Objective: Seeking a position in an office environment for a clerical support position, where there is a need for a variety of office management tasks including computer knowledge, coordination, typing, organizational abilities and business intelligence.
December, 2008 Administrative Assistant Certificate
September 2005 Medical Billing Certificate
Bronx Community College
Proficient Microsoft Word and Proficient Data entry (7,000 Keystrokes) Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, MS Outlook, Data Entry (7,000 Keystrokes)
• ICD-9, CPT-10, & Medical Terminology • Claim Entry & Payment Posting
• Medical Insurance • Records Organization & Management
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills • HIPAA Compliance
• Excellent Phone Skills • Online Claim Submission
05/12-12/2013 Department of Mental Health & Hygiene, New York, NY
Record Aide (IT & Solutions)
• Conducted inventory of Incoming confidential records.
• Entered information in health port data base.
• Entered document information into indexing system to create and print coversheets.
• Prepared boxes of documents for digitization.
• Scanned documents using a high Speed scanner.
05/12-08/2013 Community Access New York, N.Y
Front Desk Receptionist (Per Diem)
• Interacted with Tenants, guest and staff in a professional and courteous manner.
• Monitored the safety of Tenants and the building.
• Ensured visitor’s sign in policy is carried out.
• Recorded activities in desk log on a daily basis.
• Conducted House runs.
• Monitored fire Alarm station.
10/11-05/12 Central Harlem Senior Center New York, N.Y
• Maintained record and account of Senior Membership.
• Filed records of daily activities sheets.
• Answered phones regarding schedules and daily activities held for the day.
• Entered membership information in system.
• Created New ID Cards for New Members.
08/00-10/09 DC 1707 Local 389 Homecare Employees Health & Welfare Fund New York, N.Y
• Responsible for the data entry and system adjudication of provider claims.
• Reviewed description of services of claims to determine validity of charges for accuracy.
• Processed and resolved complaints; tracked complaint records.
• Responded to all claim billing inquiries from providers and members either orally or in writing.
• Authorized inpatient/Outpatient pre-certification.
• Coordinated operating programs regarding benefits.
• In charge of processing all Optical/Dental and Vision vouchers.
• Analyst of Hearing and Vision reimbursements.
• Identified and resolved problem issues
• Monthly reports for Vision, Dental, and Hearing Program.
08/89-08/00- DC 1707 District Council 1707 Union Headquarters New York, NY
Dues Collection Clerk
• Input data pertaining to newly organized agencies and members.
• Assigned computer reports to assure payments of dues.
•Maintained accurate and detailed Union members account status.
• Processed incoming dues and outstanding invoices.
• Submitted timely reports to Fiscal Affairs Department.
• Acted as liaison between union and members.
• Prior computer/data entry knowledge as well as light bookkeeping.