Timothy J. Cashman
I am seeking a challenging and rewarding position where my prior work
and life experiences, personal abilities, and a commitment to professionalism would be of value. My ideal position would allow for continued personal and professional growth commensurate with personal and professional achievements that benefit my employer and myself. Work Experience
Portsmouth, NH Police Department
3 Junkins Avenue
Portsmouth, NH 03801
- School Resource Officer - 2013 to present
- NASRO certified using a collaborative team effort between myself, educators, students, parents, and the community to improve school safety. Our goal is to provide a safe and secure learning environment in my school, provide valuable resources to school staff, foster a positive relationship with the city’s youth, and develop strategies to resolve problems affecting students, with the goal of protecting and nurturing every child so they can reach their fullest potential.
- Police Detective - 2008 to present
- Work that focused on the protection of children and young adults from those seeking to do them harm via technology and the internet.
- Police Officer - 1997 to 2008
- Protect life and property, preserve the peace, prevent crime, detect and arrest violators of the law, and enforce all Federal, State, and City laws and ordinances.
- Testify in court under oath in regards to work and investigations I have completed, at both the District and Superior Court level, in front of lawyers, judges and juries.
- Current and past member of specialized units and teams, such as the Accident Team and the Honor Guard.
- Public Safety Dispatcher - 1996 to 1997
York, ME Police Department
41 Main Street
York Beach, ME 03910
Police Officer - 1993 to 1996 (Part time)
NH State Police Academy, Police Detective, Advanced NASRO Certified School Resource Officer, Master Patrolman, Senior Field Training Officer, Accident Reconstructionist, Child Safety Seat Technician, Member of Portsmouth Police Honor Guard, Past-President of the Portsmouth Police Relief Association, Board of Directors of NH Police Association, past 34 Sagamore Drive
Wells, Maine 04090
Vice President of the NH Police Emerald Society.
- Volunteer – UNH Parent’s Council
- Past President – Berwick Academy Athletic Boosters
- Drill Instructor – Wells, Maine High School Marching Band
- Volunteer – Wells, ME School Department
- Volunteer – Berwick Academy Parent’s Council
- Financial Secretary – Ogunquit, ME Baptist Church
- Professional Mentor – Berwick Academy Class of 2018
- Volunteer – Portsmouth Police Relief Association Education
Saint Anselm College
100 Saint Anselm Drive
Manchester, NH 03102
Dates attended: 9/1990 to 5/1994
Bachelor of Arts - Criminal Justice
Cheshire High School
525 South Main Street
Cheshire, CT 06410
Dates attended: 1986 to 1990
Available upon request, along with a current and detailed curriculum vita.