CURRICULUM VITAE Behrouz Rasuli, M.Sc.
Lecturer at Radiology Technology Department
Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences
Date of Birth: 1983 Sep 1
City of Birth: Saghez (Kurdistan province)
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org Position: Lecturer at Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences, Radiation Safety Officer Official Address: Radiology Technology Department, Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences, Behbahan, Khuzestan Province, Iran. Tel: +98 (61) 5288 7201-3, Cell: +98-935-***-****, Fax: +98-61-528*-****
CURRICULUM VITAE Behrouz Rasuli, M.Sc.
2009 - 2012 M.Sc. Degree in Medical Physics
School of Medicine,
Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
2004 - 2009 B.Sc. Degree in Solid-State Physics
School of Physics,
Bonab Payamenoor University, Bonab, Iran
2009 Achieving Fifth position in admission exam entering M.Sc. degree program in IRAN i.e. 5th among 1211 participants
2015 Top researcher honor in Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences Awards
2009 The Dean’s Award for Achieving Fifth position in M.Sc. admission exam, Bonab Payamenoor University
2015 Deputy of Education and Research’s top researcher award, Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences
2012 up to now Lecturer at Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences
2013 up to now RSO (Radiation Safety Officer) in Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences
2012 up to 2014 Head of Radiology Technology Department at Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences
2011- 2012 Part Time Instructor in Medical Physics Department, Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences
1. Behrouz Rasuli, Mohammad Ghorbani, Raheleh Tabari Juybari, "Radiation dose measurement for patients undergoing common spine medical x-ray examinations and proposed local diagnostic reference levels". Radiation Measurements. Volume 87, 2016. 2. Behrouz Rasuli, Ali Mahmoud-Pashazadeh, Mohammad Ghorbani, Raheleh Tabari Juybari, Mozafar Naserpour "Patient dose measurement in common medical x-ray examinations in Iran". Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. Volume 17, No 1, 2016. 3. Behrouz Rasuli, Ali Mahmoud-Pashazadeh, Mohamad Javad Tahmasebi Birgani, Mohammad Ghorbani, Mozafar Naserpour, Jafar Fatahi-Asl, "Quality Control of Radiology Conventional Radiology Devices in Selected Hospitals of Khuzestan Province, Iran. Iranian Journal of Medical Physics, Volume 12, No 2, Spring 2015. 4. Behrouz Rasuli, Mohammad Ghorbani, "Qualitative Assessment of English to Persian Translation in the First Online Multilingual Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medical Physics, EMITEL, Related to the International Organization of Medical Physics" Submitted to Educational Developement of Jundishapur, 2015.
CURRICULUM VITAE Behrouz Rasuli, M.Sc.
5. Mohammad Ghorbani, Ali Mirzajani, Behrouz Rasuli, Ali Mahmoud-Pashazadeh "Signal Change Evaluation the Effect of Induced High Myopia on Functional MRI" Submitted to Magnetic Resonance in Medical Sciences, 2016.
6. Rasuli B, Shiran MB, "Effect of Ultrasound Irradiation on Membrane Filtration: A Review" Journal of Biomedical Physics and Engineering. Volume 1, Suppl 1, 2011. 7. Mohamad Barzegar Marvasti, Behrouz Rasuli, et al. "Ultrasound Effect on Clearance of Toxic Substances from Blood Equivalent Liquid through Dialyzer". International Journal of Urology. Volume 21, Suppl 2, 2014.
Effect of Ultrasound Irradiation on Filtration of Membranes Used in Dialyzer. M.S. Thesis, Tehran University of Medical sciences, Supervisor: Dr. MB Shiran, 2012.
Introduction to Physical Principal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI). B.S. Thesis, Bonab Payamenoor University, Supervisor: Dr. K Aghdami, 2009 Research Area
1. Dose assessment of patients, staffs and monitoring of workplaces in radiology, radiotherapy and nuclear medicine departments
2. Modeling of public and environment exposure pathways and dose assessment in diffusion of radionuclides by RESRAD-OFFSITE computer code after a nuclear accident scenario or in normal operation
3. Study of radiological and nuclear accidents, acute and chronic complications and appropriate emergency responses
4. Interested to perform research projects in all sub-fields of Health Physics Active Researches
1. 2014-"Assessment of Patient Dose during Common Diagnostic Radiology Examinations in Imaging Departments of Public Hospitals in Selected Cities of Khuzestan Province", Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences.
2. 2014-"Dosimetry of X-Ray Devices in Controlled Area and Dose Monitoring in Supervise Areas of All Public and Private Imaging Centers Related to Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences", Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences.
3. 2015-"Qualitative Assessment of English to Persian Translation in the First Online Multilingual Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medical Physics, EMITEL, Related to the International Organization of Medical Physics", Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences. 4. 2015. "Assessment of Public and Environment Exposure after a Hypothetical Nuclear Accident Scenario by Loss-of-Coolant Accident (LOCA) for Unit-1 Bushehr Nuclear Power Plant (BNPP) and Diffusion of Radionuclides in Onsite and Offsite Areas by RESRAD- OFFSITE Computer Code", Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences. CURRICULUM VITAE Behrouz Rasuli, M.Sc.
2013 up to now
Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) at Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences
2012 up to now
Lecturer at Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences
Head of Radiology Technology Department at Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences (2012-2014)
Radiotherapy Treatment Planner, Linac and Co-60 QC Examiners in Cancer Institute of Iran (Tehran, summer of 2012)
2011 up to now
Medical Imaging QC Examiner Qualified by Atomic Energy Organization of Organization of Iran (AEOI)
Scientific Cooperator of Parsian Radiation Dosimetry Services Company
(PRDS) for Implementing Individual Dosimetry Service by TLD
2011 to 2012
Instructor in Medical Physics Department, Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences
Specialized Medical Physics Skills:
Area monitoring and personal dosimetry in clinical service and research projects ( 5 years experience)
Quality control of medical imaging devices (radiology, fluoroscopy, mammography, CT- scan, dental devices…) ( 5 years experience)
Linac & Co-60 dosimetry and quality control ( 4 years experience)
Treatment planning, dosimetry and QA & QC in radiotherapy ( 4 years experience)
Effective training and directly trains faculty, staff, technologists and students in medical physics and related fields ( 4.5 years’ experience)
Research in radiation protection and health physics ( 4 years’ experience)
Interested to work as junior medical physicist or health physicist until achieves necessary professional boards and licensure required for position
Professional working proficiency in English language and excellent communication skills
Able to be flexible and organized under different working conditions Favorite Working Positions
Radiation Safety Officer
Diagnostic / Imaging Medical Physicist (QA & QC, Dosimetry, Consulting, Education)
Therapeutic Medical Physicist (Treatment Planning, Dosimetry, QA & QC, Consulting, Education)
Researcher in Medical physics and Health Physics CURRICULUM VITAE Behrouz Rasuli, M.Sc.
Training Courses Taken
Apr 14, 2016 Radiation Detection Instruments for Front Line Officers
(IAEA Nuclear Security Computer Based Training)
This course is addressed to front-line officers, border guards, customs officials and law enforcement officers around the world using handheld radiation detection instruments. The following topics were discussed:
Introduction to Radiation Detection Equipment and Improve understanding about key elements of the use of radiation detection instruments
Main Operations of Radiation Detection Equipment and Improve operating capabilities of radiation detection instruments
Verification of Alarms and Confirmation of Incidents
Radiation Detection Scenarios
Jan 23, 2016 Radiological Crime Scene Management
(IAEA Nuclear Security Disciplines, Online Course) This course is based on IAEA guidance documents and provide an introduction to the basic principles of these nuclear security disciplines to the interested nuclear facility personnel and the public. This course examined the process used to ensure safe, secure, effective and efficient operations at a crime scene where nuclear or other radioactive materials are known to be or are suspected of being present through the following topics:
Framework for Radiological Crime Scene Management (RCSM)
Conduct of Operations
International Cooperation and Assistance
IAEA activities in RCSM
June 22, 2014 An Introduction to Indirect Dosimetry Method and Fetus Does Calculation & Subsequent Biological Effects by FetDose
(Behbahan Faculy of Medical Sciences)
FetDose is a software, which calculates the dose to the fetus from both medical and occupational exposures of the pregnant woman. It calculates the absorbed dose and risk to the fetus from conventional radiographic, ﬂuoroscopic procedures and CT-Scan performed on the pregnant patient. It also calculates the risks of in utero exposure, compares calculated doses with published data in the literature and provides information on the natural spontaneous risks. The program will be a useful tool for the medical and paramedical personnel who are involved with fetal dose (and hence risks) calculations and counselling of pregnant women who may be concerned about in utero exposure of their fetuses.
