Shelia M. Horton
High-energy, results-oriented professional with over nine years of supervisory, sales, and customer service
experience. Proven ability to motivate employees to achieve optimum performance levels. Fast-track promoted
at based on leadership qualities, strategic thinking, and astute relationship management skills. Designed and
implemented employee development program that reduced customer complaints.
● Goal oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks
● Proven track record in customer service like managing front desk operations, processing sales order and
communicating reliable information to customers
● Ability to resolve complex departmental problems
● Proficient in basic operating systems like Microsoft Word Press, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Vista,
Windows XP and the Internet
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Respected builder and leader of customer-focused teams
● Instill a shared, enthusiastic commitment to customer service as a key driver of company goal attainment.
● Lead by example and ensure the execution of all safety, security, quality and store operations policies.
Dress Code Boutique, Atlanta, Georgia 9/2012-2/2014
Retail/ Sales Professional
● Handled all merchandising, inventory control, ordering, cash control, and maintenance
● Oversaw store opening and closing procedures.
● Direct sales floor activities, assist customers and address customer concerns.
● Inputted data to prepare daily sales reports and regularly use weekly and monthly data to develop sales
and promotional strategies.
Amazon Incorporated, Chattanooga, Tennessee 12/2011-1/2012
● Conducted regular inspection of machine and equipment in production to ensure maximizing time and
● Monitored performance of employees and inspects quality control programs being done by employees.
● Performed testing for quality application deployed in production in order to qualify if the application id
● Implemented methods of quality control strategies in order to improve quality of efficiency in production.
Evaluated customer issues regarding quality of products sold.
Direct TV, Chattanooga, Tennessee 5/2008-9/2012
Customer Service Representative
● Responsible for taking in-bound calls from our customers who have questions or concerns about billing
● Able to determine the wants, interests, and needs of each customer to identify the best solution in the
interest of providing an outstanding and personalized customer experience.
Shelia M. Horton
2968 Kensington Way Rex, Georgia 30273 423-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
American Mortgage Group Incorporated, Chattanooga, Tennesse 9/2000-2/2009
● Managed large traditional branch
● Contacted customers and business to promote goodwill and generate new business.
● Trained and managed 20+ employees including tellers, personal bankers, safe deposit clerks, receptionist,
ATM balancers and teller supervisors and achieved significant improvements in their productivity.
● Trained personal bankers on company policies and procedures.
● Examined, evaluated and processed consumer and business loan applications.
● Referred appropriate customers to investment and mortgage loan departments.
● Supervised branch staff, scheduled work hours, resolved conflicts, and determined salaries.
● Talked to customers to resolve account problems.
● Interviewed and hired workers.
C&E Building Contractors, Chattanooga, Tennessee 2/2000-1/2008
● Handled in-store customer complaints; encouraged a friendly customer-service environment.
● Supervised the interviewing, hiring, firing and training of cashiers, bookkeepers and service desk personnel.
● Coordinated the shift scheduling of full-time and part-time personnel; processed time cards.
● Interfaced with vendors to ensure all product inventory was ordered, delivered and appropriately price
● Managed all aspects of billing, A/R and A/P general ledger postings, and payroll processing.
● Optimized the bookkeeping efficiency of numerous locations over a three-year period.
● Trained personnel on bookkeeping principles, debits, credits, sales books, taxes and closings.
● Ensured store security measures were enforced.
● Assumed full responsibility for opening and closing locations.
Chattanooga State University, Chattanooga, Georgia 1972-1974
Business Office Administration
Career Academy, Atlanta, Georgia 1970-1971
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST