Rashmi Nitin Nargundkar (Zankar)
CAREER OBJECTIVE: To achieve Securibility and Growth in the Industry to the best of my abilities & skills to build a successful career in media. EDUCATION: Masters in Journalism and Mass communication from Maeer’s MIT-ISBJ college, Loni Pune. Batch 2014-2016.
PGDBA (Finance) through correspondence from Symbiosis Institute Pune. B. COM: 67.75% (Aggregate) Graduated through Lingaraj College Belgaum of Karnata- ka University.
PUC: 74.75%completedthrough Lingaraj College Belgaum of Karnatak Pre –University Board.
SSLC: 66.88% completed through St Xavier’s High school in Belgaum of Karnatak Sec- ondary Education Board.
Present Job Role: Journalist with Omnimedia Publications India Private Limited since January 2017 till October 2018
Energetica India magazine is their publication which covers renewable energy, green in- frastructure and energy efficiency sector. This is the Indian version of the magazine; the main head office is in Spain. It is published 8 times in a year and has presence both in online and print.
Responsibilities and Activities:
1. Press releases updated on Energetica – India website, articles, upcoming energy events and other related information.
2. Attending press conferences, energy events, exhibitions and conferences in India. 3. Internally co-ordinate with the headquarters in Spain on the editorial side. 4. Prepare interview questionnaire for Industry leaders and co-ordinate to get the responses.
5. Assisting the editor in magazine and editorial planning, completion and distribu- tion.
6. Latest energy news updates on Linkedin for Energetica. 7. Work on the media proposals with the energy event organizers to get them signed on clauses.
8. Speak to the Energy leaders and communication departments from renewable en- ergy industry for articles as well as opinion of these experts on topics chosen for the particular issue.
• Successfully completed 6 issues of Energetica – India magazine on the editorial front.
• Session Moderator on at Renenwable Energy Expo 2018 held in September 2018 on Women in the Renewable Sector and their perspective with technology and in- novation.
• Meticulously co-ordinate with the designer for getting the articles and the layout in appropriate style.
• Attended conferences and exhibitions in Mumbai, Hyderabad and Delhi to add business contacts for the magazine and understand the latest developments in the industry.
• Organized and systematic communication with internal team and external clients for successful collating of data for editions and proof reading.
• Worked on social media platform to increase the magazine presence and reader- ship views by regularly posting latest news online.
• Attended the PV Taiwan International Photovoltaic exhibition in October 2017. From India, we were the only one invited to cover this event held in Taiwan.
• Interviews for magazine in Video format at the 2nd biggest event in renewable in-
dustry at Renewable Energy India Expo 2018.
INTERNSHIP IN PRINT MEDIA
Worked as an intern in Jagran city plus from Dec 2014 to Jan 2015 in Pune. A venture of Dainik Jagran.
Responsibilities and Activities:
1. Field reporting sent to events such as press conferences and the Pune International film festival and covering community news.
2. Coordinating with the chief editor for stories and also editing stories. 3. Interview with respect to the cantonment elections by the supervisor. 4. Other interviews with the people who work for the community such as the traffic police officer and the challenges they faced.
INTERNSHIP IN BROADCAST MEDIA
Worked as an intern for broadcast channel IBN 7 in Mumbai office between Oct and Nov 2015.
Responsibilities and Activities:
1.Developing news sense: Reading the current national newspapers and choosing news stories related to Mumbai city, but which can be reported on a national level. 2.Package Stories: In week 3 and 4 done package stories were done including Anchor lines, PTC’s, visuals, voice overs and bites. The news stories were done on the ones which are good news stories and carry weightage and human emotion 3.On site assignments: Taking bites of NGO and socially active personalities and also helping the production team and camera person to understand the role and responsi- bilities.
4.Active participation in the training sessions on editing, camera, production control room and studio arrangements.
