Henry John B. Salmo, CFBE
**** ****** *** ****** *** 304 Henrico va 23233
Proven leadership/managerial abilities (able to motivate personnel to reach desired objectives); excellent communication/interpersonal skills (able to develop positive relationships with customers and employees); highly skilled at problem identification/problem resolution; results-oriented.
Areas of expertise
*Management supervision *Customer service and relation
*Plan menu, assure quality control, and minimize waste * Deliver service
* Training and development * marketing * office managing * Hire, train and directs staffs
*Bar tending *Micros *Banquet *Restaurant *Purchasing *culinary *Payroll
Director Double Tree by Hilton January 2014-Present
• Developing new techniques in convention service
• Managing over 30+ employee
• Maximizing Customer service
• Menu developing/Promoting/Planning
• Food costing
• Empowering Associates
• Work closely with sales for event planning
• Work very closely with associates with set up planning
• Maximize Convention profit
• Accomplishes Double tree QA inspection with excellent score
Director of Food and Beverage/Executive Chef Hilton Garden Inn December 2011- -Jan 2014
• Meets Food and beverage Budget for the year in 10 months
• Six (6 times) Food and Beverage Top performer in mid-Atlantic region HGI
• Lower Food and beverage cost from 65% to 31% Food and 36% to 19% BWL cost.
• Lead task force Food and Beverage
• Lower payroll from 45% to 31%
• Manage and operates 2 HGI and Marriott courtyard Food and beverage
• Plans and create menus for occasions such as banquet catered
• Accomplishes HGI standard QA inspection “excellent” score
• Maximizes Food and Beverage Profitability
Assistant Restaurant & Lounge Manager January 2010- December 2011
• Accomplishes restaurant human source objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training assigning,scheduling,coaching,counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning,monitoring appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
• Meets restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Plans menus by consulting with chef; estimates food cost from profits; adjusts menus.
• Controls cost by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation while reducing food cost from 48% to 27%.
• Avoids legal challenges by confirming to the regulations of the alcoholic beverage commission.
• Publicizes the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
• Maximizes bar profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of changes.
Purchasing Manager April 2009- January 2010
• Achieves restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards; resolving problems, completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
• Constantly comparing prices within all vendors to gain the best pricing agreement by maintaining the food costs.
• Ensuring that all deliveries are properly rotated by utilizing FIFO slogan (First In, First Out0.
• Keeping track of inventory on a monthly basis.
Banquet Team Leader February 2008- April 2009
• Planning room layouts and the entertaining program, scheduling workshops and demonstrations.
• Co-coordinating staffing requirements and staff briefings.
• Arranging accommodation for exhibitors and/or delegates.
• Handling clients queries on the day and troubleshooting exhibitor and visitors problems on the day;
• Overseeing the dismantling and removal of the event, and clearing the venue efficiently.
Line Chef/ Food Expeditor December 2005-February 2008
• communication to everyone in the kitchen, under the guidance of the executive chef
• Ensuring all the food that leaves the kitchen is to the quality prescribed
• Communicate with dining room personnel
• Make sure all food items are accountable according to the POS check
• Correct handling and covering of food according to hygiene regulations
• Management of food dispense in the room ensuring each guest receives the correct item
• Stock stations and complete all delegated side work
Education and Certifications
• Tips Certified
• Serv safe
• Execu /tech certified
• Micros certified
• Reservation Process front desk
• OnQ R&I Pre Opening for Hilton,HGI
• Sales&Event Management
• Property Administrator
References available upon request