David L. Segal
***** **** ********* ** • Lutz, FL 33549
• Media Production - Audio & Video
• Broadcast Operations - live and recorded
• Audio-Video Systems Design and Integration
• Live sound- Front of House mixing
• Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations and Writing
• Art Direction
• Graphic & Industrial Design
• Exhibit and Set Design
• Project and event management, coordinator, lead tech, site Lead, department manager and owner-operator of media companies.
• CTS Certified - Infocomm International
• Computer Literate on Apple and PC platforms.
• Freelance-contract and full-time positions
• College level instructor and department coordinator in Media Production.
Audio-visual and media production; camera, audio A1/A2, technical director/director, editing and lighting. Remote truck operations, production coordinator.
AV operations, systems design and integration, video conferencing. Lead systems designer and outside sales engineer for audio/video/ multimedia systems, client interface, system design, sales and project management. Site manager for AV.
Lead tech for AV operations and Front of House live sound mixing. Location sound recordist and boom operator, live sound reinforcement and monitors.
Commercial production and trade show/corporate events. Powerpoint graphics.
Art director and graphic designer, copywriter.
Marketing, advertising, public relations and promotion. Denver, Colorado Springs, Aspen, CO:
• KDTV: City and County of Denver Television
• SW Studios, Inc.
• KKTV: Ackerley Communications, Inc.
• HBO Productions: US Comedy Arts Festival
• FOX News: Fox News Channel, Denver Bureau
• AT&T/Lucent Technologies
• KMGH-TV: McGraw Hill Broadcasting
• Commcepts Media Productions
• Easy Edit
• ListenUp Pro audio/video
• A diverse professional with a unique combination of skills and experience, ready to solve challenges and implement innovations. Experience:
Duties associated with the above positions:
Florida 2003- full-time and on-going freelance:
• Seminole Hard Rock Casino and Hotel Tampa, FL
• Afterimage Productions Tampa, FL
• Donovan Audio Designs Tampa, FL
• American Audio Visual Orlando, FL
• CorpShorts Hollywood, CA
• DB Audio Solutions Tampa, FL
• Megas Productions Arlington, TX
• Red Sky Media Orlando, FL
• Ford Amphitheater Tampa, FL
• StudioNow - AOL Video Nashville, TN
• Tampa Bay Community Network Tampa, FL
• Apple Computer Tampa, FL
• University of Tampa Tampa, FL
• WBBM-TV: Columbia Broadcasting System
• WGN-TV & Radio: Tribune Broadcasting Company
• WMAQ & WKQX Radio: National Broadcasting Company
• WIND Radio: Westinghouse Broadcasting Company
• WLS-TV: American Broadcasting Company
• Cable News Network: Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.
• Commcepts Advertising and Design
• Columbia College
Education, Credentials and Certifications
University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana.
B.S. Degree in Communications.
Certified Technology Specialist - CTS Infocomm International Certified Legal Video Specialist Member NCRA
(National Court Reporters Association)
DBX Professional Audio Systems: Certified in Driverack operations BSS Audio Professional Systems: Certified in SoundWeb operations Abbreviated accomplishments:
• National Awards for graphic design and commercials.
• Designed and built digital video studio, control room and surround sound recording, Foley and mixdown studio for University of Tampa.
• Created a downloadable guide book for students that provides core information for the introductory class in media production. The guide was adopted by the
department as the defacto teaching reference for the foundation course in media production that served over eight class sections.
• Increased sales of Easy Edit by 30% in four months prior to acqusition by Commcepts Media.
• Designed and built mobile video production studio.
• Grew Commcepts Advertising’s revenues to $500k in 5 years.
• Modified and upgraded Hard Rock Cafe’s performance system to digital audio.