ACTIVITIES IN COLLEGE
Active Participant in college in-house activities and events. 1) Writing Articles for college magazine Chhatrath. 2) Writing press releases at Pune International Literary festival 2015 (sponsored by MIT group)
3) Video Editing – preparing Introduction film of guests and famous personali- ties who spoke at MIT functions and felicitations. 4) Voice overs for guests for introductory films.
5) Radio podcasts of college - part of the production team for sound mixing, as- sisted in script writing and recording.
6) Multi camera handling and bytes of guests at Pune International Literary festival 2016 (sponsored by MIT group) such as Neil Hollander. PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE (NON MEDIA) – 9.10 years of overall experience which includes majority coming from the Finance and the Retail industry such as Hewlett Packard and Tesco HSC.
Worked as a Business Analyst with Genpact India Pvt Ltd for 3.4 years until 15th July
2013, a global leader in business process and technology management, Genpact is the company of choice for clients, partners and employees across the world. I was an active part of the pilot batch to learn several reporting roles for leading pharma- ceutical company in UK “IMS” and a leading provider of information, services and tech- nology for the healthcare industry, covering markets in 100+ countries around the world. Mentoring the team to meet the client expectations and also doing the quality checks to ensure the accuracy of the reports and attending to the urgent queries and adhoc reports. Maintenance of metrics to track the timeliness and accuracy of the task with the help of tables and charts in excel.
Previous Job roles in Genpact : Part of the Market definition team which is heavily involved in preparing pharmaceutical information reports which is done as per leading pharma clients requirements and several Adhoc queries and analysis requested. As a part of Input team – called Location Coding
In this team was majorly involved with the database such as adding of new IMS data source centers and updating the existing locations which is a critical process and accuracy plays an important role. By locations it is meant to be chemists, manufacturers, whole- salers, surgeries and hospitals on a larger scale. The key activities in this role are below: SYSTEMS WORKED ON: - Business Objects, IMS internal tools, Access database on front end, Mainframes,
APPLICATIONS WORKED ON: -MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel and MS Ac- cess on front end.
Completed certification training in PLSQL
ACHIEVEMENTS AT GENPACT:-
1) Been Promoted to the level of Business analyst in the Year 2012 April. 2) Recognized for Spot Awards, Bronze and Silver awards for exemplary perfor- mance in the new team, accuracy and customer satisfaction. 3) Successfully completed the Lean and Green belt Examination on quality front. 4) Active participation in training of the new comers. PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE: Tesco HSC
Working in Tesco HSC as Accounts Executive joined on 12th May 2008 till Dec 2009.
Tesco is the leading Britain’s retailer operating over 3700 stores globally and 13 countries outside UK.
Travelled to Ireland and successfully brought down the role of project costing administra- tor (Property Finance) and earned very good feedback from the counter parts. Currently assigned job role is Retail Finance reporting.
A) Project costing Admninistrator:
Project costing is a part of property finance and one of the modules in Oracle financial system. It tracks all the capital costs of projects. The project spend is compared with the budgets on the system.
B) Retail Finance Reporting: This involves the reporting of the operational expenses of the stores against KPI such as payroll, expenses, waste and shrink. These KPI’s are used as measurement of the store performance in line with the budgets. PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE: Cisco Systems Pvt.Ltd
1) Joined as Financial Analyst from April 17th
2006 in Cisco Systems Pvt.Ltd.till April
2008 (Deputed from Mafoi consultancy) in the Brand Protection Team – India. PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE - Hewlett Packard financial Operations (GEBC) Bangalore from Aug 2003 to April 2006. Part of the Fixed Assets Team. Job Activities:
• Preparation of the reconciliation packets for the company codes handled on a monthly basis and aging analysis.
• Performing the Quality check for the various fixed asset transactions processed.
• Conducting process training for the new joiners for Capitalization of the assets.
• Attended the quality Green belt certification training exam. LANGUAGES KNOWN: English, Hindi, Kannada, Konkani, and Marathi. PERSONAL DETAILS.
DATE OF BIRTH: 27th
MARITAL STATUS: Married