PHILIP A. SHYATT
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Motivated, team-driven Executive Chef/Director offering over 15 years experience in scratch kitchens. Focused on high standards for taste and quality, while maintaining profitable margins. Superior communication and positive leadership skills, committed to providing the best hands on training for all team members.
Executive Chef Dallas, TX August 2018 - December 2018
• Executive Chef for training base for all on boarding of Chefs and Upper Level Management across the nation.
• Responsibility for team consisting of Executive Sous, two Sous, and approximately 25-30 BOH employees.
• Weekly Inventory, P&L assessments, payroll
• Highest shop revenue in the nation, never let health/shopper score fall below an A; developed and integrated corrective action systems to help all of our stores. HOLSTON HOUSE, NASHVILLE
Executive Chef Nashville, TN June 2017 - July 2018
• One of the few Hyatt “Unbound Collection in the World—flagship within boutique hotels
• Successfully hired, trained, and launched 3 Restaurant Outlets, 2 Meeting Spaces, and IRD within six weeks, from the ground up.
• Well Versed in Birchstreet and Avendra, Hotel Effectiveness Scheduling, Budgeting with Outlined Forecast, Inventory and Allocation within hotel setting.
• Supervised a BOH team of Two Sous Chefs, Two Lead Line, and approximately 30 in total
• Work extremely close to up to 8-10 local farms within TN/KY, controlled buying power to maximize operations GEORGE'S BRASSERIE
Executive Chef Charlotte, NC May 2016-June 2017
• White table cloth, true French restaurant with capacity of 420.
• Successful full-scale menu change less than 2 months after taking over as Executive Chef. Lunch, dinner, happy hour, and brunch had not been changed in 5 years.
• Implemented all new systems (daily/weekly budgets, forecasting, inventory and control, P&L’s);
• Worked very closely with all vendor and farm relationships, dropped food cost by 16% within first quarter
• Ensured a “scratch kitchen” in all aspects.
• Developed all recipes, hired and trained two Sous and Pastry Chef
• Daily Chef meetings, and weekly team meetings to promote energy and work environment to promote within CHATEAU ST. JOHN
Executive Chef Spartanburg, SC November 2015-March 2016
• Developed and implemented a full-scale menu; successfully flipped Restaurant and concept within one month
• Took a “ready cook” kitchen to a scratch menu, “Traditional French Meets New South”
• Trained all BOH and FOH teams White Table Cloth standards
• Highest health standards of conduct since opening of business
• Developed entire inventory systems for both BOH and FOH, worked closely with local Co-op and local schools within the area to teach and encourage future leaders
• All menu and kitchen design, costing, beverage program development, and extensive PR within upstate area
• Fostered a team environment, developed a Chef-driven focus, positive team building exercises and techniques to provide the healthiest environment for all members of team
• Drastically cut food and all operating costs; helped owner to understand and build P&L statements, all budgeting tools, and designed/implemented all codes of conduct, budgets, sales tracking, all operational costs PAN SOUTH LLC
Executive Chef Nashville, TN February 2012-September 2015
• Created new menus for Bound’ry (Modern American, Fine Dining) & South Street (Southern Dive Bar)
• Partnered with local Emu; introduced sustainable game to support local and global awareness
• Pastry Chef, Catering Chef, Sous Chef, & all employee involvement at a high volume, three-story restaurant
• Hired and worked closely with PR firm on daily basis to establish branding and company relations
• Set platform for all three restaurants to make for efficient cost control, buying power, and vendor relationships; Worked closely with local and sustainable domestic farmers BURGER UP
Executive Chef/Consultant Nashville, TN May 2012-June 2013
• Took a year from Pan South to help my brother (and General Manager) to structure and revamp restaurant
• Hired/trained new staff
• Implemented an inventory system for both food & beverage
• Revised and implemented new menu items
• Celebrated local farmers with a “Farm Supper Series” on the last Sunday of every month; nationwide press
• Nomination for James Beard Award
Executive Chef Nashville, TN January 2011-February 2012
• Brought in to consult and change existing menu; awarded Best New Menu of Nashville 2012
• Control of all buying power and carefully handle all vendor relations
• Implemented inventory control procedures
• Catered several local charity events and large parties
• Developed menus for Sister Restaurants
URBAN LIFE MANAGEMENT
Head Chef Orlando, FL August 2009-December 2010
• Conduct an all-day operation and responsible staffing/payroll
• Monitor/write director’s report about progress and new menu adjustments
• Supervise all food/beverage purchasing and vendor relations
• Write and execute daily/nightly features
• Manage food cost and inventory control
• Supervise restaurant cleanliness and audit reports
• Created a new menu, as well as monitored cost control CALHOUN CORNERS RESTAURANT
Lead Line Clemson, SC January 2000-March 2009
• Responsible for inventory control, product use analysis, customer service, and quality control
• Team lead, scheduling, and resolved conflict issues including personnel, food preparation and production
• Introduced to all phases of the development, planning, and opening of a new restaurant in unstable times