JAMES M. ROGERS, SR.
Cordova, Tennessee 38018-6730 Cell: 901-***-****
- operations infrastructure development
- increasing productivity through training and teambuilding
- managing a diverse workforce in a union environment
- making sound financial decisions
- contingency and disaster planning
- reducing costs through technology
- selecting, developing & training management personnel into the next level of their career path
- developing solutions to improve workflow processes, safety and reduce accidents
- providing key support when implementing change
- empowering staff to take on new challenges
-working with upper level management & cross functional staffs to achieve organizational goals
BELHAVEN COLLEGE, Jackson, Mississippi.
Master of Business Administration. Concentration in Leadership.
LEMOYNE-OWEN COLLEGE, Memphis, Tennessee.
Bachelor of Business Administration. General Business major. Minor in Political Science.
CITY OF MEMPHIS, Memphis, Tennessee
Administrator, Memphis Animal Services, February 2012 to December 2015.
Achieved efficiencies in shelter operations by applying lean six sigma techniques,
implementing quality programs, making improvements in training effectiveness, and
ensuring productivity initiatives are met.
Experience highlights include:
* Managed a 39,000 square feet facility to provide service to customers and animals.
* Developed and managed an annual operational budget of $3.5 million.
* Trained, cross trained, and developed skill levels for MAS veterinarians, managers and supervisors to successfully manage the facility and care for over 300 animals daily.
* Trained, cross trained, and developed skill levels of 20 animal control officers, 15 animal care technicians, 6 administrative clerks and a myriad of contractors.
* Managed a rapid growth change environment with thousands of customers and animal advocates.
* Managed news reports and media releases concerning events at facility.
* Provided team building to improve productivity and employee motivation/morale.
* Solved quality and efficiency problems with lean six sigma techniques and methodologies.
* Increased animal adoption rate by 50% and reduced euthanasia rate by 126%.
UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE, Memphis, Tennessee
Senior Manager, Customer Service Operations, April 2003 to February 2012.
Provided leadership, coached and motivated a team of 17 managers and 48 supervisors. Responsible for operational productivity, customer service, fleet and facility maintenance, and safety of 1600+ employees at 17 stations. Oversaw the loading, consolidating, and dispatching of mail from a state-of-the-art facility that delivers over 3 million pieces of mail weekly to approximately 300,000 businesses and residents. Managed a 800,000 square feet facility. Developed an annual operational budget of $500 million and performed variance analysis monthly to ensure goals were met. Developed and implemented daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual operational work-hour budgets to maximize utilization of available personnel and equipment resources.
* Ensured on-going training and development of managers and supervisors.
* Tracked six hundred plus carrier vehicles for scheduled maintenance, security and support.
* Monitored mileage and gasoline purchases using automated database.
* Promoted safety and an accident-free environment. Reduced vehicle and industrial accidents by 19%.
* Reviewed operations, identified and removed operational inefficiencies, restructured teams, and improved overall production and team morale.
* Created and participated in cross-functional teams to achieve corporate objectives in transportation and hiring.
* Provided analytical and logistical support for 17 stations and 6 Finance units.
* Exceeded USPS’ quality and efficiency standards regarding City Carrier Operations, Rural Carrier Operations, and Distribution Operations.
Supervisor, Customer Service Support, January 1993 to April 2003. Directed all phases of finance, budgeting, procurement, material management and human resources for 24 post offices. Developed management reporting tools used to analyze operations and communicate standard operating procedures. Ensured accomplishment of short and long range organizational goals and objectives.
* Negotiated and contracted with vendors of cleaning and maintenance services for each station. Monitored contract compliance and ensured performance standards were followed.
* Managed departmental budget preparation, supplies procurement, contract service evaluations, expense monitoring and analysis, and variance reporting.
* Utilized logistics expertise and inventory management methods to provide appropriate levels of inventory and supplies for station operations.
* Conducted annual performance reviews for direct reports and gave regular performance feedback.
TRAINING & CERTIFICATION
Lean Six Sigma, Purdue University, Green Belt Certified 2014 Microsoft products
Property & Casualty Insurance License WORD
Residential Contractors License EXCEL
Familiarity with OSHA, EEOC, and other regulatory policies PowerPoint