Gregory Eric Kaplan
I have two decades of creating the most interesting, engaging, timely, and exciting content, in various size environments, as a full-time employee, and as a freelancer/contractor.
Freelance Web Content Creation Jan 2000 – Present
• DESIGN, DEVELOP, & BUILD CONTENT for responsive presentation, implemented through the latest web-based technologies, employing SEO best-practices
• MANAGE VISUAL ASSETS including preproduction editing of images using Adobe Photoshop
• INSTALL, CONFIGURE, DEPLOY, & MANAGE web sites in CMS environments such as Drupal and WordPress, and on standalone web servers
Digital Producer, Bicycling magazine May 2012 – Jan 2016
• DIGITAL PRODUCER: online content management in Drupal and WordPress CMS environments; prepare copy for production, ensuring all display copy and meta-data are accurate; move production-ready content into CMS in source-view/coding mode; edit photos for best display in a responsive environment; prepare videos for embedding in a responsive display viewport; resolve any formatting or other presentation-level irregularities with displayed content; implement controlled vocabulary for taxonomies and content tagging; adherence to brand quality standards; incorporate best practices for mobile and online presentation; customization of non-template content through coding;
• DIGITAL COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST: email marketing and communications for 150,000+ subscriber list; customization of email templates to accommodate editorial content; prototyping and pre-production testing, scheduling of all outbound email communications; A/B testing implementation and results reporting;
• EDITORIAL STAFF TECHNOLOGY SUPPORT: served as go-between for brand editorial and corporate technology support staff; identify and ticket high level technology issues for resolution by centralized technology staff; serve as 1st responder and primary technology support for web site viewers via email
Web Services Manager, Police and Fire Federal Credit Union Oct 2004 – Jan 2012
• DESIGNED AND BUILT user-friendly navigation, search interface, and data collection tools
• MANAGED all outsourced content, including 3rd party web services for outward- and inward facing stakeholders, through JSON, API, SSI and HTML methods
• IMPLEMENTED w3c standards for creating viewport-agnostic content
• RESEARCHED, RECOMMENDED, AND IMPLEMENTED new tools and methods, to improve communication between the credit union and customer-members
• LEAD 2nd tier member end-user support team
MS, Information Systems; MS, Library Science
BA, English; BA History
Quality Control. forklift operator
Mesa, AZ - mail, shipments, action, claim, specifications,...
Web Developer, CMS / LMS Admin, Instructional Designer, Social Media
Oaklyn, NJ - linkedin, graphic, fine, art, content, cms, media,...
Microsoft Office Maintenance
Bronx County, NY - maintenance, set, janitorial, automobile, 2003,...
Mountain View, CA - medical device, device, strategic, regional sales,...
Quality Engineering Continuous Improvement Management
Hanoverton, OH - continuous improvement, manufacturing, operation,...
Owings Mills, MD - strategic, areas, respiratory, strategies,...
Computer Science Information Security
Boston, MA - information security, dynamics, eye, research, cs,...