Richard Dean Oruche – Olympian
Downers Grove, IL 60516
A former 2012 Olympian with exceptional leadership skills seeking a Business Analyst position that will
utilize my talents and strengths.
• 2+ years in Project Management/Business Analyst and strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Strong Customer Service focus, and excellent communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows and Office Suite - Project, Word, Excel, Power-Point, Vizio, SQL,
Oracle, Access; Internet/Extranet. B2B e-commerce solutions. Inventory Management Business
• Auditing principals, Public Speaking, logistics, Business needs Analyst and Problem Solving.
• High level of interpersonal and communication skills and knowledge of data structures.
• Slightly fluent in Portuguese, and Spanish.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business
University of Illinois-Springfield
Springfield, Illinois Graduation: May 2010
• Major: Business Administration
• Minor: Management Information Systems
• GPA: 3.0/4.0
Project Lead Manager
Chicago, Illinois Feb. 2013 - Present
• Assembled teams to effectively complete assigned task in a timely manner.
• Managed a team of more than 10 individuals to complete client’s required daily targets.
• Gathered required functionalities from Business Users to effectively consult with design teams.
• Strategically integrated client systems for more efficient production.
• Developed and documented project work papers (BCD, BRD, UCD, UML Diagrams, and FDD)
with procedures and results.
• Managed client relationships.
• Bookkeeping for medical professional office - Accounts payable
Nigeria Basketball Federation
Professional Basketball Player
London, England June 2012– Sept. 2012
• Member of the 2012 London Olympics (Nigeria Men’s Basketball)
• Led Nigeria to first Olympic basketball appearance in country’s history.
• Competed against current NBA all-stars, such as Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Deron Williams,
Kevin Durant and Tony Parker.
Associacao Academica de Coimbra
Professional Basketball Player/ Assistant Team Management
Coimbra, Portugal Sept. 2011 – May 2012
• Coordinated team meetings.
• Discover new/creative ways to implement different systems within the team.
• Worked directly with Media Relations to coordinate appropriate scheduling for player availability.
• Managed strategic, repeatable offerings which addressed the business needs of the organization.
Casino Figueira Ginasio
Professional Basketball Player
Figueira de Foz, Portugal Sept 2010 – May 2011
• Motivated and helped individuals discover full potential talents
• Led team to first playoff appearance in team’s history.
American Resources Corporation
Intern – Sales Associate/ Marketing Rep
Chicago, Illinois May 2009 – Aug 2009
• Acquired information to process client’s Credit Reports.
• Reviewed and entered information for efficient file maintenance.
• Prepared business meeting with potential and current clients.
• Responded to inquiries by phone and email
• Actively participated in business meetings
• Developed new and creative ways to enhance the company’s Brand name.
AWARDS / ACTIVITIES:
• 2012 Olympian – London Olympics (Nigeria Basketball Team)
• Northern Illinois University Men’s Basketball Team (2005-2008)
• University of Illinois-Springfield Men’s Basketball Team (2008-
• First UIS athlete to participate in Olympic Games.
• All-GLVC first team.
Thanksgiving Food Drive
Springfield, Illinois Nov. 2008, Nov. 2009
• Helped in assisting less fortunate families with food for thanksgiving
Elementary School Coaching
Springfield, Illinois May 2009
• Designed and constructed plays
• Developed individual and team strengths
Boys & Girls Club
Springfield, Illinois May 2008, May 2009
• Helped the youth with after school activities (homework and sports).
• Assisted in reading books to the children.