Sub: Application for the Post of “Science (Chemistry/Biology)/ Teacher”/Coordinator for Elementary/ Middle School & High School.
I am writing to apply for the position of a “Science (Chemistry/Biology)/ Teacher/Coordinator” for Elementary/ Middle School & High School.
I hope my educational background and experience would be utilized in a growth-oriented opportunity.
I am currently a doctoral candidate at the Karnataka University, India, and expect to be awarded by mid of 2019.
I have published two research papers in International Journals.
I am a first class Postgraduate in “Marine Science” and posses M. Phil degree with specialization in “Marine Microbiology” from Karnataka University, India. I passed my graduation with Chemistry as a main subject Zoology & Botany as minor subjects.
Over the past twelve years, I have taught in different Schools with different curriculum such as American, British as well as Indian curriculum. The challenge & demand of this profession inspired me to take-up additional degree in Education. I have completed my Bachelor degree in Education (Certified Teacher) from PES College of Education, Farmagudi, Goa, India.
At present working as an Academic Coordinator in Dauha Al Uloom School, Jeddah.
In my Academic Coordinator, Teacher role, I honed my abilities in learning outcomes tracking and training, providing a solid foundation for the Academic Coordinator position. My communication, student-centric nature and eagerness to inculcate good values in the students have afforded me excellent leadership skills.
I am excited to contribute my strengths and proficiency in planning toward your team efforts. As an extroverted and personable communicator with a proven track record in report generation, my focus on building strong professional relationships has been a valuable asset throughout my career.
I have Scheduled and coordinated meetings that involve multiple members of the Academics Team. I have assisted with the preparation of training materials and logistics for professional development sessions. I have strong interest and background in education and Science and a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
I have extensive experience working with lower grade students, as well as students in the higher grades. I am able to create a classroom environment that accommodate the needs of my individual students while still promoting a high level of critical thinking, writing and speaking skills.
I love the interaction with the students and the thrill of trying to teach something challenging. The cognitive skills that they develop early on will serve them for the rest of their lives, in all of their personal and professional endeavors. This is the reason, I like to teach and manage the High School and middle school students.
Please review my resume for a complete collection of my work history and accomplishments.
I’m hoping to discuss how my personality and work history fit the Academic Coordinator role.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration, I look forward to hear from you.
Nasima Khan Shaikh
Name: Nasima Khan Shaikh
Husband’s Name: Naushad Khan
Age: 50 Years
Language Known: English, Hindi, Urdu, Marathi & Arabic.
Educational Qualifications: M.Sc. M. Phil. B.Ed. D.C.A.
B. Ed.(Bachelor of Education) Passed with First Class in July 2006 from Goa
B.Sc. Secured first class with chemistry as a Major
Subject, Zoology & Botany as minor subjects from
Karnataka University Dharwar, Inida.
D.C.A. Secured first class from Manipal Institute of Computer
Education Panaji, Goa, India.
Higher Educational Qualifications:
Ph.D. in Coastal Ecology: 2014 – April 2019
“Studies on Abundance and Distribution of
Zooplankton in Kali Estuary, Karwar, West Coast
M. Phil. (Master of Philosophy): Secured first class in 1994, specialization with Marine
Microbiology from Karnataka University, Dharwar,
M.Sc. (Master of Science): Secured first class in 1992 in Marine Science from
Karnataka University, Dharwar, India.
Others: Undergone research program during post graduation
Research Program during post graduation.
Research in Microbiology:
M.Sc. Title: Quality changes & Shelf life of fish and shell fish at ambient temperature.
M. Phil. Title: Bacterial Flora of cultured Etroplus suratensis during successive stages of
Mode of Research During PhD
1. The study catalogued the Hydrographic conditions of Karwar Estuary for the year 2016 - 2017.
2. Studied the temporal-spatial distribution and abundance of Zooplankton.
3. Monitored and correlated the environmental parameters and the Zooplankton population.
4. The study generated the list of dominant groups of zooplankton community with respect to physicochemical parameters and their relationships.
