OYUGI JOSEPH OCHIENG C:\Documents and Settings\Faith\My Documents\My Pictures\james malual\james malual 006.jpg
DATE OF BIRTH : 26th October, 1978
ID NO. : 20872195
PASSPORT NO. : A2010712
NATIONALITY : Kenyan
MARITAL STATUS : Married
RELIGION : Christian
LANGUAGE : English, Kiswahili and Lou (fluently spoken& written))
B. CAREER OBJECTIVES
* To be a professional driver/ mechanic to enhance and ensure maximum protection of life, properties and equipments in any organization in Kenya or abroad as well as upgrade my knowledge.
* To develop and apply dynamic skills and experience I have gained in motor vehicle Driving and management in order to participate effectively and efficiently in a given organization.
C. PROFESSIONAL PROFILE
* Wholehearted and dedicated professional Driver with far-reaching experience in the field.
* Can demonstrate a strong ability to manage and able to meet deadlines.
* An effective team player and leader who is able to work under pressure and minimum supervision.
* Committed to team approach and work to achieve this in reality.
* Capable of facing challenges which are inevitable in every organization practice.
* Self driven and result oriented with good interpersonal and communications skills.
D. PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
June- August 2013 : Kahawa Barracks – Kenya Army School of Transport
Driver Instructor/ Examiners course (Certificate)
Jan. - April 2013 : Kahawa Barracks - Kenya Army School of Transport
Driver Grade I and Mechanic Grade III Course
(Advance driving course class I) (Certificate)
Feb – March 2012 : Laikipia Air Base –KAF – SLC/JLC School
Junior Leadership and Management Course (Certificate)
(Certificate of good show- merit as the 2nd best student all round)
May 2010 : Kenya Red Cross – Nanyuki
Occupational First Aid Course
July- Sept. 2010 : Glory Media &Computer School
Certificate of qualification in Computer applications
Feb 2002 – Nov. 2003 : Laikipia Air Base – KAF- Fire and Rescue Operators Training School
Certificate of qualification as a Firefighter Class I / Crash and Rescue
Operator (CRO) Grade I.
June – October 2001 : Kenya Defense Forces Training School (RTS)
Military Basic Training Course
Sep. 2000 – April 2001 : Nairobi Holding Unit:- Nys Driving School
Driving Certificate /License and Certificate in Community based First Aid
Training at Intermediate Level
Aug. 1997 – Jan 1998 : Kenya National Youth Service College- Gilgil
Basic Training covering; Family Life Education, First Aid, Disaster
Management, Firefighting and Drills
E. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
1992-1994 : Pe-Hill High School
1995 – 1996 : Obera Mixed Secondary School
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E)
1984 – 1991 : Midoti Primary School
Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (K.C.P.E)
F. WORK EXPERIENCE
June – Dec 2012 : Wajir (F.O.B) Forward Operation Base
Attached under Amisom as a driver. Duties include:
* Driver to the officer in charge operation base
* Assisted, achieved and coordinated the VIP escort, convoy escort and patrols.
Sep. 09- April 011 : Laikipia Air Base
Driver to the Commanding Officer Tactical Fighter Wing-LAB
Aug.08- Sep.09 : Laikipia Air Base
-Motor Transport Squadron- Collecting and Delivering stores from Nairobi
to Nanyuki. Transporting personnel to other military duties assigned.
April – Sep. 2004 : Mombasa (F.O.B) Forward Operation Base
-Attached Moi International Airport Fire station as a Driver/Fireman on job training.
Jan – Sep 2003 : Nairobi – Moi Air Base – Fire Station Flight
Operating fire engine pumps and rescue services in Nairobi Area
As a driver/fireman on job training.
G. PROMOTION (POSITION AND WORK)
Up to date : KAF- Laikipia Air Base- working under TFW-Fire as a driver/fireman.
Currently in a rank of corporal (Cpl) as a NCO, the second in command
Of the sergeant (SGT) SNCO in charge of the crew.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
* Maintaining and servicing of motor vehicles
* Driving my commanders to places instructed and authorized.
* Make and Mark the parade state of personnel under our squadron
* Report to sergeant (SGT) SNCO in charge crew
* General security duties and safety of the base.
* Collect and Deliver stores, goods and transport personnel to assign destination e.g. Nanyuki – Isiolo.
* Pick and drop crew to and from various destinations as directed.
* Maintain accurate of up to date records on vehicle maintenance, servicing and condition as required.
* Ensure safety of personnel and goods there in; cleanness of the vehicle and its routine checks.
* Detecting and reporting malfunction of the vehicle system.
March 2012 : Corporal (CPL) NCO
Nov. 2003 : Senior Private Class I
Nov. 2002 : Senior Private Class II
April 2002 : Private Class III
Oct. 2001 : Private
H. KEY SKILLS
* Motor vehicle driving and mechanics skills
* Fist aid management and causality handlings kills
* Computer applications skills
* Security and VIP handling skills
* Management and communication skills
* Fire –fighting and rescue skills
Football, Socializing & Swimming
1. James A. Osir
Instructor –KAF –Air Defense Unit
Moi Air Base
P.o Box 41584- 00100 Nairobi
2. Steve Amiyo sambeno
Senior Instructor – KAF – Fire Training School
Laikipia Air Base
P.o.Box 342-10400 Nanyuki
3. Philip Lemeede
Senior Instructor – Kenya Army School of Transport
P.o Box 487**-***** Nairobi