Jennifer Rose Lazinsk, CHC, OT/L
Raleigh, NC, 27613
CAREER HISTORY AND OBJECTIVE:
I am a Health Coach with 25 years of experience as an Occupational Therapist, coach and business owner in the health and wellness industry. I have worked with varied populations, from pediatric to geriatric. I possess a great passion for being of service to each of my clients, and I possess a thirst for attaining, understanding and sharing information on an expansive range of health topics. I enjoy engaging communication and value my strong interpersonal skills. I display a tremendous amount of commitment and empathy towards my clients. I have a very strong desire is to continue to impart my knowledge, experience, guidance, deep caring and passion to all who entrust me with their care. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Jennifer R. Lazinsk Holistic Health Coaching, Asheville/Raleigh, NC Proprietor, July 2013-Present
• Use sales and business acumen to reach out and market my services to medical professionals and the public at large.
• Consults with clients regarding their health concerns and the goals they are looking to achieve.
• Educates on multiple aspects of foundational health, guides clients to set achievable goals, keeps clients accountable through bi-monthly consultations and daily check-ins.
• Lectures/educates on a broad range of health topics in the community.
• Has written health related articles for newspaper publications in the community.
• Stays on top of an expansive range of topics in health and wellness and continually grows in expertise in these areas.
• Works collaboratively with practitioners in the community. In Caring Hands, Hillsborough, NC
Proprietor, August 2001-July 2012
• Worked as a manual therapist for patients in chronic pain.
• Trained/certified in techniques to include: cranial sacral therapy, reflexology, lymphatic drainage, connective tissue mobilization, children’s yoga.
Adventist Home Health Care, Silver Spring, MD/Manor Care, Potomac MD/Sun Spectrum, Chevy Chase MD/ Legacy Health Care, Durham, NC/ A Place To Grow, Durham, NC Occupational Therapist, OTR/L, September 1995-2014
• Worked as an Occupational Therapist, full-time/part-time/per diem throughout these many years, in the treatment of children through the geriatric population for both neurological and biomechanical challenges, in home care, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, hospital/acute care, and in an outpatient/clinic to help my clients achieve their maximal function with dignity.
• Acted as OT supervisor at Sun Spectrum/outpatient rehabilitation, and, in all settings collaborated with medical teams in each aspect of client care. Educated clients, led groups and lectured on various aspects of self-care and wellness.
University of Maryland, College Park, MD
Bachelor of Science, Kinesiological Sciences, December 1988 Columbia University, NY, NY
Master of Science, Occupational Therapy, August 1992 Institute of Integrative Nutrition, NY, NY
Certified Holistic Health Coach, July 2013