Mr. Kevin A. Dunn
New York, NY 10031
Career Objective: Securing an accounting and financial position within a company which affords the opportunity for growth. Hard working graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Equipped, through hands-on experience, with technical accounting skills and a practical understanding of how to apply accounting and business knowledge.
Lehman College, Bronx NY 2016 – 2018
Bachelors – Accounting / Financing
Hostos Community College, Bronx, NY 2013 – 2016
Associates – Accounting / Financing
Delta Brands Inc., Larchmont, NY 2017 - present
Account Payable Specialist:
1. Process daily accounts payable invoices, statements, expensive reports.
2. Manage weekly checks and recording all check into computerized programs.
3. Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements with related transactions.
4. Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting journal entries.
5. Issuing payments to vendor by monitoring discounts, verifying tax id numbers.
6. Resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices and payment discrepancies.
7. Prepared and produce daily, weekly, and monthly financial statements and reports.
8. Issued credit memos, stop payments and purchase order amendments.
District Council 37 AFSCME, NY, NY 2007 – 2018
Account Payable Clerk:
1. Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
2. Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports
3. Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling
and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies
4. Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances
5. Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
Bombardier Transportation Inc., Bronx, NY 2001 – 2007
CSR Account Payable Clerk:
1. Enter and reconcile invoices for Accounts Payable
2. Maintain vendor and manufacturer files, enter new information and account updates in
3. Create, review and submit credit applications to vendors
4. Negotiate with vendors and manufacturers to minimize late fees
5. Manage unapproved AP, unbilled AP – ensure clean AP Agings
GEICO Auto Insurance, Woodbury, NY 1997 – 2001
Account Payable Clerk:
1. Responsible for setting up new vendors
2. Process weekly check runs and mail out payments
3. Process corporate credit card and payments
4. Process intercompany transactions
5. Review and process salesmen expenses reports
Computer Skills: MS Office Excel, Outlook, QuickBooks, Sharepoint, SAP
Concur Travel Expenses, NetSuite