VERSATILE OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
CUSTOMER-FOCUSED MEET DEADLINES IMPROVE EFFICIENCIES RESULTS - DRIVEN
Highly motivated and skilled Mailroom Clerk with broad experience in customer service. Adept at prioritizing and handling multiple tasks and assignments while adhering to strict deadlines. Reliable and personable with demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of internal and external clients. Lead by example and eagerly take on new responsibilities. Utilize strong problem solving skills to resolve issues, save costs, and improve efficiencies.
Office Services Cost Reductions Packing Shipping Receiving Scheduling
Documentation Labtrac, Hyperdent, Zenocam (Dental Software) Pitney Bowes Ascent and
Send Suite Live Shipping Software Excel, Outlook
ALTAGAS LTD., Calgary, AB 2011 – 2015
Coordinator, Office Services
Prepared, collected, sorted, and distributed mail and outgoing shipments. Utilized various shipping software programs to ship, track, and follow up on shipments. Created and maintained mailroom documentation. Assisted all departments with mailing projects of all sizes / quantities.
• Worked with carriers to resolve mail and shipping issues, minimizing delivery delays.
• Ensured that all critical mailings were completed on daily basis by sending all time-sensitive packages before end of day.
• Minimize supplies expenses by encouraging employees to recycle and reuse older supplies.
• Kept courier costs in check by sending packages least expensive way possible without sacrificing operational requirements and customer satisfaction.
• Increased efficiency by constantly looking for ways to improve current processes, such as emailing tracking numbers to senders, which minimized time spent tracking missing packages and ensured I was tracking correct package.
• Recorded incoming / outgoing courier packages, outgoing cheques, and tracking numbers on daily basis. This eliminated uncertainty regarding which packages came in / went out.
• Labelled supplies with employee names, ensuring employees received their orders accurately and in timely manner.
AURUM CERAMICS, Calgary, AB 2004 – 2011
Milling Machine Operator 2010 – 2011
Accepted jobs from Dental Technicians and calculated them on proper discs using Hyperdent and Zenocam software. Trimmed, tinted, sintered, checked quality and sorted copings and crowns. Informed technicians regarding all ready to be made and finished products by using Labtrac software.
MARC MIRANDA firstname.lastname@example.org PAGE TWO
AURUM CERAMICS (Continued)
• Improved efficiencies by continually looking for ways to improve current processes, such as batching jobs. Placed cases and respective prescriptions with jobs being milled and ensured this process was observed for all steps until end of production, minimizing chance of mixing up jobs and causing delays.
• Ensured time-sensitive products were sent out as soon as possible, by prioritizing work and working overtime as needed.
• Documented jobs that were sent to specific milling machines and furnaces.
• Supported technicians and sister labs by making / taking calls and responding to inquiries.
• Regularly inspected and replaced tools.
• Monitored supply inventory and placed orders.
Scanner 2010 – 2010
Took digital images of models and ensured everything was within specifications (detailed images, good margin, and proper bite).
• Maintained quality through preparation of models for scanning by cleaning dies for drags, blocking out undercuts, and checking for other imperfections.
Model Technician 2004 – 2010
• Picked up cases and impressions from receiving department. Provided molding, duplication, and articulation of models used in fabrication of dental products.
• Rejected products outside of specifications, ensuring accuracy and quality were maintained.
• Scheduled and performed routine equipment maintenance and inventory evaluation.
DENCA CABINETS, Calgary, AB 2003 – 2004
Assembled cabinets for kitchens and bathrooms according to work orders, making adjustments as necessary to produce product within specifications. Trimmed and smoothed parts to fit, using hand tools and sandpaper.
UNITED PARCEL SERVICE, Calgary, AB 2003 – 2005
Stacker and Sorter (Part Time)
Sorted, stacked, and scanned packages and mail by addressee, destination, and type. Checked packages to ensure they were safe for air transport, maintaining compliance with shipping policy. Inspected each piece of mail to ensure indicia were affixed correctly and zip code on the indicia matched address zip code.
EDUCATION / PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Canadian Association of Petroleum Production Accounting Certificate, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Calgary, AB
Power Engineering 5th Class (Theory), Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Calgary, AB
Computer Engineering Technology Diploma (Partial Completion), Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, Calgary, AB