SHAH NAWAZ GALIB
Mobile No: +966*********
B.E. (Civil) in 2010
Qatar Exp.: Contractor – 2 years
K.S.A Exp.: Contractor –6 year.
Total – 08 Yrs.
Visa Status: Transferable Visa
India / Saudi Arabia
• Sr. Q.S./Contracts Administrator /
Billing Engr./Estimation Engr./ Planner
Date of Birth: 20h Feb 1986
Sex : Male
Marital Status: Married
Languages: English, Hindi, Urdu,
Passport No: S0689591
Issued at: Bangalore, India
Expiry Date: 06/11/2027
To work in a challenging environment for a professionally managed and growth oriented organization where my potentials and experience as a Civil Engineer can be utilized to their maximum capacity. Strengths :
Approx. 8years’ experience in the field of Civil Engineering.
Positive minded, responsible, result-oriented and have the capacity to quickly learn and implement new methods, systems and procedures.
Can handle multiple tasks effectively and very much flexible with time.
A disciplined & dedicated hard worker with a sincere approach for quality work.
Calm & maintains a positive attitude towards work when under pressure. Landmark Arabia: January 2016 to Present (As Quantity Surveyor) Projects: Rental Stores / Interior Works
Capex finalization, BOQ Specification, Quantities, Vendor Development, Procurement, Tendering, S2P2P program, Blue book
• Preparation of BOQ (Shop fitting, Interior, Architectural) and specifications.
• Preparing cost / benefits analysis of interior as well as shop fitting items
• Responsible for cost reduction initiatives and value engineering.
• Review and Finalization of capex based on concept, territory, lessee- lessor scope matrix.
• Review drawings, seeking clarifications from in-house designers on details and finishes
• New Vendor development.
• Preparation of Contract Conditions.
• Carry out negotiations within timelines
• Manage sourcing of items from (Head Office) and ensure timely arrival at territories in coordination with logistic team.
• Managing the tender process whenever applicable.
• Review variations reports prepared by territory QS team, aid further negotiations / recommendation to control cost and oversee the process of change management.
• Measure and value the work done on site in coordination with contractors through periodic site visits wherever required.
• Monitor costs of the works during each project life cycle and submit periodic cost reports to PM. Ensure that the projects costs and within approved budget.
National engineering & construction company Oct 2010 to June 2012 Worked as a ‘Civil Engineer cum Quantity Surveyor in “Hamid International Airport)” job in hand project. The project cost is 1.5 Million Qatari
Project: Hamid International Airport Phase 2
Main Contractor: Overseas Bechtel Inc
Position: Civil Engineer / Quantity Surveyor
• Understand work scope, quantity and familiar with logical sequences in terms of engineering, manufacturing and construction disciplines.)
• Conduct field scoping to clarify scope as required.
• Coordinate schedule from multiple contractors and incorporate the information gathered into the overall project master schedule. Maintain the vendor records.
SAUDI BINLADEN GROUP (Pbad): May 2013 to Dec 2015
Worked as a ‘Quantity Surveyor cum Contracts Administrator’ in “King Abdullah Financial District (KAFD)” job in hand project. The project cost is 14 Billion for construction of 30 High Rise Res. /Commercial Parcels having a total built up area of 1,977,611.0 m2.
Project: King Abdullah Financial District (HIGH RISE BUILDING) Client : Rayadah Investment Company
PMC :Dar al Riyadh
Main Contractor: SBG - Public Building Airport Division Position: Quantity Surveyor in Project Controls Dept. Job Responsibilities:
• Reviewing valuations for progress payments.
• Reviewing Variation orders and Claims.
• Responsible for the take-off of quantities from the project drawings
• Make site visits to make measurement on site for completed works
• Prepare all the payments for Client & Sub-Contractors.
• Prepare and submit the take-off sheet and get approval from the Client representative in preparation for the monthly billing.
• Monitor actual progress on site and prepare the progress reports.
• Prepare bill of quantities for any change orders on site.
• Prepare and measure the sub-contractor work for contract documents, monthly payments and final accounts.
• Assessing the sub-contract documentation and valuations
• Releasing the payments for the sub-contractor as per contract.
• Coordinates with Consultant/ Representative and sub-contractor.
• Prepare Material on Site Claim monthly to ease in cash flow. Tender projects
Overseas Bechtel Inc - 1.5 Million QAR Project cost
• Develop and update resource (manpower and equipment) histogram weekly or monthly as re Develop and update resource (manpower and equipment) histogram weekly or monthly as required. Rate analysis of extra items.
• SAP interface for process the bill through System.
• Simultaneously handling of Infra Road work & minor projects.
• Preparation of Cost Factor Report weekly and monthly.
• Verifying quantities for executed items of all interior work.
• Tender evaluation and recommendation when appointing the sub-con. Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering.
Proficient in AutoCAD.
Proficient software experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point.
Fluent in English, strong communication and negotiations skills.
Good Knowledge of the Engineering, Estimation and Construction process.
Proven ability to lead and motivate.
Proven technical abilities and knowledge.
WORK ACTIVITIES: -
Analyzing/ Interpreting Checking / Negotiating
Handling Info/Instructions Controlling/Reviewing
Estimating/Calculating Clerical/Admin functions SAFETY AND QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES: -
Maintain standards of safety and comply with Company’s HSSE Management System requirements.
Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements