Fully Work Authorized No Visa Sponsorship Required Open to Relocation PROFESSIONAL SUMMARY
Internal Audit Practitioner with extensive experience in project management, IT and data analysis. Exceptional knowledge of audit procedures with expertise in business risk analysis, evaluation and control assessment techniques. Strong skills in negotiation, financial analysis and operational & management research. Key Skills:
• Well versed in Governance, Risk and
• Risk & Progect management
• IT auditing (ERP, Office, Internet, Networking)
• Finance & Accounting principles
• Problem solving tools & techniques
• SOX skills set ( Section 404).
• Cost Optimization acumen.
• MS Office Suite; ERP and SQL
• Fluent in English and Arabic
Working towards the Final Exam of CRMA – Certified Risk Management Assurance iia – Expected June-2019 Member, ISACA (Preparing for CISA exam - Certified Risk Management Auditor) 2017 - Present Member, Institute of Internal Auditors (Preparing for CRMA exam & CIA final exam) 2013 - Present Certified Team Supervisor (CTS), Management Strategy Institute (MSI), USA 2019 Certified Sarbanes-Oxley Trained Professional (SOTP), Management Strategy Institute (MSI), USA 2019 Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Part 1 & Part 2, Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA), Fort Worth, TX 2017 Waking towards Cybersecurity Audit Certificate and CISA Certificate ISACA Expected 04/2019.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE .
SARAH Transport Inc. (Arlington, TX) October 2018 – January 2019 Privately held company
• Played key role in developing and implementing financial audit plan, presented audit finding & recommendations to appropriate level of management on timely basis then carried out effective monitoring and follow-up which effectively contributed in achieving more than 95% of firm targets and goals.
• Carried out comprehensive audit assignments that resulted in remarkable improvement of the firm’ systems’ policies & procedure, risk management & internal control system.
• Carried out routine audit activities such as but not limited to:
• Worked on daily basis with management to ensure timely and accurate invoicing and dispute resolution raised by contractors and customers determined root cause of disputes and reported process deficiencies and needed improvements to appropriate Management.
• Carried out regular and surprise audit check to verify the accuracy of petty-cash, bank balances, reported on any weaknesses which may be arises and offering constructive audit recommendations.
• reviewed and customers A/R issues, aging reports, reconciliation of sub-ledger to G/L., billing discrepancies and collections on past due accounts.
• Supported external auditors and other regulators by coordinating information requirements. Internal Auditor 09/2015 - 10/2018
STAR-OIL Operations Company,
Mid-sized multinational exploration & production Oil & Gas firm
• Led and oversaw management of firm operations in HQ & Oil Field; developed and established Audit Dept. charter, policies and procedures until BOD approval reached
• Played key role in development, implementation & execution of annual audit plan; liaised between internal audit department & external audit teams, achieving 90% of plan objectives
• Conducted assessments of information security process such as responses to key risks, adequacy of key controls to mitigate risk, adherence to COBIT, reliability of methods used to protect assets and Backup & Restoration system; submitted comprehensive audit report to IT Dept. & BOD
• Assisted in development of company’s Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity plans, tested planning and execution of plans in HQ & Field
• Served on Star-Oil Committee formed by CEO to carry out constructive negotiations with supplier in wake of Oil price plummet, succeeded in gaining consent for 20% discount representing valuable save to company
• Led 2 Investigation Teams and conducted 3 workshops to train junior auditors in preparation of risk based audit plan and cost optimization monitoring & follow up
• Designed AFE tracking-system models using Excel Pivot to control authorized expenditures in timely manner resulting in reduced budget overrun by 60%
Assistant Internal Auditor 09/2001 - 08/2015
Greater Nile Petroleum Operations Company (GNPOC), Large, multinational exploration & production Oil & Gas firm with annual revenue above $12B
• Conducted routine financial, compliance, investigative & performance audits and program evaluations; analyzed company policies, management, operations, vendors, contractors & third parties business clients
• Led IT Audit plans for 7 consecutive years including preparation & implementation of annual IT risk based plan; conducted advisory assignments, workshops and task forces
• Led administration team to consolidate diverse reports such as risk exposure, business impact analysis, risk mitigation proposals and numerous cost optimization initiatives & recommendations, achieving 90% approval and implementation of initiatives & recommendations by GNPOC top management
• Partnered with External Auditors and Internal personnel to establish SOX requirements and strengthen overall level of Internal Controls.
• Lead on ERP Project Core Team (6 members selected out of 2400 staff) throughout project life cycle including feasibility study, planning, identification of requirements, development stage and testing through implementation phase, achieving 100% project results in terms of quality & time
• Represented Audit in ERP Project Core Team, identified key risks and assessed adequacy of General & Application controls designed to mitigate risks; accomplished ERP project according to management expectations and received 100% rating in annual performance appraisal
• Awarded "Outstanding Employee" amidst competition of 2400 global employees with international expertise
• Awarded "Excellent Performance" 4 consecutive years despite appraisal system restricting award to 5% of staff EDUCATION
Bachelor of Arts (BA), Finance and Accounting, University of Menoufya, Egypt @ Equall to US Bachelor degree
(Evaluated by ECE® Educational Credential Evaluators -US).