Oakland, CA *****
Animal Care /Customer Service/Logistics
Support and Scheduling/Cargo Handling/Transport
• Strong combination of animal care, logistics, transport, and people skills working for non-profits, for profit businesses and owner of a small business.
• Excellent organizational skills; resourceful dedicated team player; driven to complete projects on time.
• Solid computer experience to support business growth and track customer interactions. For Profit Business Experience
Lyft Pet 2016-Present/Pet Express Animal Transport 2006–2016 Miracle Mile Veterinary Hospital 2002-2005/Seal Cove Partners 2000-2002
• Lead driver; enabled pet transport business to expand in the Bay Area by training many new drivers and developing protocols and procedures for pet care and delivery.
• Led ramp up of company’s new LA office by building our new facility & training new staff. Enabled company to grow and expand outside of the Bay Area, resulting in increased business and sales.
• Transporting animals to/from SFO secure airline cargo facilities (requiring TSA clearance.)
• Pickup/ delivery of animals in company van to owner’s residence, commercial facility, or airlines.
• Interfaced with U.S.D.A. to obtain proper certificates and import permits to transport animals internationally. Prepare transport crates for animals, including USDA crate seals resulting in safe and legal pet transport.
• Booking appointments, interviewing clients, consultations, administering basic care to animals. Small Business Owner
Kane Dog Walking & Pet Sitting 2004-2005
• Walk dogs in neighborhoods and local parks. Pet sitting & pet related services as requested by clients.
• Handled scheduling, billing, client special requests, pet emergencies, business outreach and marketing. Non-Profit Experience
SF/SPCA San Francisco, 1998-2000
• Animal care attendant in the medical recovery department.
• Responsible for: Assisting veterinary technicians with daily medications.
• Animal restraint, pre/post surgery care/prescription feeding.
• Updating database with client location and customer recovery data.
• Customer outreach and consultations.