Troy, MI E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / Cell phone 248-***-****
Highly motivated and experienced business professional, with an extensive and versatile skill set looking for an opportunity to make strong contribution and grow, in a medium to large size company. 15+ years of experience in management, administration and finance at both corporate and subsidiary level including overall functions of US and Korea operations. Knowledge base and skill set developed and expanded through many diverse roles and situations with rapidly changing business environments. Strong history of working with executives as well as all levels of employees, auditors, regional representatives, investment bankers, and risk managers. Key Qualifications include:
Finance, Accounting, business/budget plan, Cost analysis in align with business understanding
Proficiency in English and Korean
Understanding of US and Korean cultures
Outcome focused, excellent time and policy/process management skills
Highly resilient and adaptable to change
Anticipate and meet/exceed needs of team and top management
Decisions based on organizational goals and objectives
Ability to create new infrastructure to meet changing demands
Proficient at recognizing and managing competing priorities WORK EXPERIENCE
Corporate Controller & Treasurer / CFO
LG Chem Power Inc. Troy, MI - Electronic Automotive Vehicle Battery Company - 2013 to 2017.2
● Responsible for financial, benefit and corporate administration
● Supervised fifteen employees in the financial, accounting, HR, office management, EH&S and IT areas
● Produce month-end accounting tasks including analysis of profitability performance
● Short/long term business plan and actual costs analysis vs plan
● Manage accounts receivables and payables communicating with clients, vendors and responsible for issuing and signing disbursements.
● Collaborate with external auditors providing assistance with periodic corporate audits
● Oversee all administrative and clerical office functions to include implementing procedures, purchasing supplies and coordinating facilities management
● Provide financial reporting and support to the organization
● Responsible for profitability and cash projections
● Overall Budget and efficiency management with company engineers in the viewpoint of business
- Successfully managed all accounting and financial control of company operations as CFO
- overseeing a budget of $30M with more than 170 employees.
- Reduced company borrowings from $10 million in 2012 when joined LGCPI as CFO to $0 in 2016
- by adjusting business structure and through efficient asset investments.
- Led company operations to go from a chronic operating loss to profit in 2013 and maintain positive profitability through 2016.
- Led building contract negotiations to secure $230K reimbursement and 6 months of free rental from building landlord.
- Implemented actions and procedures to achieve US GAAP compliance and produced financial statements and tax returns working with outside CPA firm.
- Reduced $1.6 million of spending vs plan (budget) through financial analysis, consumption reduction and contracting activities in 2016 and partly utilized cost savings for employee’s’ yearly bonus and incentives to boost employee morale
- Implemented ED&D (engineering, design and development) cost performance reporting to provide key financial and operational metrics in consolidated, actionable format, to core engineers and program managers for each program and core department.
Finance/ Accounting Senior Manager
LG Chem Inc. Seoul, Korea - 2010 to 2012
Planned, directed and coordinated all accounting operational functions. Managed the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data and prepared internal and external financial statement
Assessed the accounting operations and made process improvements. Evaluated accounting and internal control systems and regulatory reporting
Provided analysis and support to finance and operations to ensure proper controls and business management
Maintain current cash flow records and assist in transferring of funds
Monthly/yearly financial statements – with variance analysis
Prepare yearly audit documentation and backup
Multiple bank account reconciliations
Manage accounting for multiple properties
- Planned, directed and coordinated all accounting operational functions covering a budget of $3 billion for a 2011 people organization. Managed the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data and prepared internal and external financial statements.
- Assessed the accounting operations and made process improvements to achieve compliance with global standards. Evaluated accounting and internal control systems and regulatory reporting to achieve successful audit performance and compliance with IPO laws and regulations for potential spin-offs.
- Provided timely analysis and support on a weekly/monthly basis to finance and operations to ensure proper controls and business management.
- Maintained cash flow records and managed fund transfers covering annual cash flow of $2 - 3 billion. LG Global CFO Program
Boston University MI, US - 2009 to 2010
● Selected for CFO grooming fast track by LG Group executives
● Acquired knowledge of Finance and Global Business Environment trend Corporate Business Planning & Financial Analyst
LG Chem Inc. Seoul, Korea - 2000 to 2008
Established consolidation and reporting standards to facilitate better information and management
Integration manager for four cases of acquisition / spin off across all aspects of the business
Manage business profitability including strategy, manufacturing, market solution, business case validation and justification, financial planning and analysis, product development
Managed global risk management and cash management. Established management process standards and procedures, reduced annual expenses and developed cash repatriation strategies
Created cash flow management tools and processes associated with revenue and expense management, working capital and Capex
Recognized as being within the top 5% of all global planning and controller personnel
Developed strategy, policy and procedures on global controller roles and responsibilities
Developed and implemented controls for derivative accounting, working capital, investment and cash management risk
- Established consolidation and reporting standards to facilitate better for 15 divisions and 20 subsidiaries.
- Managed four cases of acquisition / spin off across all aspects of the business involving a total of $5 billion
- M&A (2007 LG Petroleum, 2010 LG Dow Polycarbonates), Split (2008 LG Chem to 2 different entities,
- 2012 Battery division).
- Managed global risk management and cash management. Established management process standards and procedures, reduced annual expenses and developed cash strategies to achieve $400 million savings in 2006 EDUCATION
Yonsei University, Seoul, Korea - Bachelor of Business Administration, 2000 Boston University, MA – MBA certificate of Global CFO program, 2009-10 LG Group Business Management Training Instructor
Troy, MI - mm, cfo, treasury, injection molding, automotive,...
Oakland charter Township, MI - finance, operational, controller, achievements,...
Berkley, MI - controller, leasing, operations, forecasting,...
Rochester, MI - joint, capital, planning, financial, modeling,...
Customer Service Management
United Arab Emirates, Dubai, DU - meetings, managing, suppliers, record, visa,...
Line Cook Maintenance
Detroit, MI - cook, dishwasher, laundry, line cook, housekeeping,...
Information Technology Manual Testing
India, Coimbatore, TN - manual testing, information technology, manual,...