Journalist, content editor and television reporter with 15 years of experience in business news for top-tier television, radio, financial websites and newspapers outlets. Impeccable news judgment, analytical and research skills, with a sharp attention to details even under tight deadlines. A proven ability to quickly translate complex material in a clear and compelling language. Strong Media Contacts. Strong Leadership and interpersonal skills. Team player that works well on multiple production platforms. Spanish Native. English Fluent. US Resident. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
SALA DE INVERSIÓN, Saxo Bank New York, NY 2011-Present Editor for North America
Overseeing reporters and contributors from several Latin American countries generating original articles for the financial website SaladeInversion.com
• Develops and coordinates agenda for editorial content tailored for a Latin American audience focused on regional and international financial markets and economics news.
• Writer and editor of feature articles on news about companies, economy and financial markets including stocks, bonds, currencies, and commodities.
• Responsible for selection of articles and writing of headlines, blurbs and decks including article summaries.
• Edited copy for content, length and grammar, and lay out pages and graphics for the website. Rewrote, translated and edited news stories, charts and graphics for saladeinversion.com.
• Oversees other content including video and social media copy. FREELANCE, New York, NY 2009-2010
Writer, Media Consultant, Presenter
• Translator for The Wall Street Journal Americas.
• Writer, reporter for ‘Saladeinversion.com’, a financial website in Spain and Latin America. Spotting trends, analyzing and guiding investors. Weekly video reports from NASDAQ Market Site.
• Cultural Department Public Relations & Event Coordinator at Instituto Cervantes New York.
• Presenter of the Spain-US Chamber of Commerce Annual Gala Dinner and Award Ceremony for the Business Leader of the Year 2009 and 2010.
• Presenter of the international launching of “ElMundo.es/America” at the Metropolitan Club, New York.
• Moderator and panel presenter at LatinVision Convergence 2009, Digital & Social Media Conference in NY. BLOOMBERG NEWS, New York, NY 2005-2009
Senior TV Correspondent (2006-2009)
Oversaw four reporters, producers and editors generating stories for daily 30-minute financial news TV program
‘Wall Street’ to Spain.
• Anchor for the weekly show ‘Semana’, a weekend review program summarizing the most relevant stories.
• Anchor, director of the monthly show ‘Encuentros con la Fed’, a 50-minute program devoted to analyzing the Federal Reserve monetary policy and repercussions on the capital markets.
• Developed agenda for editorial content tailored for a Spanish audience focused on economics news.
• Correspondent to the IMF, World Bank and G-7 meetings in Washington DC. Duties included preparing live hits from the IMF for Bloomberg: Spain, Europe, and Latin American channels as well as interviews with The European Union, Latin American politicians and finance ministers.
• Interview high-level Latin American and Spanish government officials, chief executive officers, fund managers and stock and bond analysts. Select interviews: Pedro Solbes, former vice-president and economic minister of Spain; Joaquin Almunia, European Commissioner for Economic & Monetary Affairs; José María Aznar, former President of Spain; Alvaro Uribe, former President of Colombia; Jean-Claude Juncker, Prime Minister of Luxembourg & President of the European Council; Rodrigo De Rato, former IMF managing director.
• Editorial Roundtables coordinator with CEO’s of Spanish companies. Anchor, Reporter (2005-2006)
• Live reporting from the NYSE, NASDAQ and NYMEX providing market updates, analysis and live interviews with CEO’s of listed companies in the US markets and fund managers.
• Wrote and edited broadcasts scripts on news about companies, economy and financial markets including stocks, bonds, currencies, and commodities.
EXPANSION TV CORRESPONDENT, New York, NY 1999-2004 Anchor, Editor, Writer, Producer
• Daily TV reports on the US Markets. Researcher, news gatekeeper and commentator of economic data, stock movements in live hits before and during the market session.
• Editing financial internal newsletters for Expansion TV news desk.
• Live reporting and producing from the floor of the NYSE: interviews with analyst and fund managers.
• Producing, editing and recording weekly financial shows on US and Latin-American corporations, including interviews with analysts from the main Wall Street investment firms as well as corporate executives.
• In-House Event planner of financial seminars and executive conferences in New York for major Spanish companies listed at the NYSE.
PATAGON.COM, New York, NY 2001-2002
• Writer for the Internet brokerage services and content provider ‘Patagon.com’. Spotting trends, analyzing industries and guiding investors.
INTERMEDIA CLUB & SPONSORING, Madrid, New York 1997-1999 Reporter, Co-Editor
• Reporter and assistant editor for bimonthly magazine ‘The Club’ published by IC&S on music, film, fashion and the performing arts.
RADIO OESTE, Madrid, Spain 1996-1994
• Anchor and editor for the morning news show. Radio Oeste 100.7 FM
• Anchor, director and producer of the radio show “La Galeria Vertical”, on trends and culture.
• Culture section editor and reporter for the magazine ‘El Universal’. Journalism University in-house publication. Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Complutense University, Superior School of Communications and Journalism, Madrid, Spain Certificate in Qualitative Techniques of Social and Market Research Universidad Nacional de Educacion a Distancia – UNED. Madrid, Spain Certificate in Oratory, Presentations and Communication Zurbaran College. Madrid, Spain.
Certificate in PR & Corporate Communications
Currently studying a degree program. New York University, New York, NY