DANA HURT SR.
*** ******* **** ******, *********, NEVADA 89011
Bachelor of Science in Business and Human Resource Management (Apr 2014) – University of Phoenix, Henderson, NV
Graduate with Honors
- Fundamentals of Human Resource Management: Coordinated human resource management involving the acquisition, development, and retention of talent
- Change Management: Identified change as part of the process improvement plan and implemented mechanisms to sustain positive change.
- Total Compensation: Prepared compensation, budgeting, benefits, incentive, and retirement plans.
- Human Resource Risk Management: Developed contingency plans, incorporating comprehensive risk management techniques for the purpose of identifying and mitigating potential liabilities.
- Strategic Human Resource Management and Emerging Issues: Formulated human resource plans and strategies.
North Vista Hospital - Las Vegas, NV
Human Resources Intern 2013–Present
- Utilize the Taleo applicant tracking system in prescreening potential candidates and preparing interview schedules together with the upper management.
- Screen and recruit for environmental services, food service workers, and nursing positions.
- Work with the Review Journal and CareerBuilder to post ads for open positions.
- Greet guests and accommodate applicants in the office, catering to all their inquiries and concerns which involve the proper completion of application forms.
- Conduct new hire processing that include facilitating completion of all testing, verifying licenses and certifications, and ensuring that all pertinent paperwork such as W4, I9, NV Workplace safety forms, and job descriptions are duly accomplished.
- Ensure that employees accomplish all necessary workers compensation forms such as C1, C4, and C3.
- Assist in the completion of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) log.
- Coordinate with the HR supervisor in preparing and administrating the Family and Medicinal Leave Act (FMLA).
- Render assistance in the administration of benefit plans to new and current employees such as qualifying life events.
- Participate in various investigations involving harassment, violence, and workers compensation.
- Extend aid to the director in gathering necessary documentation for (Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) EEOC claims and in developing new job descriptions.
- Enter employee vaccination records into the Nevada State Data Base named Web IZ
Colasanti Specialty Service Inc. - Las Vegas, NV
Operating Engineer (Local 12 Union) 2007–2008
Anderson Drilling - Las Vegas, NV
Assistant Drill Rig Operator (Local 12 Union) 2006–2007
Magco Drilling - Azusa, CA
Drill Rig Oiler (Local 12 Union) 2005–2006
Pattern Construction - Las Vegas, NV
Truck Driver 2005
American Stone - Las Vegas, NV
Truck Driver 2004–2005
Blackwell North America - Sicklerville, NJ
Hander Packer 2002–2003
United States Army
Received the Commendation Medal for meritorious service 1989–1992
- Honorable Discharge
Operator Engineer Journeyman License – Lift-Truck Operation Certification Class 7 – Commercial Driving License
Society for Human Resource Management Local 12 Operator Engineer Union