Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC
Wytemaweg 80, 3000CA, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Email: email@example.com Phone: +316********
2015.09 – Present PhD candidate Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, the Netherlands. Supervisor: Hein Raat & Amy Van Grieken
2012.09 – 2015.06 Master in Biostatistics School of Public Health, Shandong University, China. Supervisor: Fuzhong Xue
2007.09 – 2012.06 Bachelor in Preventive Medicine School of Public Health, Shandong University, China. EXPERIENCES
2015.09 – Present PhD researcher on childhood overweight and lifestyle behaviors, Department of Public Health, Erasmus MC, the Netherlands.
PhD thesis: “Determinants of childhood overweight and health behaviors related to childhood overweight”
Generated research questions, led the data analysis, wrote and published several scientific research articles; effect evaluation of an intervention study for the prevention of childhood obesity; participated in grant writing and acquisition; worked as a statistical consultant in the research team. Systematic review: “Factors associated with water consumption and strategies to improve water consumption in children”
Protocol registering, searching strategy making, article screening, results reporting, and peer review article writing.
2012.09 – 2015.06 Division of Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Shandong University, China 1. National Natural Science of China Project: “Interactive Network of Risk Factors impacting Occurrence and Prognosis of Metabolic Syndrome and Strategy for Personalized Health Management.”
Did data analysis, and finished a paper as first author, and assisted in finishing an article as coauthor 2. National Natural Science of China Project: “The research on early screening and diagnostic metabolomics biomarker discovery of esophageal cancer” Participated in the study design, project management, sample collection; performed data processing and statistical analyses on high-dimensional metabolomics data of >500 individuals; developed a variable selection method based on the vip scores obtained by the PLS with the permutation and step-back technique
3. Shandong Provincial Natural Science Project “The study of strategy for early prediction of HIV infection prognosis and personalized management based on longitudinal cohort design.” Did data analysis, and finished master dissertation: A competing risk analysis of HIV/AIDS progression and death: the Shandong HIV/AIDS cohort 2013.09 – 2015.11 Research Assistant: Shandong provincial CDC Performed spatial analysis for the mortality of Liver cancer in Shandong province (experiences with ArcGIS and SaTScan)
1. Wang L, van Grieken A, Jansen W, Vlasblom E, L'Hoir M P, Boere-Boonekamp M M, Raat H. Sleep and body mass index in infancy and early childhood (6-36 mo): a longitudinal study. Pediatric Obesity 2019 Jan 18:e12506. PMID: 30659783
2. Wang L, van de Gaar V M, Jansen W, Mieloo C L, van Grieken A, Raat H. Feeding styles, parenting styles and snacking behaviour in children attending primary schools in multiethnic neighbourhoods: a cross-sectional study. BMJ open 2017, 7(7). PMID: 28710213
3. Wang L, van Grieken A, Vlasblom E, L'Hoir M P, Boere-Boonekamp M M, Raat H. The Relationship between socioeconomic status and weight gain during infancy. PLOS ONE 2018; 13(11). PMID: 30388128 4. Wang L, van Grieken A, Vlasblom E, Beltman M, L'Hoir M P, Boere-Boonekamp M M, Raat H. Factors associated with complementary feeding and consumption of non-recommended food types. BMC public Health 2019 19:388. PMID: 30961551
5. Wang L, van Grieken A, Jansen W, Vlasblom E, L'Hoir M P, Boere-Boonekamp M M, Raat H. Clustering of health-related lifestyle behaviors and associations with social economic status in toddlers (1-3 years). Submitted 6. Wang L, van Grieken A, Jansen W, Vlasblom E, Boere-Boonekamp M M, L'Hoir M P, Raat H. Parental bedtime practices in infancy are associated with preschool children’s sleep outcomes. Submitted 7. Wang L. Junwen Yang, Jansen W, van Grieken A, Raat H. Clustering of lifestyle behaviors at age 5 and longitudinal association with adiposity at age 9: the Generation R study. Manuscript in preparation. 8. van Grieken A, Wang L, V M van de Gaar, W Jansen, Raat H. Associations between family and home-related factors and child’s snack consumption in a multi-ethnic population. Journal of Public Health. 2018 Jul 18. PMID: 30020495 9. van Grieken A, Vlasblom E, Wang L, Beltman M, Boere-Boonekamp M M, Monique P L'Hoir, Raat H. Personalized Web-Based Advice in Combination With Well-Child Visits to Prevent Overweight in Young Children: Cluster Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of medical internet research. 2017; 19(7):e268. PMID: 287*****-**. Yang-Huang J, van Grieken A, Wang L, Jaddoe VWV, Jansen W, Raat H. Ethnic background and children's television viewing trajectories: The Generation R Study. PLOS ONE 2018; 13(12). PMID: 305*****-**. Franse C, Wang L, Constant F, Fries L R, Raat H, Factors associated with water consumption among children: a systematic review. submitted
12. Wang L, Tao Zhang, Jia Liu, Yingjun Liu, Xiaoyun Gong, Fuzhong Xue. Clustering the dynamic profile of dynamic Omics data using Fuzzy clustering method. Chinese Journal of Health Statistics. 2015; 32(1):2-5 13. Zhu L, Yuan Z, Wang X, Li J, Wang L, Xue F, Liu Y. The Impact of Ambient Temperature on Childhood HFMD Incidence in Inland and Coastal Area: A Two-City Study in Shandong Province, China. Int. J. Environ.Res. Public Health.2015; 12. PMID: 26213955
14. Liu j, Lin H, Zhang D, Wu S, Wang L, Zhang Y, Xue F, Liu Y, Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease associated with gallstones in females rather than males: a longitudinal cohort study in Chinese urban population. BMC Gastroenterology. 2014 Dec 13, 14(1). PMID: 254*****-**. Wang J, Zhang T, Shen X, Liu J, Zhao D, Wang L, Liu Y, Gong X, Liu Y, Zhu Z-J, Xue F, Serum Metabolomics for Early Diagnosis of Esophageal Squamous Cell Carcinoma by UPLC-QTOF/MS. Metabolomics, 2016;12:116. 16. Liu YJ, Zhang T, Wang L, Liu J, Chang XR, Zhang JX, Xue FZ. Serum metabolic profiling of schizophrenia based on random forest [J] Journal of Shandong University (Health Science). 2015, 53(2): 92-96. Conferences & Presentations
2018.06 17th Annual meeting of International society of behavioral Nutrition and Physical activity, poster presentation. Clustering of health-related lifestyle behaviors and associations with social economic status in toddlers (1-3 years).
2014.06 Annual Meeting of China Association for Biostatistics (CABS), oral presentation: Clustering the dynamic profile of dynamic-Omics data using soft clustering. 2013.06 Annual Meeting of China Association for Biostatistics (CABS): poster presentation, Risk factors of gallstone disease: a large longitudinal cohort study
2018. 06 Best poster award in annual meeting of INRICH 2018. 06 Best student abstract award in children and family research, 17th annual meeting of ISBNPA, Hong Kong
2011. 09 Outstanding student scholarship, Shandong University 2010. 09 Outstanding student scholarship, Shandong University SKILLS
Proficient in R and SAS programing; proficient in SPSS; have some experiences with STATA and ArcGIS Specialized in longitudinal data analysis, survival analysis with competing risk, high-dimensional metabolomics data analysis, statistical simulation, and spatial analysis.