Reginald Melvin Software Developer
+. REST API design with authentication/authorization, Git revision control. AWS Technical Pro- fessional Certiﬁcate. Versed in Agile/Scrum methodology and Atlassian tools (Jira, Conﬂuence, Fish). Familiar with Docker. Some exposure to C#. Familiar with front end technologies Java- script/AJAX/AngularJS/Grunt/Gulp. Passion for Proof of Concepts, 3rd party integrations, and high quality tested code.
Media Temple, Inc. mediatemple.net - Culver City, CA - 2013 to present
• Used Django Rest Framework with Django-Q message queue to build an asynchronous REST API for provisioning WordPress sites on AWS utilizing EC2 Container Service API.
• Wrote Click-based cli tool for the API.
• Built custom Django Rest Framework authentication module to interface with company’s ex- isting JWT-based authentication.
• Developed and debugged via PyCharm IDE and Docker environment
• Contributed to web app and API design with Perl/Catalyst, Moose, Apache, Memcache, AJAX, AngularJS
• Coded, tested, and deployed software and packages to multiple servers using Puppet
• Wrote WordPress Plugin providing XMLRPC, Single Sign On, and Google Analytics integra- tion.
• Developed web services and created RESTful API endpoints as needed
• Worked within Agile/Scrum workﬂows and Jenkins Continuous Integration
• Wrote unit tests using Perl Test::* Frameworks
• Collaborated deeply with a cross functional team of Engineers, UX, Product, and Operations.
• Performed critical analysis and code reviews of peer code Senior Software Developer
CheetahMail Experian Marketing cheetahmail.com - El Segundo, CA - 2011 to 2013
• Performed Perl/C backend development to augment a high volume, email marketing platform web app.
• Designed and tested backend software enhancements for a digital marketing web app using state-of-the-art Perl best practices and object-oriented design.
• Built Perl XS module based on DNS C code as part of backend refactoring effort.
• Designed RabbitMQ/MongoDB pipeline for routing/storing of email bounce handling records.
• Modiﬁed and debugged core, legacy C code as needed to implement new, backend features.
• Re-architected and ported existing systems to new architectures. Hardware/Software Engineer
Intel - Austin, TX - Folsom, CA - 2004 to 2011
• Object-Oriented Perl design of a Verilog parser module, used by veriﬁcation teams to easily extract design information.
• Wrote complete tool in Perl (wrapped in a Makeﬁle) for building hardware emulation models in an optimal fashion. Developed build scripts & automated the build/release workﬂow using CVS revision control. Integrated the emulation build automation into validation environment to improve RTL quality.
• Designed and supported C++ MPEG2 and scalable video coding (SVC) media decoders
• Designed Perl client-server app for in-house use to improve continuous integration for the growing number of department users. Server dispatched Linux build/regression requests from client and also featured broadcast functionality as well as captured user-level statistics.
• Designed Physical Veriﬁcation ﬂows for commercial, chip design CAD tools using revision- controlled software development/release processes via Perl/C++/Tcl. Hardware Design
Test Solutions Engineer - Lockheed Martin - Orlando, FL - 2004 Digital ASIC Design Intern Qualcomm - San Diego, CA - 2003 ASIC Design Co-op - Texas Instruments - Dallas, TX - 2002 EDUCATION
M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mississippi State University December 2003 B.S. in Electrical Engineering, University of Houston May 2001 GITHUB
Site Grabber API - github.com/rmelvin/sitegrabber
• Implemented front-of-site screenshot utility in C# based on PhantomJS and implemented as an API via .NET Framework.
API Emulator - github.com/rmelvin/drf_mulator
• Implemented an API emulator for the Django Rest Framework. PUBLICATIONS
H. Ogmen, B. G. Breitmeyer, R. Melvin, (2003), "The What and Where in Visual Masking", Vi- sion Research, vol. 43, pp. 1337-1350. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/ S004269890300138X