Derryl D. Curry
Houston Tx, 77072
Hard-working and dependable individual offering 16 years of experience. I am seeking a position with your company where I will exhibit my seasoned welder/fitting abilities, building a stronger customer base by providing superior service.
Welder/Fitter – September 2014 - November2015
Modern Welding via M.C.S. Temp Service, Houston, TX
• Use natural gassed torch to cut steel, to lengths needed by blue prints.
• Fit tanks using Flux core wire welding .045 wire.
• Welds tanks and/or vessels using auto sub arc and (twin arc) machines.
• Uses 7024-1E electrodes and flux core wire to weld flanges, man ways and other fillings.
• Responsible for keeping work area clean and company tools in good condition.
• Other duties as assigned.
Ironworker/Welder - May 2010 – Feb 2012
M.S.D. Builders, Pasadena, TX
• Used acetylene gassed torch to cut steel, to lengths needed by blue prints.
• Set columns and beams to specific elevations. Set trusses, bar joist, laid decking and welded everything.
• Help build the new 29 story MD Anderson Cancer Center, the new fire station on Ellington Field, the new Student Center @ Texas A&M.
• I used 7018 rods for uphill, vertical, overhead, and flat structural welds. Used 6010 rods for welding decking.
Welder/Fitter - May 2009 - October 2009
GoodCrane, Houston, TX
• Cut and bore holes in structures, such as bulkheads, decks, walls, and mains, using hand and power tools, prior to pipe installation.
• Cut, treaded, and hammered pipe to specification, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, pipe threaders and benders.
• Cut I Beams and other materials with acetylene torch or plasma cutter as specified by blue prints
• Welded with 1/16 flux core wire and 7010 stick
Lead Welder - February 2006 – February 2009
CaseTech International, Inc., Houston, TX
• Set up equipment and welded parts, using arc, gas shielded and gas welding equipment. Bolted, clamped and tack-welded parts to secure for welding.
• Laid-out, fit and welded fabricated, cast and forged components to assemble structural forms, such as machinery frames, tanks, pressure vessels, furnace shells and building and bridge parts.
• Welded with and kept up maintenance on mig machine. Miller
Houston Community College, Houston, TX
References available on request