Edwin Ivan Rivera
Address: ***** ****** ****** ********, ** 91306
Phone: 818-***-**** (Cell) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Page 1
Seeking a career opportunity as a Human Resources/Project Management Coordinator in which I can, not only, apply my experience and knowledge of human resource management and implementation, but also provide a fresh perspective, so as to enhance employee and organization performance, through protocol, compliance and innovation, gaining insights that help in and build on targeted growth, policy objectives and proposed initiatives. Education
Industrial/Organizational Psychology Master’s Degree (MAIO) May 2011 Alliant International University -
Marshall Goldsmith School of Management
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (BA) December 2007
California State University, Northridge (CSUN)
• Well-seasoned in building productive teams, streamlining operations, and adding value to employers by increasing productivity & structure.
• Developing human capital and personal growth, through documentation, creativity, innovation, collaboration, and accountability.
• Active role in leading activities that fulfill organizational objectives in an efficient manner.
• Dedicated to promoting a culture of positivity, growth and transformation.
• Utilizing marketing, social media, branding, events and campaigns, in order to achieve sponsorship, facilitation and inclusion of businesses best practices.
Experience Valley Employment Services – SFVCMHC, Inc. – Van Nuys, CA (June 2018 – November 2018) Employment Specialist (ES)
Under the direction of the Program Manager:
• Responsible for assessing the vocational needs of authorized Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) adult referrals.
• Developing & implementing vocational plans in conjunction with DOR Counselor.
• Collaborating with client to determine what vocational services (i.e. Work Adjustment, Occupational Skills Training, and Employment Services), best suit client needs after completion of initial intake vocational assessment.
• Networking with local community businesses, companies and employers, so as to assist clients with job development in the surrounding competitive labor market.
• Provision of intensive mentoring, providing support on/with off-site jobs, as needed.
• Linkage to community resources such as: potential work sites, to be used as job training sites & providing on the job training/job mentoring.
• Teaching and facilitating work skills, conducting ongoing work assessment to determine client job readiness.
• Spearheading weekly in-house Job Club; a platform* to engage clients with topics and scenarios relating to the whole employment/employee phase cycle (i.e. job search, drafting resume, interview preparation, employment applications, job fairs, termination, ethical/unethical practices, salary negotiation, etc.). *Conference room setting, Computer Lab, Workshop, Training event, Recruitment IBIC- Intensive Behavior Intervention Consultants, LLC – Hermosa Beach, CA (February 2018 – June 2018) Behavior Implementation Interventionist (BII), Behaviorist
• Provided for the direct implementation of applied behavior analysis (ABA) interventions.
• Addressed student/client problematic behaviors in accordance with Positive Behavior Support Techniques. Edwin Ivan Rivera
Address: 20501 Bryant Street Winnetka, CA 91306
Phone: 818-***-**** (Cell) E-mail: email@example.com Page 2
• Utilized Nonviolent Crisis Prevention Intervention (NCPI) approved procedures to de-escalate problematic behaviors and ensured safety during crisis situations.
• Capture metrics / Track data for skill acquisition & problem behaviors on a daily basis, utilizing scripts, as well as documentation recorded and submitted in the LAUSD Welligent System.
• Trained to prompt/teach/facilitate assigned client (student) in accordance with Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP), for educational/social opportunities.
• Assisted the student to learn from teacher’s instructions/directives, observing peers, so as to teach replacement behaviors; appropriate play and interactions.
2020 Companies – Samsung – Santa Clarita, CA (November 2016 – September 2017) Samsung Experience Expert, Field Sales Manager (FSM)
• Built professional relationships on behalf of the company and client at both the store and customer level.
• Effectively demonstrated an on-going ability to establish, maintain and influence business partnerships through increased store/kiosk shelf space, product placement and consistent productivity.
• Drove Note 8 launch sales productivity up 22% through high quality, end-to-end direct sales.
• Visited retail stores in designated territory on a rotating and systematic weekly schedule to ensure consistent Brand / Product / Promotions message, delivered in a timely manner.
• Created consumer awareness and product/brand preference at the retail store level through trainings, assisted sales and Merchandising.
• Assessed and communicated on-site Brand needs, such as product marketing material and promotional collateral. Etc.
• Educated customers, store managers, and retail associates by providing the latest and most relevant flagship Samsung product information / specifications.
• Facilitated training workshops, quality sales presentations and customer/device demonstrations. GMR Marketing – Marlboro Nightlife Program – Los Angeles, CA (July 2015 – May 2016) Brand Ambassador
• Execution of consumer engagement/interactions for scheduled Program Nights in locally signed venues (bars, pubs, and clubs).
