Profile of Skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills developed through interaction with customers, seniors, colleagues and management staff
• Technical documentation skills cultivated by making progress reports, manuals, data sheets of product
• Ability to meet the deadline and work with minimum supervision gained by working in fast paced industry
• Able to work independently and within a team with collaborative nature in project work
• Tactful to coordinate colleagues and different department with greater flexibility
• Efficiently involved in development of innovative design of products by taking initiative Technical Skills
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and
Outlook) proficiency with 5 years of experience
• Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) skills gained through industrial experience
• AutoCAD (Certificate Course-2013)
• SolidWorks Foundation & SolidWorks Advance
• Catia V5 - (University Grade 92% - FEA Course)
• Autodesk Inventor
Master of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Co-op September 2017 – December 2018 University of Windsor, Windsor, ON (GPA = 85.75/100) Bachelor of Technology, Mechanical Engineering August 2011 – May 2015 Ganpat University, Gujarat, India (GPA = 7.38/10)
Mechanical Design Engineer Intern Co-op May 2018 – August 2018 Lambton Conveyor Limited, Wallaceburg, ON, Canada
• Prepared detailed drawings of parts & assemblies as per standard with GD&T for better assembly & functional accuracy.
• Created 3D Models and assembly of heavy-duty sheet metal parts in Autodesk Inventor by maintaining all the data through Autodesk Vault and proposed new alternative design of the top roof of the drag conveyor.
• Modified and improved existing products and maintained all the design data as per engineering change.
• Generated specifications, procedures, assembly & installation instruction for new products. Quality Assurance Associate September 2017 – April 2018 Quality Models, Tecumseh, ON, Canada
• Used micrometer, gauges, calipers and other measurement instruments to test appropriate measurements.
• Documented daily process inspection sheets, reports and tagged first off/ last off.
• Maintained inventory at every stage by Kanban and generated daily inspection reports.
• Worked with complicated drawings, sketches, operation sheets and specifications to perform inspection. Junior Design Engineer June 2015 – August 2017
Bomafa Special Valve Solutions Private Limited, Ahmedabad, India
• Developed standard valve series and 3-D library of standard purchase parts in SolidWorks to simplify design work.
• Drafted detailed process flow layouts for process industry and power plant using AutoCAD and DraftSight.
• Prepared 3D Models of parts, assembly & simulation in SolidWorks considering GD&T.
• Prepared detailed 2D drawings of individual part, GA (General Arrangement) drawing, bill of material (BOM), weld index, costing sheet and other design related documents.
• Calculated design parameters of heavy-duty products as per standards and resolved design & production queries.
• Developed offer stage drawings for sales team and coordinated with other departments whenever required.
• Modified and improved existing products and maintained all the design data as per engineering change. Academic Project
Process improvement using lean tools at BlueSky Machining Corp. September 2018 – December 2018
• Led project team to reduce lead time for the assembly of load floor of Chevrolet Silverado truck.
• Used Value Stream Mapping, MODAPTS, Yamazumi, Kaizen, 5S, 5W1H, Ishikawa Diagram / Fishbone diagram and studied workflow to identify the root causes in different process.
• Designed a new plant layout and process flow chart and reduced average 15% of the cycle time of each station. Design and exergy analysis of parabolic dish solar collector January 2015 - May 2015
• Designed a solar system with the ability to get 1500C temperature of working fluid, within low capital cost and minimum heat losses delivering 65% efficiency.
• Prepared 3D assembly in SolidWorks and Presented prototype in front of experienced industrial professionals. Modification in clamping unit of injection molding machine June 2014 - December 2014
• Modified the design of clamping nut of tie bar in injection molding machine to reduce the impact force which increased the life of mold.
Design and development of grain suction blower January 2014 - May 2014
• Designed grain suction blower of 30 TPH capacity by considering numerous parameters for high speed grain transfer.
• Created 3D individual parts and working assembly in SolidWorks with detailed drawing. Academics and Extra Curricular Activities
• Completed online training certificate course of SolidWorks CSWP March-2019
• Volunteer in “OPUS Farmers Market” in University of Windsor October 2017-December 2017
• Volunteer in “Biotechnology Conference” & “Uwin Discover” in University of Windsor October 2017
• Earned 1st rank in “Innovative Project Idea Competition” at Ganpat University January 2015
• Organized technical event and participated in project paper presentation at Ganpat University January 2015
• Volunteer of “Ganpat Volun-Teacher Movement” that increased my leadership skill March 2014 Industrial Training
Siemens Limited, Vadodara, India July 2015
• Gained hands-on experience of design & assembly of steam turbine, production and maintenance system. Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO), India June 2014
• Inspected quality of fertilizers as per company standard.
• Recommended solutions for decreasing product waste and increasing productivity. References
• Available upon request