DAVID J. BYSTRY
Mentor, OH 44060
To acquire a position in Procurement, requiring an extensive background in purchasing with
demonstrated leadership, cost savings applications, planning and diverse team building skills. With over
twenty-two (22) years in procurement, I look forward to the challenges your company offers.
EXCELLENT MANAGING SKILLS
• Proficient in prioritizing departmental tasks (organizational) to accomplish business
• Excellent ability to interface with suppliers to identify and resolve quality issues.
• Proven ability to research, identify and competitively place sub-contracted
fabrication of parts required for assembly.
• Excellent working relations with suppliers, vendors and multi-level management.
• Maintain precise records of items purchased, for review and audits, by government
agencies or internal departments.
• Timely visits to vendors / suppliers to assure on time delivery of parts. Includes
review internal routings, quality control and prioritizing parts.
• Schedule and prepare for supplier, customer, management meetings.
• Efficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel software.
• Excellent written and oral interpersonal communication skills.
• Skilled in creative negotiation for cost savings on product, while maintaining high
levels of quality.
• Best asset is ability to read and interpret blueprints / drawings, along with technical
• Able to initiate, organize and successfully follow through on needed projects.
• Reliable and adaptable, with the initiative and ability to learn quickly.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize workload.
ASRC AEROSPACE CORPORATION September 2006 - May 2012
Fabrication / Procurement Specialist. Review and interpret drawings provided and select suppliers for
bid inquiry, based on complexity of part, delivery requirement of our customer and cost effectiveness.
Parts procured were supporting contracts for NASA Glenn Research Center’s wind tunnels and various
experimental projects, currently being used on International Space Station. Daily duties include creating
RFQ’s, data entry of purchase orders, review documentation of items received to ensure compliance of
contract/purchase order. In 2009, revised purchasing procedure to obtain ISO certification.
ZIN TECHNOLOGIES, INC. October 2004 – October 2006
Fabrication / Procurement Specialist. Duties exercized were identical to those for ASRC Aerospace
Corporation. These companies worked as Sub-contractors to NASA Glenn Research, providing
Engineering and Administrative services under the GESS I and II contracts. ( GESS: Glenn Engineering
Support Services ) All employees working for Zin Technology were transferred to ASRC Aerospace
when transitioning from GESS I to GESS II.
MARINE MECHANICAL CORPORATION November 1996 – February 2003
Technical Buyer. Diversified purchasing responsibilities to support government contracts, sub-
contracting fabrication of precisioned machine parts for assembly directly into electromechanical nuclear
control rod mechanisms for U.S Navy.
Prepared request for quotes, which included complex drawings, supplier technical requirements and
military specifications. Created purchase orders from requisitions using MRP II database. Associated
products also procured were MRO commodities, custom fixturing, functional gauges and tooling.
Maintained open order reports by prioritizing ship dates, expediting critical deliveries and monitoring
work in progress at all suppliers. Responsible for $1.5 million dollar contracts.
PROPULSION TECHNOLOGIES (TRW)
Senior Buyer. Purchase machined parts, including fixturing, functional gauges and tooling to support
various torpedo government contracts. Strong interdepartment contact with design and quality engineers
to maintain delivery schedules to customer. Procured various types of perishable and durable cutting
tools, from industry standards to made-to-print specials.
TRW M arch 1978 – February 1990
Toolroom Machinist- Grinder. Operated lathes, bridgeports, jig bores, O.D./I.D. grinders and milling
machines to fabricate fixtures and functional gauges used on production floor. Resharpened all necessary
cutting tools. Interpreted blueprints/drawings, then selected best cost effective machining method.
Pennsylvania State University Attended 1971 – 1973Lakeland Community College – Blueprint Drafting
Cleveland State – Technical Writing.
Trigonometry, Geometric Tolerancing – TRW / Argo-Tech