Michelle D. Woods
P ROFILE S UMMARY
Dedicated results-oriented and client-focused Private Event Director, offering in-depth experience in leading all stages of innovative, branded and revenue-generating events to exceed client expectations. Proven track record of directing oversight and executing over $800,000 worth of special events including corporate meetings, corporate team-building, non-profit events, social events, launch parties, and private/individual events. A proven leader with documented success in progressively dynamic and challenging positions, with working knowledge of the principles and techniques of effective supervision. Innovative strategic thinker and well-experienced in managing numerous projects with ease, while satisfying the client’s needs and management’s objectives. Dependable professional with proven ability to thrive under pressure, deliver excellence, establish authentic relationships, implement new technology and ideas to ensure cost-effective event spending. Offer an in-depth understanding of the event sales cycle process and remain focused on customer satisfaction throughout all stages. Experienced, “fearless” cold-caller and expert presenter, negotiator and closer. C ORE C OMPETENCIES
• Corporate Event Sales
• Special Event Sales and Execution
• Multiple Location Operations
• Large Scale Program
• Strategic Planning
• Operations Management
• Client Relationship Management
• Strong Networking Skills
• Leadership and Team Building
• Strategic Communication
• Vendor Management
• Hiring and Training
• Client Tracking and Retention
• Budget and Cost management
• National Meetings and Trainings
• Public Speaking
• Problem Resolution
P ROFESSIONAL E XPERIENCE
Events & Catering Sales Manager April 2019 - Present Ramada Plaza- Atlanta ( A Wyndham brand)
Direct and oversight of sales, planning and coordinating of all aspects of private event and meeting functions held within the Plaza. Collaborate and foster relationships with clients and corporations to maintain a catalogue of repeat business while prospecting for new events. Demonstrates to be an assertive leader of the event sales team to meet or exceed the Ramada Plaza’s business objectives.
• Generated a definitive sales and marketing plan to achieve departmental revenue goals.
• Managed sales of all private functions, including meetings with clients to determine needs, meeting those needs and exceeded their expectations through detailed communication.
• Built relationships with new and existing clients via networking events inside and outside the Plaza.
• Provided accurate forecasting of private event sales to properly execute the Plaza’s business plan.
• Ensured all services administered to the clients and guests were consistent with expected level of service.
• Diligently attended all required Food and Beverage Meetings, Employee Partner Meetings and Department Head Meetings scheduled both within and outside the Plaza.
• Formed positive and sound working relationships with the Executive Chef and Service Director to establish profitable and competitive private event menus that meet the clients’ needs.
• Gained experience with TripleSeat, Toast and Social Table Event Platforms. Michelle D. Woods 404-***-**** Page 2
Private Event Director March ’18- March ‘19
City Winery Atlanta - Atlanta GA
Produced memorable, premium-quality functions for intimate gatherings and large crowds. Collaborated with different personalities including clients and vendors as well as working on own initiative. Led event sales teams to achieve revenue gains. Leveraged proven strengths in event management and sales with a strong desire to play an integral part in the operation and success of an organization. Selected Accomplishments:
• Developed partnership and relationship with the client to plan and finalize all event details.
• Provided leadership to all event department managers and coordinators, while ensuring all client's requirements are fully met.
• Executed “Cold Call” campaigns to various markets throughout the year to bring in new business.
• Attended key City Winery events executed by the Operations team and network with clients/guests to develop repeat and future business.
• Managed all leads and inquiries, non-concert/show bookings of all status level within TripleSeat for accurate communications to all other CW Atlanta Departments.
• Liaised and collaborated with Executive Chef and bartenders seasonally to design and execute menus designed for flawless service.
Senior Special Events Manager (1-year contract) Feb 2017 - Mar 2018 Dave and Busters - Alpharetta GA
Directed oversight and executed over $800,000 worth of special events including corporate meetings, corporate team-building, non-profit events, social events, launch parties and private/individual events- all relative to maximizing room spaces, revenue requirements along with customer service laser focus. Defined and promoted the company brand through events and ensuring staff is fully prepared to execute events. Selected Accomplishments:
• Managed event budgets and budget deadlines and directs coordination and preparation for “Banquet Event Orders”.
• Coordination of event details through guest/host communication and negation of event pricing-working closely with each guest to ensure requests are met.
• Oversaw outside vendor participation and negotiation.
• Analyzed event performance, customer satisfaction surveys and metric scorecards for improvement.
• Utilized cross-selling opportunities to drive revenue.
• Detailed weekly and monthly sales reports and recaps; plans of actions and monthly sales targets for events staff to achieve.
• Made public presentations, large networking and public speaking for the D&B brand and events opportunities
• Served as the D&B liaison for Chamber of Commerce events and Convention and Visitor Bureau functions
• Deciphered, anticipated and prioritized rapid information, operations communications, guest requests and time constraints.
Programming Manager Experience:
Director of Operations Nov 2013 - Feb 2017
Atlanta Sport and Social Club - Atlanta GA
Director of Training National Events May 2011 - Oct 2013 JRG Fitness Operations, LLC - Atlanta GA
Michelle D. Woods 404-***-**** Page 3
Director of Programs Jan 2007 - May 2011
The FitWit Foundation Inc. – Atlanta GA
Director of Program Growth Mar 2002 - Dec 2007
Special Olympics of Georgia - Atlanta GA
Director of Pediatric Asthma Programs May 1996 - Jan 2002 American Lung Association — Atlanta GA
E DUCATION AND C ERTIFICATION
University of South Florida - Masters- Kinesiology Georgia Southern University – BA – English, and BS - Health Science National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) - Personal Training Certification International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA) - Group Fitness Certification P UBLICATION
State of Asthma Report – American Lung Association/Division of Public Health 2000 Asthma Surveillance Study