June 30- Sept 20, 2012 Radiotherapy Treatment Planning, Dosimetry and Quality Control of Linac and Co-60 Devices (80 Days’ Summer School, Cancer Institute of Iran, Tehran, Iran)
Jan 13, 2011 DOSIsoft Workshop on Radiation Therapy Treatment Planning System ISOgray (Evin Hotel, Tehran, Iran)
July 9- 13, 2011 5days’ Workshop on Quality Control of Radiology, Fluoroscopy CURRICULUM VITAE Behrouz Rasuli, M.Sc.
and Dental Radiography Devices (Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, Tehran, Iran)
July 23- 27, 2011 5days’ Workshop on Quality Control of Mammography and CT- Scan Devices (Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, Tehran, Iran)
Dec 10, 2013 A Workshop on Quality Control of Conventional Radiology Devices (Behbahan Faculty of medical Sciences)
Dec 18, 2013 Physical Principals of CT-Scan Imaging (Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences)
May 14-17, 2013 29th Iranian Congress of Radiology (Olympic Hotel, Tehran, Iran)
Aug 28, 2011 Applied Physics in Nuclear Medicine (Nuclear Medicine Association of Iran, Tehran, Iran)
Sept 8, 2011 Molecular Imaging, Comparison between CT angiography and Cardiac Scan (Nuclear Medicine Association of Iran, Tehran, Iran)
Oct 19, 2010 Advanced Workshop on Quality Assurance in Radiotherapy with Emphasis on Preventing Unintended Exposure (hold by IAEA and Cancer Institute of Iran, Tehran, Iran)
Nov 17-19, 2010 12thAnnual Meeting of Pathology & 6th Annual Meeting of Iranian Cancer Association (Razi International Conferences Center, Iran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran) Course Taught
Fall Semester, 2011 – Spring Semester, 2016
Brachytherapy Physics, Diagnostic Radiology Physics, Radiation Protection, Clinical Dosimetry, General Physics, Medical Physics, Radiobiology, Biophysics, Radiation Physics, Dosimetry, Radiation Biology, Mathematics, Radiation Safety, QA & QC in Diagnostic Radiology, Radiology Special English for Radiology Technology & Radiotherapy Technology Undergraduate Students in Kurdistan University of Medical Sciences and Behbahan Faculty of Medical Sciences
“Quality Control of Conventional Radiology Devices”, Continuous Education Center
(EDC), Behbahan Faculty of medical Sciences, Behbahan, Iran. Dec 2013)
“Radiological Accident in Gilan, Iran”, Continuous Education Center (EDC), Behbahan Faculty of medical Sciences, Behbahan, Iran. Jan 2014)
“An Introduction to Indirect Dosimetry Method and Fetus Does Calculation & Subsequent Biological Effects by FetDose Software”, Continuous Education Center (EDC), Behbahan Faculty of medical Sciences, Behbahan, Iran. June 2014) CURRICULUM VITAE Behrouz Rasuli, M.Sc.
Member of Iranian Association Medical Physics (IAMP)
Member of Physics Society of Iran (PSI)
Member of Iranian Radiation Protection Society (IRPS)
Member of American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM) as a Developing Country Educational Associates (DCEA)
(References available upon request)