S. John. Abraham
Focused, innovative, and performance-driven professional with strong background in Operations and Maintenance, with expertise in Project Management. Adept at troubleshooting using engineering techniques; and developing and performing robust test methods.
• Working with DTE Energy Services in (Detroit & Pittsburgh) for the past 11 years.
• Mechanical Engineer with over 20 years of experience in Energy and Petrochemical Industries with expertise in the following: Project Management / Operations / Maintenance/ Cost Control Planning & Scheduling / /Trouble shooting / Training / Inspection / Safety.
• Completed MS in Engineering Management from University of Southern California. Completed 4 years BS in Mechanical Engineering, completed 6 sigma Black Belt, working on Continuous Improvement and PSM. WORK EXPERIENCE
Jan 2009 – Till Date DTE Energy Services: Shenango Incorporated- Coke and By-Product Plant, Business Unit Manager (Reliability & Planning)/Technology Engineer-2 Job Responsibilities
• Project Management: Led Plant wide structural improvement with zero safety incidents. Supervised in planning, developing, implementation and tracking of Capital and Major maintenance Projects in the plant. Executed various projects ranging from project cost of $1 to $4 million including Rehabilitation of Saturator, Ammonia Still, Coal Charging Car and plant wide containment project etc.
• Guiding and training managers with Plant Operation and Maintenance to improve the reliability of the plant. This includes heavy machinery in Steel/Battery operations. Also worked on selection and troubleshooting of various pumps and compressors. Involved with Safety and Environment of the plant.
• Steel Industrial Fuel Plant: Led the Project Management, Construction, Commissioning and operation of the plant. ($ 3.5 million project). Team leader in designing with Engineering consulting team
• Planning and coordinating plant shutdowns and turnarounds. Oct 2007 – Dec 2008 DTE Energy Services: Shenango Incorporated-- Coke and By-Product Plant, Plant Manager Job Responsibilities
• Involved in Plant acquisition of Shenango, Proforma was made with Business team with regards to cost from safety, Environment, Operations, Maintenance, Contractor, Labor etc. I was the Company rep at Shenango working with old management for plant assessment. After acquisition, I led in business operating plan, evaluating due diligence report and developing future action plans with the team.
• I managed with developing, implementation and tracking of Integration plan, evaluating the Safety, Operation, Capital and Major maintenance Expenditure.
• Overseen with Safety, Environment and Plant Operation and investigated accidents and near misses. Feb 2005 – Oct 2007 DTE Energy Services: EES Coke Battery LLC, Technology Engineer Job Responsibilities
• Supporting Operation and Maintenance Team.
• Led project management, cost control and the plant’s planning team.
• Completed Coke Moisture Six Sigma Project. Received Black Belt Certification.
• Working/Training with Maintenance Management System to track Project, Cost and Inventory. Mar 04 –Feb 05 Swinerton Inc., Los Angeles, Project Engineer Dec 95 – Feb 02 ENRON OIL & GAS –EOGIL, India, Project Engineer/Senior Maintenance Engineer Was wholly owned company of Enron Corp and in the Energy business of Oil Exploration & Production. Job Responsibilities
• Was involved in the Commissioning of an oil and gas production platform.
• The nature of jobs handled include Maintenance/production Planning- Implementation of maintenance policies, procedures & routines, preparing job lists and including limiting parameters Scheduling and Coordinating with different agencies / manufacturers to resolve equipment problems.
• Maintenance including Preventive, Predictive & Shutdown Maintenance. Diagnosing complex faults, analyzing malfunctions and breakdowns and taking proper corrective actions
• Prepared and conducted Technical & Safety meetings. Prepared standard operating procedures for each equipment. Coordinated and participated in all safety programs.
• The systems handled are Rotating equipment, Diesel Fuel System, Solar Turbine Generator System, Heat Exchangers, Pneumatic System, Emergency Generator System, Platform Safety Equipment System, Living Quarters System, and Platform Cranes System.
• Developed knowledge on cross-functional areas of maintenance disciplines like Electrical / Instrumentation. Was involved in the implementation of Maximo, the Computerized Maintenance Management System. Overseas training / Assignments – Enron at London, Scotland, US, India July 92 - Dec 95 SM DYE CHEM. PETROCHEMICALS LTD,
A $200 million Petrochemical plant designed by Scientific Design Inc. USA & Petron. Its products are Ethylene Oxide, MEG, DEG, TEG, Industrial Oxygen, Argon & Nitrogen Trainee Project Engineer & Operation/Maintenance Engineer Job Responsibilities
• Involved in Commissioning, Post Commissioning of Petrochemical Plant, which involved Main Plant, Boilers, Air Separation Unit, Cooling Tower, Effluent Treatment Plant and Utility plant.
• Involved in Installation with the team and then maintained the oxygen compressor, refrigeration system, air compressor, cryogenic pump, centrifugal pumps
July 1992 BS in Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
National Institute of Technology (NITK), INDIA
Ranks 6th among the Top 10 Engineering Colleges of India (INDIA TODAY, May 13, 2002) Courtesy: http://www.rhodesindia.com/links/useful-02.shtml Dec 2003 MS in Engineering Management, University of Southern California (USC), Dec 2006 Completed Six Sigma Black Belt, MMTC-Michigan Manufacturing Technology, Michigan REFERENCES
• David Smith, Vice President, Steel Group of DTE Energy Services Phone: 734-***-**** (O) firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ron Burnette, Director, Steel Group of DTE Energy Services Phone: 313-***-**** (C) email@example.com
• Frank Jere, GM Technology Department in DTE Energy Services Phone: 313-***-**** (C) firstname.lastname@example.org