Accomplished, seasoned and well-rounded Chief Operations Officer with solid record of success, revenue, efficiency and growth generation on multi-sector organizations. Comprehensive background and leadership in Sales, Project / Asset Management, Operational Structures, Logistics, I.T. implementations, Treasury, FP & A, Capital & Financial Markets, Complex Investments, International Operations, Corporate Governance, Strategic Planning and Client / Investor Relations. CORE STRENGTHS
● Strategic Planning & Execution ● Financial Modeling & Forecasting ● Corporate & Business Development
● Operations & Logistics ● Sales Strategies & Marketing ● Information Technology
● Risk Management ● Treasury & Portfolio Management ● Training & Technical Support
● FX & Derivatives ● Project Management ● Business Planning & Execution PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
MFX Solutions Inc, Washington, DC 2008 - 2019
Chief Operating Officer.
Broker-Dealer / Hedge Fund catering the Social-Impact Investment community on lending and private equity operations in over 45 countries and $2.2 billion in assets under management. Recruited to launch and lead the sales and operations activities for the products and services of the firm including FX Derivatives, Risk Management, Trade & Portfolio Analysis, Project Management, Training and Education Initiatives, Market Research, Mergers & Acquisitions and development of new markets, products and services. Responsibilities included all the new and existing client relationships, operations and compliance, deal origination and trading, annual budgeting and planning, monthly / quarterly operations and financial reporting, policies & procedures development, vendors & banking relationships, as well as interactions and reporting to the board of directors and Investors.
• Developed, established and manage of client base from 7 institutions in the first year of operations to over 135 last year.
• Built and growth of operations from $20 million a year to over $485 million a year.
• Design and development of proprietary models for pricing, valuation and stress testing of trades and portfolios in exotic currencies.
• Trading of over 3,500 operations supporting and facilitating social and impact investments around the world.
• Project management and technical support in over 30 different sectors including agriculture, pisciculture, manufacturing, clean energy, financial services, telecommunications, affordable housing, supply chains, warehousing and distribution, health services, construction, SME, cultural development, education initiatives among others. Venevision International LLC, Coral Gables, FL 2003 – 2008 Vice President
Multimedia Conglomerate with over 30 years’ experience in the production, distribution and broadcasting of a variety of Spanish entertainment content around the world.
Selected to be the lead of the Treasury & Administration department for the holding company and its subsidiaries as well as the head of Asset Management, Mergers & Acquisitions and Special Projects. Responsibilities included the budgeting and forecasting for each division as well as the consolidated plan for the holding, Risk Management of the international operations, administration of the company’s investment portfolio, review & analysis on new business proposals, Royalties & Copyrights management as well as support on special projects to the ownership of the company.
• Streamlined the budgeting and forecasting process, accelerating preparation from 3 months to 3 weeks for the entire group.
• Improved the international revenue of the group 20% by reducing currency exposures and re-negotiation of distribution deals.
• Improved employee satisfaction and financial planning by standardizing bonuses and commission structures.
• Captured over $500k+ in savings through expert negotiation with vendors, suppliers, insurance and maintenance. JORGE SANTISTEBAN PAGE 2
M.A. Economics & International Finance
Mexico City, Mexico
CERTIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL TRAINING
Financial Modeling and Forecasting
Mexico City, Mexico
Risk Management Strategies
Leadership in Social Impact Investments
Harvard Business School
ASPCA, 2001 – present
ONE.ORG, 2005 – present
Impact Entrepreneur 2009 – present
KIPP.ORG, 2009 – present
Johns Hopkins University School of Advance International Studies, 2011 - present