Art Director Photographer UI Designer
I have 10 years of professional experience working for local and international companies. I’m a highly creative and effective user-centered designer with a unique grasp to connect with massive audiences. During my professional career, I've been an integral part in the creative work for companies like Havas, Coca-Cola, General Dynamics, Art Van, Codelco, Sonda, Santander Bank, and more.
- Expert level in Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Experienced product photographer.
- Cross functional (design, IT, marketing and sales).
- UI designer
- Prototyping and storytelling.
- XD, Greensocks GSAP & After Effects experience.
- Email marketing artist.
- Brand development and management.
- Creative user of MS Excel for workflows and task management.
- Bilingual English and Spanish.
In 2004, I completed a Master ́s degree in Graphic Design from the University of the Bío-Bío. Relevant Experience:
Serious Detecting / Detector Experts
Publisher, Photographer & Art Director (Ypsilanti, MI, USA. 2016-2019)
- Achieved the creative direction of the Serious Detecting brand.
- Proposed, designed, implemented and managed the in-house photography studio.
- Started and led the product photography and its creative direction.
- Discovered a new method to capture and display metal detectors, starting a design trend. Today these designs are the most copied in the metal detector’s market.
- Created, organized and edited around 12.000 digital assets for more than 3000 products.
- Designed the email marketing campaigns, its workflow, and all the visual assets. Also I developed an advanced Mailchimp template using HTML, CSS and Mailchimp custom code. I managed to increase the sales exponentially (from $0.01 per opened email, up to
$5) by only developing a professional and coherent experience for the user.
- Administered their Google Merchant account, leading to open their Google Express store.
- Provided Spanish-speaking services to support the sales and customer service departments.
- Duplicated the sales and visits of their website and marketplaces in less than a year. Detroit Machine Tools / Smithy
Web Master, Art Director & Photographer (Ann Arbor, MI, USA. 2013-2015)
- Led the design and maintenance of multiple web projects including their corporate web- site. In a year, we managed to duplicate the sales of their website.
- Created visual assets and final designs based in approved wireframes.
- Developed my own designs from Illustrator into HTML and CSS.
- While working there, I was asked to design assembly manuals and user manuals for a military project with General Dynamics.
- Worked alongside IT contractors and engineers.
- Directed photography, video production and post-production.
- Brought my Spanish-speaking skills to support a business transaction for more than USD
$100,000 in Smithy machines, all to be delivered to high schools administered by the Mexican Government.
Art Director (Warren, MI, USA. 2012-2013)
- Worked with the Advertising department to conceptualize the new look and feel of the brand for the upcoming year.
- Oversaw and aided in the execution of the Spring 2013 Catalog, one of the most important publications of the year.
- Designed and animated two video banners published at the Comerica Park Opening Day.
- Provided the first technical, design and interaction insights that led to modernize their corporate website.
- Created original artwork, patterns, layouts and color schemes for sales campaigns and printed materials such as catalogs, promotions and digital media. ReCellular
Web Designer& Art Director (Ann Arbor, MI, USA. 2012)
- Worked closely with the Marketing and IT departments to design, prototype, build and maintain multiple web projects including their corporate website, online store, client portal, and internal web applications.
- Used Adobe Suite, ActionScript/HTML/CSS and Visual Studio/.NET technologies to comply with design and functionality requirements in both the Marketing and IT depart- ments.
- Significantly improved the SEO implementation throughout with Google Analytics and SEO best practices.
- Designed and animated banners, e-mails, videos, websites, portals and marketing cam- paigns for the company.
- Provided Spanish translations for company materials, including email newsletters, web- sites and sales material.
Senior Graphic Designer & Rich Media Animator (Santiago, Chile. 2009-2011)
- Worked with a team of 3 people for Entel, one of Chile’s most important phone carrier. We provided the interactive graphics and animations, all to be published in the Google Ads network and other popular online newspapers and portals like El Mostrador or Terra Net- works, reaching massive audiences.
- Earned three prizes for the Best Banner of the Month from IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau).
Havas Group / Media Contacts
Senior Art Director & Rich Media Animator (Santiago, Chile. 2007-2009)
- Created and directed interactive projects and animations for the company's clients.
- Administered and checked all outgoing rich media in order to comply with industry stan- dards such as AdWords and IAB.
- Worked with Coca-Cola Atlanta in one of their websites. I designed and animated the Chil- ean website for Burn Energy Drink.
- Received four prizes for the best banner of the Month from IAB.
- Worked in online campaigns for the most important retail stores and corporations in South America, like LATAM Airlines, Paris Department Stores, Falabella Department Stores, Cencosud - Jumbo Hypermarket, Hyundai, Citroen, Coca-Cola, and more. Mitocondria
Graphic Designer & Multimedia Animator (Santiago, Chile. 2005-2007)
- Created and directed interactive projects and animations for the company's clients using Illustrator, Photoshop, Macromedia Flash and Macromedia Director.
- Administered the Email system for the State Bank of Chile. I solved problems and served as the technical support for the top executives.
- Created an internal interactive project for Codelco, the country’s most important company in Chile and the largest copper producer in the world. Our work was sent to their 16.000+ employees and corporate executives.
- Achieved the development of Mitocondria’s website, one of my dearest projects and the first full flash website that I sold.
- Contributed with my technical skills to maintain the internal network and help with minor IT projects.
Name: Victor Mario Reyes-Rojas
Location: Ypsilanti, MI.