Dear Sir or Madam,
I am currently working as an Operations Manager at the Kartal Distribution since 2010 and have previously worked as the warehouse and production manager in my time there. About 3 years ago, we started on a journey of practising Lean and have been implementing the various principles of Lean daily. I have also previously gained experience working for the Dynamic Distribution as a warehouse manager. Last year, I have just graduated with a diploma in Advanced Business Project Management course through the University of Cape Town. After I matriculated from Bergvliet High School, I have lived and worked in London for at least two years.
As you read through my resume, I am a people’s person and that I understand the need to deliver value to the customer while overseeing the many types of systems. I am looking to broaden my understanding through more work experience and expand my horizons. If I am invited for an interview, I will be in Doha at the start of September 2019 and I would be very happy to discuss my experiences in more detail.
Graeme David Galloway
• Strong verbal
• Team leadership and
• Lean Management
• Process implementation
• Project management
• Problem solving skills
• Dedicated team player
• Logistics management
• Work flow planning and
University of Cape Town
Diploma: Advanced Business
Wilson James BBC London
First Aid, Fire Trained and SIA
Bergvliet High School Cape
Matriculation with Exemption
• Member of Westlake Golf
8 Eveleigh Way, Rondebosch, Cape Town, South Africa PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
Seasoned Operations Manager who excels at streamlining operations to decrease costs and promote organizational efficiency. Resourceful in bringing the background on logistics, stock control and personnel management. Versatile and innovative management professional skilled at seeing the “big picture” while still also focusing on the details. Have solid experience managing all levels of multiple projects including buying and analyzing data.
09/2010 - Current
The Kartal Distribution Cape Town
• Promoted from Production and Warehouse Manager
• Key Function: Logistics Planning - Just In Time
• Managing Full Value Stream Map to Difot KPIs -(Delivery In Full On Time)
• Managing all costs for quoting purposes (Air vs Sea)
• Analyzing stock sell-through
• Raising Purchase Orders & placing stock with suppliers
• Implementing new systems and procedures
• Managing all purchase orders, shipment & delivery dates for all buys
• Logistics local and international spreadsheet management and communication
• Reverse - Logistics ( which involves reverse movement of materials from and to suppliers and customers to the organization )
• Shipping - Liaise freight forwarders on all shipments, that all paperwork is in order and tracking purchase orders all the way
• Managing receipt of Stock into outsource warehouse
• Chain store management – Liaise with planner and buyer on orders and deliveries.
• Overseeing the booking of chain store deliveries on different back end platform.
2007 - 2009
Dynamic Distribution Cape Town
• Liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies
• Keeping stock control systems up to date and making sure inventories are accurate.
• Planning future capacity requirements.
• Motivating, organizing and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded.
• Stocktaking and driving stock to destinations.
2004 - 2006
Wlison James ar BBC Secuirty Operative London
Control Room Operator
• Running and monitoring of LMS Systems.
• Monitoring the fire detection systems of three BBC buildings.
• Broadcasting messages and information for deliveries, fire activations and fire evacuations.
• Egressing and accessing of all BBC staff.
• Dealing with all staff issues regarding emergencies and first aid.
• Monitoring of CCTV cameras for three BBC buildings, training of new security staff.
• Dealing with all BBC staff queries and questions and General reception duties.
• Dealing with all deliveries relating to broadcasting equipment.
• Entering data relating to security issues into the system.
• Signing in' of all the BBC and security staff.
• Issuing of keys and electric i.d's to all the staff in the buildings REFERENCES
• Nicholas Bruins - Dynamic Distribution - 082 298 563 - email@example.com
• John and Francis Montanari -The Kartal Distribution - 021-******* - firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com