Dear Hiring Manager,
With this letter and enclosed resume, I would like to express my strong interest in working with you. Provided the opportunity and consideration, I am confident that l can be an essential asset to your Human Resources Team with my work ethic and passion in the field of HR. I am submitting for your consideration a copy of my resume and cover letter for the requested position. My experience as a Human Resources Professional would afford me the necessary skills and training to successfully fulfill this position. Please allow me to highlight some of my career achievements:
• In my role as a Recruiter at Indigo, Sky Café & MBI, I’ve successfully fulfilled high volume recruitment working with 30+ positions at a time.
• As an HR Coordinator in Sky Café, solely managed HR operations at the company’s new Toronto operations reporting to the General Manager Operations
• Hired and on boarded over 100+ employees for the company’s new start up at Toronto as well as managed employee relations, health and safety & payroll functions.
• Experienced in conducting video and in person interviews using behavioral interviewing techniques from entry level to managerial positions.
• As an HR Business Partner at Tech Mahindra, achieved over 95% retention consistently by ensuring regular interventions with employees with the goal of employee satisfaction and business productivity.
• Shared employee pulse periodically and as per urgency of the situation with the operations managers to ensure immediate resolution to issues. Achieved over 83% employee satisfaction in the last Hewitt engagement survey for my unit.
• HRPA Peel chapter member, currently pursuing the CHRL designation. I am confident that my communication and leadership skills coupled with my strong employee engagement background and proficiency in problem solving would allow me to make a significant contribution. I am available to meet at the earliest convenience to discuss my qualifications and your objectives and can be contacted via telephone at 647-***-**** or email at email@example.com. Sincerely,
Areas of Expertise
• Human Resources professional with experience in global & Fortune 500 companies such as Tech Mahindra Business Services, Vodafone Australia, Unilever Canada & Indigo Group in the customer service & telecommunications industry
• HR certification courses from Sheridan College in Recruitment & Selection, Training & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Organization Behavior and Labour Relations
• Completed bridging courses in Employment Law, Occupational Health & Safety Act and Industrial Relations
• Currently pursuing the Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) Designation
• Continuously strive to add value to any organization, using my knowledge, skills, fast learning ability and integrity
Talent Acquisition Partner August 2017 – Present
Indigo Park (Parking & Mobility solutions) (www.parkindigo.ca)
• Lead full-cycle recruitment for Indigo and Northern Valet (subsidiary of Indigo)
• Responsible for high volume recruitment of 30+ positions in a fast-paced environment
• Liaise with management to identify personnel needs across all positions
• Coach management on best practices for candidate experience during interviews
• Schedule onboarding and coordinate new hire orientation and training with management
• Continuously find creative ways to source and build a pipeline of candidates
• Source and collaborate with local community groups, government agencies, university and colleges, to participate in job fairs to promote the company
• Use of social media as a hiring tool for quality candidates Recruitment Coordinator May 2017 – July 2017
MBI (Metrobound)servicing BMO, Bell, Govt. of Ontario, etc.
• Prescreen, interview, evaluate and successfully hired over 80 candidates in less than 2 months
• Conduct video interviews with candidates across Unites States & Canada
• Onboarding new candidates and conducting new hire orientations in person and via conference
• Work effectively with the team to ensure timely and quality placements
• Perform various administrative tasks that support the recruitment and HR function including payroll
HR Coordinator April 2016 – March 2017
Sky Café Ltd (Strategic Aviation)servicing Air Transat
• Independently managed the functional areas of HR Operations, Recruitment, Employee Relations, Payroll, Health & Safety for the companies new Toronto base
• Collaborate on engagement strategy with Ops GM and execute employee engagement activities
• Resolving employee queries; coaching supervisors and managers on performance management, discipline matters, layoffs and terminations in accordance to HR practices and legislation.
• Provide guidance and support to the site with respect to safety initiatives, processing any WSIB claims
• Provide payroll information bi-weekly for hourly employees to the payroll team HR Consultant January 2016 – March 2016
Mustang Global Employment Inc, Brampton
MGEI is a staffing agency specializing in placement of qualified candidates on temporary, contract and permanent basis.
• Writing job descriptions & helping clients to find suitable candidate to fill their vacancies.
• Placing job adverts in relevant market journals and publications, job boards and local press.
• Maintaining database of qualified candidates and updating Application Tracking System.
• Coordinating all background inquiries including reference checks, credit & criminal records. Human Resources Assistant October 2015 – November 2015 Unilever Canada (On contract through Manpower)
• Created and published communication boards regularly for employee awareness & engagement
• Provided support to HR team for employee engagement
• Tracked and maintained employee database, provided letter memos
• Managed internal and external client and stakeholder requests Human Resources Business Partner: July 2010 – May 2015 Tech Mahindra Business Services (www.techmbs.in)
(Formerly Hutchison Global Services Pvt. Ltd. - Call center industry)
• Manage on-boarding for new hires from executive to mid management levels
• Successfully resolved any grievances/concerns for all new hires achieving 96% employee retention annually and over 80% new hire satisfaction scores
• Manage employee disciplinary conversations, layoffs/terminations, grievance and other difficult situations in a sensitive, fair and respectful manner, working closely with legal counsel, supervisors and management
• Conduct interventions and surveys quarterly with the aim to identify gaps and improve employee engagement
• Regularly published attrition reports and shared trends based analysis on various people metrics Achievements & Awards
• HR Champ of the Quarter
• Customer Experience Award
• Significant Contribution to the Referral Project - Certificate of Appreciation
• Won Most Consistent Performer
• Travelled to Sydney & Brisbane (Australia) to deliver & implement effective quality management strategies
• Completed 35 hours of Project Management Professional (PMP) workshop.
• Sheridan Certificate on OHSA, Employment Law & Industrial Relations in Ontario Education
• Human Resource Management Certificate Sheridan College
• Post Graduate Diploma in HR Management Narsee Monjee Institute
• Bachelor of Commerce (B.COM) University of Mumbai
• CHRL Candidate HRPA
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Strong knowledge on PeopleSoft (HRIS), Oracle, Ariba, Shift Planning systems & Mitrefinch