It provides diverse Financial, Legal & Professional Services.
● Supported Project Mercury, an upgrade of the firm’s Financial Systems and a Financial Transformation project.
● Assisted with transition from in house financial system to a web based SAP Platform.
● Provided change management support to affected parties (individuals at all levels of the organization.)
● Assisted with UAT, and created end user instructions, walkthroughs and other documents.
● Conducted training sessions using a variety of mediums, i.e.: in person training, creation of interactive demos, etc. Achievements
● Within 12 months was put on the specialist team for Expense Testing
● Within 3 months was made the Billing Co-PAL (Process Advocate Lead/Specialist.)
● Was able to identify defects that had escaped UAT and propose solutions. Plexxus – Purchasing Department – Business Analyst (Maternity Leave Contract) July 2014 – Feb 2015 Plexxus is a non-profit shared services organization providing support with supply chain management, information technology and business transformation to its member hospitals.
● Reviewed capital spend requests, ensured they met guidelines and guided them through the purchase process.
● Responsible for designing and conducting financial scoring of RFP responses.
● Assisted with sanitizing large data sets (SAP records), Contract Database and assisting stakeholders with cleanup.
● Ensured SAP was up to date by assisting with uploading of new vendor offerings/revisions to existing offerings.
● Created, designed and ran a variety of ad-hoc reports including reports amalgamating multiple, diverse data sets.
● Assisted with process enhancements.
● Liaised with Purchasing Primes to ensure that requests were in align with purchase process. Achievements
● Identified $35K in savings by identifying weaknesses in supporting documentation.
● Recognized for excellent internal/external customer service. G4S Secure Solutions – Finance Department – Sr. Financial Analyst July 2013 – Nov. 2013 G4S Secure is the largest Security Services Company in Canada. The Technology Division is responsible for installing, maintaining and servicing complex commercial and condo security systems.
● Documented and created existing and proposed process flows, test cases and conducted training sessions.
● Prepared monthly entries, financial reports and assisted with analysis packages.
● Ensured that revenue was recognized in accordance with policies and tracked deferred funds.
● Responsible for various other ad-hoc duties and analysis (prepared profitability reports for the President and Sr. Leadership).
● Project Manager for the deployment of Promys, a web based ERP system. Was able to get the Project back on track after a significant 6 month delay.
● Was able to achieve buy in from key stakeholders and demonstrate significant benefits from ERP system.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE CONTINUED
TVO – Finance Department – Sr. Financial Analyst June 2012 – July 2013 TVO is Ontario’s largest public broadcaster. As part of TVO the Independent Learning Centre (ILC) serves as Ontario’s largest distance education high school.
● Primary job duties consisted of collecting and summarizing financial and non-financial data, identifying variances, creating standard reports, ad-hoc reports and other duties.
● Prepared full cycle Multi-Year Plans, Budgets, Quarterly Forecasts and Monthly Reports including uploading into PeopleSoft.
● Analysed RFP submissions to ensure that they met submission criteria and scored financial submissions/sections.
● Ensured revenue was recognized as per accounting policy tracked and recognized deferred earnings and accounted for restricted funds.
● Identified risks in contracts and saved the company over $250K by tightening contract language.
● At TVO tasked with identifying 500 hours of efficiency, identified and realized over 2200 hours.
● Created tools to track, project expenses, prepare forecasts and ensure correct revenue recognition.
● Created templates for financial analysis, what-if scenario planning, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis. G4S Cash Solutions – Finance Department - Financial Analyst Apr 2009 – Jan 2012 G4S is a diversified security company and is the world’s second largest private employer. G4S Cash Solutions employs over 2,500 people in Canada and has revenues of approximately $200M.
● Primary job duties consisted of supporting operational departments, ensuring all journal entries were posted correctly, preparing monthly Flash (Pre-Close) Report, Monthly Management Report package with associated backups, conducting variance analysis and assisting with ad-hoc financial and non-financial reports.
● Recipient of the Extra Mile Award, award was given for providing excellent cross functional support.
● Actively negotiated Master Lease Agreements and Leasing Schedules. Was able to significantly reduce Implicit Lease Rate thereby saving the company money.
● Assisted with implementation of KPI system and standardized definitions for KPIs and other systems.
● Designed and implemented a new budgeting template (Revenues & Costs) for a new LOB with distinct revenue & cost structure.
● Created a benefit case template for use by Salespersons to quantify benefits of services provided.
● Created new process workflows, documented existing workflows and worked with stakeholders on process improvement initiatives.
● Created templates for financial analysis, what-if scenario planning, budgeting, forecasting and variance analysis. ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS
Certified Management Accountant (CMA) Oct 2009
ERM Certification – Enterprise Risk Management Certificate Nov 2011 IFRS Certification – International Financial Reporting Standards May 2011 Scenario Planning Jan 2013
Time Driven Activity Based Costing (TDABC) Feb 2013 University of Western Ontario Bachelors of Administrative and Commercial Studies June 2003
● Majored in Finance & Administration with a Minor in Economics
Professional Experience Accounting
Canada, Toronto, ON - procedures, chartered, fraud, policies, accountant,...
Financial Professional Experience
Canada, Toronto, ON - c.p.a., professional experience, prepared,...
Customer Service Manager
Canada, ON - professional experience, leading, processes,...
Professional Experience Sales
Canada, Toronto, ON - professional experience, warehouse, store, clerk,...
Accounting Professional Experience
Canada, Toronto, ON - ledger, edi, adp, professional experience, c.p.a.,...
Financial Management Professional Experience
Canada, Toronto, ON - financial, jd, due, reporting, edwards,...
Customer Service Professional Experience
Canada, Toronto, ON - daily, loan, credit, institute, bank, professional,...