BRUCE E. GOODMAN
***** ******* ****** **** * Upper Marlboro, MD 20772
* email@example.com * (240) ***-****
Summary of Qualifications
A self-starting creative individual with demonstrated organizational and planning abilities. Works well individually or as part of a team. A results-oriented, dependable professional with demonstrated knowledge and experience in Civil/Criminal, Immigration, Family, Labor, General Practice Law; and Customer Service. Excels in a fast-paced environment as well as providing outstanding customer service while increasing the overall customer experience. Able to contribute favorably to bottom line goals with the use of analytical skills.
FAMILY LAW Sept 1997 – Present
• Handled legal matters surrounding the family unit.
• Prepared divorce, child custody and support, and annulment litigation papers (as opposed to divorce) to submit to the court.
• Represented families with estate planning by creating wills and trusts.
CIVIL/CRIMINAL LAW Sept 1997 – Present
• Examined cases and determined whether or not the client had a claim.
• Filed complaints and represented clients in court.
• Settled claims such as money damages before trial otherwise represented client in court.
• Represented clients in matters such as personal injury, landlord/tenant disputes, motor vehicle accidents, negligence, and contracts, DUI/DWI, assaults and drug cases.
LABOR LAW Jan 1979 – Present
• Practiced in labor law dealing primarily with the relationships between employers and unions/organized labor.
• Represented individuals in the grievance/arbitration process; before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), Public Employee Relations Board (PERB), and the Merit Systems Protection Board (MSPB).
• Prepared investigation reports and recommendations; post hearing decisions, post hearing briefs; drafted responses to congressional/public inquiries; Issued/responded to information requests;
• Spent a great deal of time researching precedents (NLRB case law, Federal/State case law and statutes) analyzing the case law and statutes, and the application of the case law and statutes to specific situations.
• Negotiated collective bargaining agreements, drafted proposals/counter-proposals and participated in labor-management meetings to resolve issues in a harmonious environment as opposed to an adversarial one and reducing said agreements to writing.
PROFESSIONAL WORK HISTORY
BRUCE E. GOODMAN May 2012 – Present
CONSULTANT Upper Marlboro, MD
Consulting in Family, Civil/Criminal, Immigration, Trusts and Estates and Labor matters. Paralegal and Process Services.
BALTIMORE CITY PUBLIC SCHOOLS Nov 2015 – Apr 2016
MANAGER, EMPLOYEE AND LABOR RELATIONS Baltimore, MD
Handling of grievances, employee disciplinary matters, and due process hearings.
LAW OFFICE OF BRUCE E. GOODMAN Sept 1997 – May 2012
ATTORNEY Upper Marlboro, MD
Practice of Law in Family Law, Civil/Criminal Law, Immigration Law and Labor Law.
ROBERT ADES & ASSOCIATES Jul 1999 – Jul 2000
ATTORNEY Landover, MD
Civil Law matters for and on behalf of the members of several Labor Organizations for which the Firm had a contract to provide legal services.
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA NURSES ASSOCIATION May 1994 – Aug 1997
STAFF ATTORNEY/LABOR SPECIALIST Washington, DC
Servicing of collective bargaining units represented by DCNA, negotiating collective bargaining agreements and the preparation for arbitration violations of the bargaining agreements between DCNA and the several employers in the District of Columbia; the filing of unfair labor practice complaints with the National Labor Relations Board and the Public Employees Relations Board; and the filing of various complaints before other federal, state and local agencies.
NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD Jan 1979 – Apr 1994
LABOR-MANAGEMENT ATTORNEY/EXAMINER Baltimore, MD
Preparation and trial of ULPs; filing of post hearing briefs with the ALJ; and as appropriate, exceptions to the ALJ decision. Preparation and filing of various motions and various legal decisions, orders and memoranda.
Charged with conducting hearings and elections for labor union representation and with investigating and remedying unfair labor practices.
Served as a local union officer in Baltimore, MD with the National Labor Relations Board Union (NLRBU); and served as the National Director of EEO for the NLRBU, consulting with management on various EEO issues.
Research: Internet usage, Westlaw, and Lexis/Nexis
Software Proficiency: Word, WordPerfect, Excel, and various office suite and Internet applications including Internet Explorer and Google Chrome;
Operating Systems: MS-Windows Vista and XP; Windows 7, 8 and 10.
Morgan State University May 1981
Graduated: Bachelor of Arts Degree: Political Science Baltimore, MD
University of Maryland at Baltimore – School of Law May 1989
Graduated: Juris Doctorate Degree Baltimore, MD
Minneapolis, MN - aws, analytics, python, java developer, systems,...
Manager Information Technology
Canada, Toronto, ON - areas, systems, ceridian, including, bookkeeping,...
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills Ability to dev
Battle Creek, MI - creek, full time, full, time, degree, were,...
Philippines, Cebu City, Central Visayas - del, sur, vacancies, zamboanga, experience,...
Information Technology Office Staff
Philippines, Marikina, NCR - montessori, tesda, information technology,...
Bachelor of Science in Management Accounting
Philippines, Tarlac City, Central Luzon - foundation, city, accountancy, corporation,...
Nurse Practitioner Care
Miami, FL - nurse practitioner, practitioner, nurse, wound,...