David R. Masters SPHR, SHRM-SCP
Apison, TN 37302
Senior Executive – Director mergers and acquisitions/ Restructuring/ Employment and retention/ Strategic Planning/OFCCP/ Organizational Development/ EEO and Affirmative Action Retention of employees, union avoidance, acquisition integration, regulatory compliance, safety and crisis management for Fortune 250 and mid-sized companies. Senior Human Resource responsibility for company.
A results-oriented problem solver with diverse experience in corporate and operations environments:
• Managed the human resource function of $800 million Company with over 8,000 associates.
• Developed and executed employee retention program that reduced turnover by 40%.
• Developed and implemented self-administration of workers’ compensation at cost savings of $1.4 million annually.
• Reduced serious injuries by 60% through safety management process.
January 2015 to Present
ClearOptionsHR Solutions Chattanooga, Tn
Vice President Senior Consultant
Full comprehensive human resource consulting firm with $300,000 in annual sales.
Responsibilities include the following:
Develop prospects for Human Resource services.
Prepare proposals for consulting projects.
Design and deliver Safety, Training and Human Resources solutions to solve business problems.
Build continuing relationships with clients and potential clients.
Shaw Industries, Inc. Dalton, Georgia
Division Human Resources Director
Global Flooring Manufacturing company with $4.5 Billion in annual sales, 25,000 associates in 100 facilities worldwide.
August 2003 to December 2014
Responsibilities include the following:
Directed human resources functions and policies for two divisions encompassing 10.000 employees and 28 locations.
Provided direction, mentoring for 28 human resources managers and other associates.
Managed human resource activities associated with the closing of nine manufacturing plants.
Developed and implemented a division-wide Diversity program, encompassing 3,300 employees and management teams.
Reduced turnover by 30% over a three year period resulting in $1.5 million in annual cost avoidance.
Developed and implemented a mentor program to develop high potential succession candidates.
Successfully integrated human resource practices in two companies following acquisition.
Maintained positive employee morale in merged companies during integration.
David R. Masters SPHR, SHRM - SCP
August 1987 to August 2003
Thomasville Furniture Industries, Inc. Thomasville, North Carolina
High end furniture manufacturing company with $800 Million in annual sales, over 8,000 associates in 28 facilities.
January 1996 to August 2003
General Manager Personnel and Safety
• Responsible for all Human Resource functions for an $800 million dollar company with 8,000 associates in 28 locations.
• Successfully integrated human resource practices in three companies following acquisition.
• Managed the development and implementation of a legal compliance program that resulted in twelve letters of compliance and one minor conciliation agreement in thirteen OFCCP audits.
• Responded to EEOC charges and state agency complaints with no legal action taken by any agency.
• Managed human resource activities associated with the closing of seven manufacturing plant.
March 1992 to January 1996
Manager Safety and Environmental Compliance
• Responsible for Safety and Environmental compliance activities for 28 manufacturing plants employing 8,000 associates
• Managed the cleanup and closure of two EPA Superfund sites.
• Developed and implemented procedures which allowed the company to self-administer workers’ compensation claims resulting in $1.4 million per year in cost savings.
August 1987 to March 1992
Manager Safety, Health and Security
• Responsible for Safety Compliance, Industrial hygiene and security issues for 28 manufacturing plants and 8,000 associates
• Developed and implemented safety programs which reduced injuries by 60% over a two year period.
• Developed and implemented risk management programs that reduced property insurance costs.
• Bachelor of Arts, Business Administration, (BA), Governors State University
• MS Industrial Relations program coursework, Loyola University of Chicago
• MBA program coursework, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
• Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) (SHRM-SCP)
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certified
• Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) National Member
• Society for Human Resources Management Chattanooga Chapter Member (SHRMCHA) Vice President of Programs
• President’s Award Winner for Armstrong World Industries, Inc.
• Member of the Department of Labor Advisory Board for the State of North Carolina
• Tennessee Rule 31 Listed Mediator