• Facilitated brand awareness to gain exposure at promotional program nights.
• Shared best practices with the Nightlife promotion/campaign. Peer development with team.
• Compliance Protocol Rollout. Maintained a high compliance standard.
• Practiced upholding the MSA and legal standards required for program activation nights.
• Data collection, so as to help build customer database/demographics.
• Asset Management. Performed onsite troubleshooting for DCD tablet devices.
• Attended and participated in program trainings assigned by the SBA, Market Manager and GMR Corporate staff. Mosaic Sales Solutions – Los Angeles, CA (March 2012 – April 2016) Field Service Representative, Team Lead, Brand Ambassador
• Successfully assisted marketing managers, team leads, BA’s and consumers, by serving as a knowledgeable, tech-savvy brand and product consultant, in all technical questions, device support/troubleshooter, in 8 new product campaigns.
• Leveraged Samsung, Starbucks, Purina, Kraft Mio, & Microsoft/Office 365 assets and credibility by providing up-close and personal product demonstrations, through a “live”, exciting informative, interactive experience for consumers of all ages.
• Drove customer trial-and-awareness of Samsung Galaxy Products/devices (i.e. Note, tablets and GS3) & Microsoft/Office 365 applications/software + Windows 10 OS, so as to increase customer consideration and preference through promotions of various technology mediums (i.e. smartphones, Surface Book/Pro, digital cameras/pictures, and social media).
Edwin Ivan Rivera
Address: 20501 Bryant Street Winnetka, CA 91306
Phone: 818-***-**** (Cell) E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Page 3
• Built sales representatives’ product knowledge by engaging in positive peer interactions, trainings, coaching, branding and creating a creative, informative customer-centric environment.
• Responsible for project management, by maintaining accurate and concise event metrics and logistics, in order to be properly staffed per program/event demands and activate programs effectively. Disney ABC Television Group – Burbank, CA (October 2010 – February 2011) External OD Consultant, Diversity Expert
• Examined the current state of diversity, the motivation and business case for diversity, and ways of measuring progress in diversity, for the Human Resources department, and corresponding business units.
• Provided organizational diagnosis, support and needs analysis to develop diversity initiatives and goals for contracted consulting project.
• Developed an interview guide to utilize as an instrument to drive data collection phase.
• Conducted 30 interviews with executives and business partners at Disney ABC Television Group from Burbank, CA and conference calls in New York.
• Reviewed existing DATG employee survey statistics, for purposes of identification of Disney history and previous programs of diversity.
• Analyzed and synthesized data from interviews.
• Spearheaded a strategy for addressing the underlying issues found. New Hampshire Ball Bearings, Inc. (NHBB) – Chatsworth, CA (January 2011 – March 2011) Human Resources Intern
• Developed employee survey/questionnaire so as to gauge for training needs assessment.
• Served as facilitator and proctor of employee survey to gather and collect organization work climate and employee satisfaction data.
• Conducted qualitative and quantitative data analysis of employee survey responses to provide executives/line managers/department leads with valuable information regarding work and company challenges that impact overall production and employee morale.
• Engaged in teambuilding workshops with middle managers and department leads stemming from survey data results.
• Designed interventions to address challenges with the company and departments.
• Provided recommendations to impact the company’s bottom-line; production/productivity. San Fernando Valley Community Mental Health Center, Inc. (SFVCMHC) – Van Nuys, CA Children’s System of Care / Therapeutic Behavioral Services (November 2007 – February 2011) Mental Health Counselor II, Case Manager, TBS Specialist
• Delivered treatment services with therapists, case manager's, parent advocate, program manager and Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS) specialists to integrate services for families as needed, such as linkage to community resources.
• Received Agency trainings in CPR, First Aid, Safety, Client Care Coordination Plans, intake assessments & crisis de-escalation.
• Conducted and facilitated youth anti-gang focus groups alongside probation officers to identify effectiveness of therapists and case manager interventions so as to increase colleague productivity.
• Coordinated off-site outings with clinical staff to reward clients for improved, and display of alternative behaviors (compliance, maintaining boundaries, etc.).
• Behavioral services provided included: working one-on-one, modeling, coaching client/caregivers with at-risk behavior modification & behavioral charts.
• Educated diverse families and clients on successful transition techniques through systematic coping skills trainings.
• Maintained and protected the privacy of clients through compliance of HIPAA standards (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996).