JaJwanda S Jones
Cahokia, IL 62206
April 12, 2016
Attention: Human Resource
Dear Sir/ Madam:
I have learned that you are looking for a Lead Teacher, as my career goals and expertise are directly in line with this opportunity. My experience has provided me with excellent knowledge of a classroom environment.
My strong initiative and exceptional skills, combined with my ability to work well under pressure, will enable me to make a substantial contribution to your company. I believe that a challenging environment such as yours will provide an excellent opportunity for me to best utilize my skills while contribution to the company.
Enclosed is my resume for your review. I welcome the opportunity to discuss with you personally how my skill and strengths can best serve your company. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
JaJwanda S. Jones
126 St. Barbara Lane
Cahokia, IL 62206
Objective: To obtain a position with an organization, that would allow me the
opportunity to use my knowledge enhances my professional knowledge, and advance within the company.
Experience: 09/2009-Present Siue Head Start, Teacher, Belleville, IL
• I use games music, artwork, books, computers and other tools to teach different concepts and skills.
• We do a health check before children enter the classroom.
• We use creative curriculum to enhance the children learning.
• I include multicultural lessons to address the needs of all students regardless of their cultural background.
• I conduct two home visits and two parent teacher conferences per year.
• We also use teacher strategies and brigance tools to monitor the children development.
01/2007-9/2009 Lessie Bates Child Development Center, Teacher, East St. Louis, IL
• Prepare developmentally appropriate lesson plans.
• Implement family style dining.
• Maintain the children developments by keeping their portfolios current.
• Perform and schedule parent conferences.
• Assess the children before the school year and at the end of the year to ensure the children has developed their target skills.
04/2005-10/2007 Migrant Head Start, Program Support Coordinator, East St. Louis, IL
• Answering a high volume of calls.
• Filing important document in the file cabinet.
• Enter purchase orders on the computer, record keeping of all the purchases and petty cash.
• Enter Galileo assessment in the computer monitoring the children developments.
• Proficiency in faxing documents, copying documents, and creating new files.
02/2003-04/2005 Little Angels Home Daycare, Childcare Provider, Cahokia, IL
• Set up a developmental environment for the children in my care.
• Provide the children with daily activities.
• Giving the children the attention that they need.
• Prepare food, cleaning, giving bath if needed, etc.
Education: Early Childhood Education AAS Degree Belleville, IL July 2008
Computer Literacy (Certificate)
Food & Sanitation Certificate East St. Louis, IL 2005
Paraprofessional Certified Belleville, IL 2007
Civil Service: Office Assistance Belleville, IL 62221
Reference: Available upon request