Anchorage, AK 99507
To obtain a full-time position in which I can utilize my strong medical and educational achievements along with my life skills and work for a company with an opportunity for advancement. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
05/10 – Present In-home foster Care, Anchorage, AK Foster Parent
• Provide temporary care for children who are coming out of Mclaughlin Youth Center/OCS, giving them guidance, and stable safe, nurturing environment.
• Work with a team of Probationary Officers, Counselors, and other supportive outreach teams to make sure the child can safely return home.
• Participate with the Probationary Officers, Counselors, and other outreach teams to build a productive case plan.
• Adhere to the confidentiality of the child and his or her family.
• Understand the needs for, and goals of the child, and schedule approved visits with parents.
• Provide positive reinforcement, redirection, set realistic expectations, encourage the children to create journals of their experiences. (Journals not mandatory)
• Inform Probationary Officers promptly about any problems or concerns that needs to be addressed expeditiously.
• Work with hospitals and clinics scheduling medical, dental, and counseling appointments.
• Maintain medical, dental treatment records; and immunization records.
• Respect the child’s culture/religion.
• Participate in parent teacher conferences, making sure children maintain excellent attendance, and all assignments completed. Also stress the importance of maintaining strong academics.
• Assist the children with developing healthy independent living skills which will benefit them when they return home.
06/17 – 03/10 Opus Memoria LLC Anchorage, AK Caregiver
• Assisted residents with bathing and dressing
• Prepped and prepared meals for residents
• Monitored vital signs, weight, checked blood sugar levels, assisted with insulin shots, and wound care dressings
• Wash, fold, and put away resident’s laundry
• Took residents for walks and assisted with range of motion
• Participated in activities with residents.
• Measured resident’s intake/output.
• Answered questions and concerns to the best of my ability that family members may have had concerning their love ones.
• Assisted residents into/out of beds to wheelchairs
• Monitored residents throughout the entire shift
• Assisted residents with medication management
09/08/09 – 03/10 Arc of Anchorage, Anchorage, AK Individual Supporting Specialist Provide ongoing supervision to individuals as directed in developing and maintaining appropriate work skills both on and off the job site. In addition, provide support for individuals to assist them in pursuing goals related to community activities, social interactions, essential life skills, and hygiene tasks. Work independently based on the individual’s needs but maintain close contact with the assigned supervisor and the team.
07/95 – 10/06 Providence Health Care, Anchorage, AK Certified Nursing Assistant
• Function actively in a self-managed work team to coordinate daily care tasks, life engagement, and care for the residents/patients
• Demonstrated understanding of and carried out individual resident’s/patient’s care according to standards of care and resident’s/patient’s daily care plan
• Record vital signs, weights, meal intake/output, medication management, and other required documentation. Helped implement the dementia unit with activities and trained new employees
• Kept record of Medical inventory supplies
• Monitored residents/patients throughout the entire shift
• Worked under direct supervision of RN’s and Clinical supervisors
• Assisted residents/patients with bathing and dressing CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
01/27/2019 Activities for Clients with Alzheimer’s 01/28/2019 All about Bed Bugs
02/03/2019 Communication with Your Alzheimer’s Clients 02/03/2019 Safe Environments for Clients with Alzheimer’s 02/04/2019 Housekeeping Basics
02/07/2019 A Vital Signs Update
02/07/2019 Being Assertive
02/08/2019 Being a Preceptor – for CA/WA
02/12/2019 Basic Nutrition & Hydration – for All States 02/17/2019 Basic First Aid Tips – for CA/WA
02/17/2019 An Infection Control Update
02/23/2019 Emotional Losses in the Elderly – for CA/WA 12/20/2019 The Pacific Institute
Thought Patterns for a Successful Career
03/08/2014 Alaska Center for Resource Families
Building Families Through Adoption
04/09/2007 Phlebotomy Training Requirements
04/09/2007 HIPPA Privacy Training
08/06/2007 Electrocardiography Training Requirements 08/09/2007 Engineering and Work Practice Controls
Personal Protective Equipment
General Universal Precautions and housekeeping
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCES
2007 - 2008 High Tech Institute, Memphis, Tn Certified Medical Assistance 09/15/2010 Penn Foster High School High School Diploma 2011 – 2012 Alaska Career College, Anchorage, AK Phlebotomy Technician Accredited member, Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSC) First Aid/CPR/BLS/with AED Healthcare Provider – American Safety and Health Institute SKILLS HIGHLIGHTS
• Ability to stay focused on numerous details and to maintain a high level of accuracy
• Proficient in collection of blood specimens by capillary, venipuncture, syringe, and butterfly draws
• Point of care testing to include: Urine HGG, urinalysis, hemoglobin, and rapid strep tests
• Professional with honesty, integrity and loyalty
• Ability to effectively deal with people who are under stress by remaining calm and professional.
• Reliable, dependable, punctuality, attendance, and flexible
• Charting expertise
• Understands medical procedures
• Trained in groom and bathing assistance
• Respiratory equipment training
• Documentation procedures
• Trained in catheter change and preparation
• Medical terminology knowledge
• Positive conflict resolution skills
• Team player and people person
• Proactive and take initiative