5. Evaluated the status of zooplankton and its role in ecosystem.
6. Analysed the biochemical composition of zooplankton.
Summary of Skills:
Academic Quality Assurance
Curriculum Management and Faculty Development
Classroom Management, Monitoring and Assessments
Good writing and communication skills in English.
Presenting ideas clearly and in logical order while using language that is appropriate for the class and occasion.
Reinforce Scientific Thinking
Critical thinking with innovative ideas
Execute the planned research program and interpret the data.
Exhibit the quality of team player, having the ability to work independently.
Attention to detail and the ability to focus.
Excellent time management and organizational skills to meet deadlines.
Personal integrity, and a willingness to maintain confidentiality.
Proactive and determined to achieve results.
Knowledge of laboratory standards and best practices
Experience with field research integrity
Conduct literature reviews.
Responsible for keeping track of student’s Academic growth and records.
1. Worked as a Biology Lecturer in Pre-University Arts, Commerce & Science College from July 1993 to April 1995.
2. Worked as a Teacher in “learning point” Primary School Faisaliya, Jeddah from October 1995 to July 1996.
3. Recruited as a Science Teacher at “Sonober International School” Jeddah, K.S.A. from June 2001 to March 2002.
4. Served as “Science Teacher” in Ecole International Al Afkar, Jeddah from September 02 to February 2003.
5. Appointed as a ‘Science Teacher’ at BIS Jeddah Saudi Arabia from April 2006 to September 2009.
6. Assigned as a ‘Science Teacher’ at Al Falah Delhi Public School Jeddah from October 2009 to June 2013.
7. Conducted classes for Post Graduate Students as a Research Scholar at Faculty of Marine Biology Karwar, Karnataka University Dharwar, India from August 2015 to March 2017.
8. Presently working as a Academic Coordinator and Biology Teacher in Dauha Al Uloom International School, Jeddah.
Duties and Responsibilities as an Academic Coordinator
1. Working with the Vice Principal to ensure smooth running of the school.
2. Responsibility for creating and maintaining a school culture indicative of a professional learning community.
3. Assisting in the development and implementation of the curriculum.
4. To ensure the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, curriculum which complements the School's mission and School Improvement Plan
5. Reviewing and approving materials, resources, assessments on a weekly basis to ensure that teachers' work is aligned with standards
6. To keep up date with and respond to developments in the subject area and teaching practice and methodology.
7. Ensuring that instructional materials are adequate and support the curriculum.
8. To ensure each teacher in the department is properly documenting the use of resources, materials and assessment.
9. Preparing class schedules.
10. Account for student achievement and progress through various forms and practices, including the administration of the tests, and production of report cards.
11. Keep parents informed of their child’s learning or behavioral problems, offering sound recommendations where possible.
12. Planning and participating in parent conferences in matters of extreme importance such as identification of learning difficulties, serious behavioral problems, or recommendation for professional services.
13. Responsible for Teachers Supervision for the evaluation and promotion of professional growth of assigned teachers through setting objectives, classroom observations, and written reports.
14. Ensuring that all teachers have established means by which to communicate with parents on a regular basis.
Zooplankton diversity in river Kali, Karwar, West coast of India.
2017IJEDR/ Volume 5,Issue 3/ISSN:2321-9939
International Journal of Engineering Development Research
Naseema Shaikh, J.L. Rathod and Raveendra Durgekar
Research Scholar, Associate Professor, Research Fellow,
Dept of Marine Biology, KUPG Centre, Karnataka India
Seasonal variations in Physico-Chemical parameters of Kali estuary, West Coast of India.
I.J.S.N., VOL.8 (3) 2017: 489-493
International Journal of Science and Nature.
Naseema Shaikh, J.L. Rathod and Raveendra Durgekar
Research Scholar, Associate Professor, Research Fellow, Dept of Marine Biology, KUPG Centre, Karnataka India.