EDWARD F. HARMON
LENOIR, NORTH CAROLINA 28645
Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing responsibilities utilizing my strengths in leadership, communications, and teambuilding to enhance profitability and market share within the business unit SUMMARY
Extensive background in startup operations and expertise in coating technology, system development, and execution of strategic plan under diverse and pressure situations. 30 years’ experience in many different facets of manufacturing. Core competencies include:
● Leadership ● Forward thinking with new marketing and trend visions
● Team Building ● Innovation of new technology and improvement to systems
● Communication ● Proficient in Lean manufacturing PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
HARMON SERVICES 7/2009-PRESENT
Self-Owned Business specializing in
MOWING, WEEDEATING, EDGING, BLOWING; TREE TRIMMING AND PLANTING; FLOWER BED DESIGN, INSTALLATION, AND MULCHING; POWER WASHING; GUTTER CARE; WINDOW CLEANING; PAINTING
PPG INDUSTRIES INC, PITTSBURGH, PA 9/2011-12-2015 INDUSTRIAL BUILDING PRODUCTS DIVISION
TSSR - TECHNICAL SALES AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Responsible for all color design, troubleshooting in all facets of PPG Kitchen Cabinet, Furniture, and Wood flooring divisions
● Color development for 7 key PPG customers
● Reduction of processes in 4 key accounts saving customer over 2 million dollars within 2015
● Increased customer market share within my accounts by 16% in the last 2 years
AKZONOBEL INC, HIGH POINT, NC 1/2007 - 9/2011
INTERNATIONAL MARKETING MANAGER
Responsible for all functions of Color development and startup of new and existing colors for all manufacturers globally.
● Developed new colors and design trends to increase market share by 32% within the 5 years associated (2007 - 2011)
● Increased GP within our group by 18%
● Responsible for training worldwide in all areas of the finishing process EDWARD F. HARMON
Page 2 of 2
AKZONOBEL INC, BANGKOK, THAILAND 04/2004 – 01/2007 INTERNATIONAL DIVISION
THAILAND COUNTRY MANAGER
Responsible for all functions in coating divisions in Thailand. Including Safety, Manufacturing, Sales, Marketing, Human Resources, and Government regulation and ethic compliance.
● Increased Profit Margin 8.9% (2004-2006)
● Increased sales 25% during the 1st year (2004)
● Decreased operational expenses by 4 million baht (800,000 USD) during (2005 - 2006)
VALSPAR CORP INC, HIGH POINT, NC 05/2001 – 04/2004 WOOD COATINGS DIVISION
Responsible for all functions of color development, Marketing trends, and team training within North America and Southeast Asia
● Established relations with designers, Manufacturers, and Marketing teams, increasing sales by over 1 million USD in (2002-2003)
● Trained and developed communication in Southeast Asia, propelling Valspar to be the preferred supplier
VALSPAR CORP INC, HIGH POINT, NC 01/1991 - 05/2001 WOOD COATINGS DIVISION
Responsible for all aspects of technical service in the wood coating division - Including UV, Acid cure, Nitrocellulose, vacuum coat systems.
Successful in all aspects of service within Western North Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Minnesota
Gardner Webb College
satellite in Hickory, NC - (09/1981 - 05/1984) - Major, Industrial Management REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Cleveland, NC - maintenance, maintenance supervisor, instructor,...
marketing computer service
India, Sivakasi, TN - protein, lab, course, dec, chemist,...
Safety, health environmental compliance Analytical chemistry
Baton Rouge, LA - chemist, environmental, chemistry, water treatment,...
Sr Consultant - Global Ariba, SAP, Navision, OCM & PMO
New Port Richey, FL - pmo, sap, program manager, change, fico, program,...
Forklift Operator Machine /Driver
San Jose, CA - cnc, environment, operator, forklift operator,...
Information Technology Microsoft Office
India, Pathanamthitta, KL - android, technologies, location, sdlc, areas,...
Security Guard Office
Philippines - guard, security guard, seaman, security, ro,...