HOOMAN BAYAT, PE
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403
Cell Phone: 949-***-****
Results-oriented, hands-on construction and structural design with 12 years of expertise in all facets of the industry. Successful completion of multi-million dollar projects through coordinating trades, developing partnerships and building positive rapport with architects, engineers, building officials, vendors and clients. Versed in contract and change order negotiations, project estimating, impeding design problems, document preparation, building code and regulations, material purchasing, site management through certification of occupancy.
Areas of Expertise lie in:
• Vertical & Lateral Design • Plan Review
• Design of Wood Structures • Construction Planning & Scheduling
• Design of CMU Buildings • Change Order Review & Negotiation
• Design of Concrete Structures • Critical Path Project Management
• Design of Steel Structures • Budget Analysis
• Design of Retaining Wall (Concrete & CMU) • Quality Control Management
• Foundation Design for Hillside Buildings • RFI and Submittal Review
• Providing Details • Estimating & Job Costing
DSN GROUP, INC. / Los Angeles, CA 2004 to 2012
Responsibilities included lateral and vertical design and analysis for wood structures, Concrete Masonry Buildings (CMU), concrete and steel structures. Design of foundation for Hillside buildings, provide necessary details for drafting, attend plan check meetings in the City of Los Angeles, perform engineering observation. Provide take off & cost engineering, inspection of different job sites & evaluation of construction progress on weekly basis, prepare shop drawings, review of RFI’s, review submittals, negotiate change orders, meet with City inspector at the job site.
DAISA CONSTRUCTION CO. 2001 to 2003
Construction manager for a 30 story concrete building. Responsibilities included subcontractor supervision, RFI coordination, change order negotiation, design issue coordination, budget and quality control of building codes and regulations, blueprint review, preparation of construction documents, bidding, negotiations, subcontractor selection, material purchasing and scheduling.
BAYAT NOMAD 1998 to 2001
Analyzed & developed controlling systems for production, Representative of sales in international fairs, Developed a computer system for complete comparison of design & final products.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
• M.S. Civil Engineering, California State University, Fullerton, May 2007
• B.S. Civil Engineering, Azad University, Tehran-Iran, March 2000
• P.E. (Professional Engineer license, C79761)
• E.I.T. (Engineer in Training), April 2008
• General Contractor License (947498)
• Advanced Structural Modeling-RISA Technologies
• Basics of Structural Modeling-RISA Technologies
• Structural Masonry Special Inspector (ICC Certificate)
• Proficient in RISA-3D, ENERCALC
• Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Photoshop
• Programming in Basic and Pascal
• Available on request